PDA

View Full Version : What game made you a fan?

aj142
07-16-2002, 11:52 AM
What was the first game you ever played that got you HOOKED?

Snapple
07-16-2002, 12:15 PM
halo duh

RudedogX
07-16-2002, 12:19 PM
hmm...you didn't say hooked on what. If it's on videogames...Gotta be Combat for the Atari.

OK, so if it is hooked on the XBox, it would be a toss up between Halo and DOA3.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the boards

Dre
07-16-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by aj142
What was the first game you ever played that got you HOOKED?

Welcome to the boards! You'll enjoy your stay I'm sure. I think the first game would be DoA3. But I didn't buy Halo until 2 months ago.. that game rocks.

If you are talking about videogames in general.. I think I was born hooked.

Casper
07-16-2002, 12:20 PM
halo duh

<center>http://www.gametavern.net/forums/images/smilies/fanboy.gif</center>

Don't mind him ;)

I will have to say that after playing DOA3 I was hooked. It wasn't the best fighting game in the world (but close to it, mind you), but the graphics were enough to make me drool. Also, just knowing that M$ was involved was a huge deciding factor.

And btw, aj, welcome to XBA, I hope that you enjoy your stay :)

Snapple
07-16-2002, 12:53 PM
im not no fanboy(well a little)

so casper dont go around calling me a fanboy:(

halo did get me hooked to xbox cause thats the game i play almost every time i play xbox,so there:D

Uchiha Sasuke
07-16-2002, 12:56 PM
Pitfall for atari was a game that got me hooked.After that i couldnt stop playing them.As for on xbox it would be Halo.

Casper
07-16-2002, 01:01 PM
http://www.gametavern.net/forums/images/smilies/joke.gif

http://www.gametavern.net/forums/images/smilies/lurk.gif

hehe...well I had to come back in here cuz I was thinking about whether or not he was asking about becoming a true gamer, or if was just the Xbox. But I became a fan of games had to be from playing the MK and Killer Instinct series at the local deli when I was in High School. I remember those days when we'd play tourneys while skippin class, can't beat the err... high...education

Snoopy7548
07-16-2002, 01:45 PM
the game that got me hooked was virtual sex 2. lol, j/k. i cant remember the first game i played.

cityson
07-16-2002, 01:52 PM
Halo.....Played it 4 times all the way from easy to legendary. ;) Still playin' it right now cuz the endin' is great.

Tkf5000
07-16-2002, 02:00 PM
i wasnt around for atari. i started snes when i was like 3. my aunt loved the old final fatasy series. final fantasy II (which is really ff4)
and zelda a link to the past and super mario were my first games. in final fantasy went from walking around and when i fought i just pushed the same button over and over to fight. then i started using gamegenie to cheat and i actually learned to play then i got off genie and acutally started playing. then i was really hooked. now i beat almost all the games i play and video games are my big thing.

lllSmokelll
07-16-2002, 02:10 PM
sonic the hedghog for genesis

Zion
07-16-2002, 02:53 PM
Blood Wake was the first game that really pulled me into the Xbox. Man that is some good stuff. I got my Xbox on launch along with DOA, Madden, and Nascar Heat which were all great games but I knew exactly what to expect with them. Blood Wake kinda took me by surprise..I love that game!

Snoopy7548
07-16-2002, 02:58 PM
all you people have it wrong. hes not talking about the first game you played for the xbox. he wants to know what was the first game you ever played that got you hooked on videogames:mad:

tennyson
07-16-2002, 03:19 PM
Not sure if this counts since it's a PC game, King's Quest II.

Alien
07-16-2002, 03:25 PM
I'd probably have to say VectorMan for the Sega Genisis.

http://outerspace.terra.com.br/retrospace/materias/consoles/imagens/parte21/vectorman.jpg

Or Desert Strike for my really old PC. I was really young, but I used to play with my dad.
http://digilander.libero.it/pccheats/DESERT.jpg

Welcome to XBA too! You'll like it here. :)

Tinny
07-16-2002, 03:34 PM
X-Box: Halo
Games: Tough one. How old? PC: Toss up between AvP:GE and AoE.

studepaber
07-16-2002, 03:39 PM
Played Asteroids on arcade when I was 5. Instantly hooked (so was my father) so he bought an Atari 2600 and Asteroids.

