PDA

View Full Version : very wierd, why they tell us on the losses ?

odpr
07-16-2002, 01:11 PM
Hi
I still don’t get it, why the hell people telling us all the time about the losses of the box, this is very weird it's like Microsoft is the smallest company in the world, what about intendo ? They are so small and nobody talk about their losses, I have a feeling that when u buy a box it's like u buy a share of this company, why nobody isn't so concern when they buy cube? Nintendo always lose on their system they never make it in this war, so why nobody his hysterical when they buy it?

The box is it Microsoft adventure? Can’t Microsoft give us security when u buy it?
The biggest company in the world that can buy my country can afford he box?

Bye
:)

pimpineezhoes
07-16-2002, 01:20 PM
I still don’t get it, why the hell people telling us all the time about the losses of the box, this is very weird it's like Microsoft is the smallest company in the world, what about intendo ?

Thats the point. Its MICROSOFT!! We are used to seeing Microsoft outselling everyone and being at the top all of the time. its like if the New York Yankees being in 4th place in the A.L. East, you are surprised to see them in being so low in the standings and not doing well, but you KNOW come playoff time they will be there.

XBox was destined not to do as well as PS2 in comparison. I mean everyone who ever had a playstation can buy a PS2 and play their old games and buy new ones. They already have fan loyalty, something Microsoft didn't have b/c this is their first console.

But give Microsoft a little while. Maybe two years and see how it is in comparison to all consoles. Yes they are still losing $$$$ a lot per box. But thats nothing new. Bill Gates was losing $1,000,000 a day when he was in court fighting for Microsoft. Who cares?

When this Xbox Live comes out it will help sales. There are numerous new games that are coming out for Xbox but there will never be ONE console. NEVER!!! SOny isnt going anywhere. My reason for saying that is that they have Playstation exclusive games like Final Fantasy. WHich is like one of THE LARGEST selling games everytime a new one comes out. Its like Xbox's Halo, the next version will be hyped up be a best seller!

Just give them time and remember....... its MICROSOFT!

Snoopy7548
07-16-2002, 01:33 PM
yea. its like how a ton of people hate windows and use macs. but microsoft is still doing really well, even though a lot of people dont like them. when sony came into the console market, it had nothing to compete with. the only things out at the time were genesis and super nintendo. so the ps1 was a big step up from those. microsoft had to compete with the ps2 and gamecube. and most people who owned a ps1, bought a ps2, cause they were familiar with it and stuff. same with nintendo

DrUnKtAnK
07-16-2002, 01:37 PM
FYI:
Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony all lose money on there consoles period.

I agree the MS seems to be always under the microscope, but from a marketing aspect that's what they want, no matter if is bad or good press. ;)

Snoopy7548
07-16-2002, 01:39 PM
microsoft is the richest company in the world. even if they lost 250 bucks on each console, they would still be rich. lol