PDA

View Full Version : Hooligan Game On Way To The USA.

Dr X
07-16-2002, 03:11 PM
I seen a review of a hooligan game on its way to the USA.
Its made by an Australian publisher and its going to be a strategy game where your head of a firm of hooligans, i think its to do with football i know that big over here.
And you have to go to other places and turn over other firms and do jobs to get money like rade shops ang things like that.
You also have running battles with the police as well as the other firms.
Also someone made the comment that it was nothing like State Of Emergency, It was much better and had more to the game that it.
Dose anyone have any more info on it.
Will it be for the xbox ?
When is it out in the UK ?

DrUnKtAnK
07-16-2002, 03:51 PM
I think this is the game your talking about... I didn't find any info on it coming to the XBOX or any other consoles at that, just pc now. It sounds pretty darn sweet...

http://www.hooligans-thegame.com/Main.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a Real Time Strategy game with a twist.
The object is to become the most notorious group of Hooligans in Europe. You must kill, maim and destroy the opposing Hooligan teams. You muster and control your faithful troops by administering drugs, alcohol and of course a good dose of violence every now and then. They must become true followers of your faction, for better or worse. Not only good strategic skills are required but also a good political mindset and managing capabilities to keep your troops happy and violent.
Whoever is victorious and catches the public's attention in the media, will end up the most notorious Hooligans in Europe and the world! A title that every Hooligan with his heart in the right place loves to fight for!

Ask not what your team can do for you, but what you can do for your team!

Dr X
07-16-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by DrUnKtAnK
I think this is the game your talking about... I didn't find any info on it coming to the XBOX or any other consoles at that, just pc now. It sounds pretty darn sweet...

http://www.hooligans-thegame.com/Main.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a Real Time Strategy game with a twist.
The object is to become the most notorious group of Hooligans in Europe. You must kill, maim and destroy the opposing Hooligan teams. You muster and control your faithful troops by administering drugs, alcohol and of course a good dose of violence every now and then. They must become true followers of your faction, for better or worse. Not only good strategic skills are required but also a good political mindset and managing capabilities to keep your troops happy and violent.
Whoever is victorious and catches the public's attention in the media, will end up the most notorious Hooligans in Europe and the world! A title that every Hooligan with his heart in the right place loves to fight for!

Ask not what your team can do for you, but what you can do for your team!

If only that would come to xbox, that would be sweet.

DrUnKtAnK
07-16-2002, 04:00 PM
I quickly looked at there message boards and really didn't see anything on consoles. Who knows it just may.

Has anyone played this on pc?

Toonz
07-16-2002, 05:43 PM
I have had this game for a few months now. Its very amateurish in design but very fun indeed. Its a RTS game. It does not have enough levels though 10 I think and there are only a few Multiplayer maps. Basically you have a group of thugs and are given missions.

Ex. Rival hooligans from another soccer team have surrounded the Hotel where yor team is staying. You must eliminate them so your team can get into the hotel and get a good nights rest in order to be ready for the big game.

You get a group of thugs and you can beat on people and stuff, rob stores etc, to earn cash to buy weapons to beat on the other hooligans. The larger your squad gets the more feared they are and the easier it is to sway others onto your side of terror. There are some kewl features like the ability to get plastered in the local tavern giving you a hightened sense of toughness allowing you take on other hooligans with a advantage.

It is cheaper than normal as well to buy like Serious Sam. Hope ths helps

Dr X
07-17-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Toonz
I have had this game for a few months now. Its very amateurish in design but very fun indeed. Its a RTS game. It does not have enough levels though 10 I think and there are only a few Multiplayer maps. Basically you have a group of thugs and are given missions.

Ex. Rival hooligans from another soccer team have surrounded the Hotel where yor team is staying. You must eliminate them so your team can get into the hotel and get a good nights rest in order to be ready for the big game.

You get a group of thugs and you can beat on people and stuff, rob stores etc, to earn cash to buy weapons to beat on the other hooligans. The larger your squad gets the more feared they are and the easier it is to sway others onto your side of terror. There are some kewl features like the ability to get plastered in the local tavern giving you a hightened sense of toughness allowing you take on other hooligans with a advantage.

It is cheaper than normal as well to buy like Serious Sam. Hope ths helps

That sounds so cool, Is it better compared to State Of Emergency ?

Toonz
07-17-2002, 05:09 PM
Sorry I have not played State Of Emergency so I would not know