Xbox: Playing a demo Halo on a kiosk in EB, convinced me I better get it at launch!

Master coder
07-16-2002, 04:29 PM
i got hooked withe the street fighter series and the streets of rage series

Dre
07-16-2002, 04:31 PM
crap... completely forgot about the game "Bricks" on my friends Apple II!!! That's definitely the first game I played.. and I played it alot! Its the same sort of thing as Arkanoid.

The Source
07-16-2002, 07:48 PM
Halo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and NFL Fever 2002!!!!!

Dyslexic Chaos
07-16-2002, 09:52 PM
The first game I remember playing was Super Mario Bros. 1, when I got my first NES when I was, I think 4. I remember those damn hard shell turtles used to stump me back then (Why won't they die *kick* hehe, I won...*It hits a wall* ahh, it's coming back *Smash* Damn, it killed me... again). But the game that got me hooked. i'd have to say Golden axe for the genisis. That game was sooooooo awesome. I Can't wait for it on the GBA.

DOOM
07-16-2002, 09:55 PM
PONG & DOOM!!!!!

aj142
07-17-2002, 11:31 AM
Snoopy is right... I meant what game got you into video games in the first place... but that's OK! It's whatever you want to talk about! Thanks for the welcome, Dre... and I would have to agree that HALO is just about the coolest game ever made! I got my XBOX just for that game. Casper and I share a common influence with MK - when that game was in the arcade I suddenly lost track of everything else in the world. Casper, have you seen the screens for the MK coming to XBOX? Here ya go, my friend:
http://www.mortalkombat.midway.com/ ... enjoy.

y2kash_14
07-17-2002, 11:16 PM
I've played Video Games all my life, but the game that REALLY got me into gaming is Super Mario 3

DoA3 got me into the Xbox

Zion
07-18-2002, 07:13 AM
Oh, if it's first game ever...I'd say Pitfall or River Raid on the Atari 2600 really got me hooked. Pac Man or Donkey Kong at the arcade would probably be the first games I ever played.

aj142
07-18-2002, 11:49 AM
Hey, does anybody remember Showbiz Pizza Place? I guess Dave-N-Busters is the new version of that old joint, without the animatronics. That place got me into video games. Right around the same time, Tron came out in the theaters. I guess the Tron video games didn't do so well, but I wish they would redo some of them for XBOX. Especially the light cycle races... now they could make them just like they look in the movie. Totally unrelated, which MK ninja do most people generally find is better? Sub-Zero or Scorpion?

Marc
07-18-2002, 12:15 PM
The game that got me hooked on video games was Data East's Tag Team Wrestling in the arcade.
The game that got me hooked on Xbox was Madden 2002. I had the smae game for the PS2, but the Xbox version looked better and the load and save times were incredibly faster. EA didn't even try to make the gaem better, but it showed what a superior piece of equipment the Xbox is.

Caliadar
07-18-2002, 12:37 PM
Karate Champ in the Arcades, I had played games before that one, but that was my first gaming obsession.

http://www2.webmagic.com/klov.com/screens/K/xKarate_Champ.png

Nerrad529
07-19-2002, 12:51 PM
It would defiantely be pole position for atari but my favorite old school games that got me hooked was the dragion warrior series and early final fantasy games.

Magnum Blast
07-19-2002, 12:58 PM
Commander Keen 1 on my old 386.

LTM360
07-19-2002, 01:54 PM
That depends, The Xbox, or Video Games in general. If Xbox then Halo, Video Games all around I was born with a NES, (currently 13yrs old, ill be 14 a week from now.) The first game I played was Super Mario Bros. when I was 2 yrs old. I think SMB & Contra got me into video games.

Shinji-Ikari
07-19-2002, 05:29 PM
I'd have to say Contra and Metroid for the NES were the games that still have me playing video games.:p

Highlite23
07-20-2002, 01:52 AM
I loved DOA2 on my DC, and followed it to the XBOX, been hooked on the system ever sice. Of course Halo helped with a few others.;)