PDA

View Full Version : Snowboarding games

Dr X
07-16-2002, 02:59 PM
I was playing a demo of Dark Summit and i quite enjoyed it, i thought it was good and would consider making it one of my collection.
What is the full game like?
And is their any other snowboarding games out that are good as well?

Casper
07-16-2002, 03:03 PM
IMO, I think Dark Summit was terrible, but eh, to each his own. I think that if you want a sim, then Amped is definetely the way to go. I still play SSX Tricky though, cuz I am totally hooked on it. It's histarical. But like I said, to each his own.

Dr X
07-16-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by casper
IMO, I think Dark Summit was terrible, but eh, to each his own. I think that if you want a sim, then Amped is definetely the way to go. I still play SSX Tricky though, cuz I am totally hooked on it. It's histarical. But like I said, to each his own.

I only played one course so i dident get a real feelfor the game.
But what i played was allright.
Then again maybe i thought this because i have nothing to compare it to.
Maybe i might go upthe video shop and hire the two you suggested.

PSYCH0 GUY
07-16-2002, 11:38 PM
i think ssx tricky is the most fun out of the 3.. dark summit is a piece of crap with retarded challenges and amped.. well when u can grind on the top of the board hanging upside down on a chairlife and land it.. u know theirs something whacked up with the game

PSYCH0 GUY
07-16-2002, 11:39 PM
i think ssx tricky is the most fun out of the 3.. dark summit is a piece of crap with retarded challenges and amped.. well when u can grind on the top of the board hanging upside down on a chairlife and land it.. u know theirs something whacked up with the game...ESPECIALLY when its trying to be a realistic game

Adema
07-16-2002, 11:48 PM
ummmm..... WTF was that did I just see the same post twice in a row. Any ways SSX is an awesome game I was hooked from the second I picked it up.

hook-worm J
07-17-2002, 12:53 AM
SSX Tricky is definitley worth the money. it comes out #1 in snowboarding games in my book.

xboxgamer142
07-17-2002, 05:16 AM
Apart from Dark Summit, there is SSX Tricky, Transworld Snowboarding, and Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding. I own Amped and I would recommend it. If you want a snowboarding game without racing, then Amped is the best game you can get!

y2kash_14
07-17-2002, 05:36 AM
If you like Arcadey games: SSX Tricky
If you like Sims: Amped
If you like Crap: Dark Summit

Dr X
07-17-2002, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by y2kash_14

LMFAO, VERY FUNNY Y2KASH_14.

Snapple
07-17-2002, 07:52 AM
all i know is i played amped and dark summit and

amped is fun

dark s is crap

Zion
07-17-2002, 09:51 AM
Dark Summit is pretty cool, I guess some people just can't understand it. It's not a 'dumb' game like SSX where you just pick up an go.

Now I'm not saying DS is a AAA title worth $49, or that it's a better game than SSX, but if you can get it for less than $20 it's well worth it.

Shorezy
07-17-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by y2kash_14

LOL! Well said y2...well said.

OppiumNitrates
07-17-2002, 10:23 AM
i would say that Amped is the best . . . as a snowboarder Amped provides the most realistic game . . . someone earlier said that u can grind upside down on a chairlift and land it so somthing is wrong with the game, but i think thay found a glitch and got lucky in the landing department . . . . SSX tricky is fake, the tricks r fake and the mountians r fake, u can take your board off your feet spin it around a few times and put it bak on yoru feet before u land . . . thats toooo fake in my opinion, Amped uses real mountains and riders plus they have some cool gameplay, its not just score as many points as u can, but get the media to see u, impress sponcers to get new gear, and go head to head with the PROs to try and out score them . . . . the Dark summit demo was fun for 5 minutes

Skarp
07-17-2002, 11:35 AM
Amped if you have patience
Tricky if you don't

wweomaniac
07-17-2002, 12:00 PM
I thought Dark Summit was terrible. My favorite snowboarding game of all time is SSX Tricky! You can't beat it. I didn't like amped because it wasn't extreme enough. If I wanted to see just normal snowboarding tricks, I would go to the mountains. But I wanna see major extreme unperformable tricks that look cool. That's why I perfer SSX.

PSYCH0 GUY
07-17-2002, 12:16 PM
sorry guys about my double post back their.. i pressed submit reply then went back right away and i guess it has alrdy gone through.. i had to add that last sentence to it..

y2kash_14
07-17-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by PSYCH0 GUY
sorry guys about my double post back their.. i pressed submit reply then went back right away and i guess it has alrdy gone through.. i had to add that last sentence to it..

Apologizing for a double post is only an excuse to get another post in your post count.............TRPILE POST!........j/k:)