PDA

View Full Version : raw is the best fighting game yes or no

Cool Raul
07-16-2002, 09:50 PM
yes

SlightlySycho
07-16-2002, 09:59 PM
RAW is, without a doubt, the worst wrestling game I have ever played. And keep in mind, I'm including those godawful WWF games Akklaim made a few years back with the video captured characters (like in Mortal Kombat) in that talley. It was horrendous, and each day I hate myself a little more for buying it on faith. After creating the masterpieces that were the N64 wrestling games, I am shocked and appauled that THQ agreed to publish this piece of garbage.

In short, I did not like this game.

Cool Raul
07-16-2002, 10:37 PM
cool

Tkf5000
07-17-2002, 11:10 AM
lol. this is far from the best fighting game ever. i like tekken advance more than i liked this. and thats sad. but you gotta admit it is the best wrestling game for weapons.

X-Factor
07-17-2002, 07:11 PM
First of all, Raw is a "Wrestling" game, NOT a fighting game. ;)

Secondly, Raw is the worse wrestling game I think I've ever played. :rolleyes:

Cool Raul
07-17-2002, 09:02 PM
I am the best

http://www.clanram.com/downloads/1024/muscleram.jpg

X-Factor
07-18-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Cool Raul
I am the bestGet outta here! ;)

Tkf5000
07-18-2002, 03:43 PM
these dum spaming noobs! where have the modorators been this week. has anyone seen those threads that guy makes about reviews. he has like 5 in every subject and the mods didnt do anything! u try and get your post count up by saying little stoopid things o "im the best" "cool".

Evil_Dr_Beefy
07-18-2002, 07:36 PM
i think that raw was a game rushed out the door. Then hype kicked in....

SlightlySycho
07-18-2002, 09:55 PM
Must not go on rant . . . Must not go on rant . . . Must . . . not . . . go . . . on . . . rant . . . ahscrewit

They had the old Kaientai music (and I hadn't even realized that they had changed their music:rolleyes: ) but they didn't have the old (or by the time it was released, current) Stone Cold music!!!

There was one f**king created wrestler model!!! ONE!!!

I've never experienced a create-a-wrestler mode that made me feel like I had done so much yet made so little!

K-Kwik? Yes. Booker T, NO?!?

No Royal Rumble? Not even a Battle Royal? Sure, they can squeeze six characters on the screen at once, but they don't even have a mode to show it off?!?

You can knock off people's accesories and beat them with them!?! Moreover, you can be disqualified for using the wrong one? What sick sum***** thought that was a good idea:mad:? More importantly, what friggin' peanut gallery agreed with him?!?

Can you please explain to me why the audiences looked better in the preview video than in the actual game? Can you? Hmmmm?!?:mad:

No managers?!? Even World Tour had managers!

What the Hell was up with that Spirit Meter? That stupid thing was all over the place!:confused:

What-- [passes out]

[click]

Tkf5000
07-19-2002, 11:25 AM
yea. i 100% agree about the meter. you cant do the same move twice withought having the crowd hate u. and each wrstler only had a few moves so it was hard. and one thing i dont understand was u can hit people with a medal that does A damage but u cant hit someone with something small like a drum stcik that does D damage.

Tkf5000
07-19-2002, 11:27 AM
yea. i 100% agree about the meter. you cant do the same move twice withought having the crowd hate u. and each wrstler only had a few moves so it was hard. and one thing i dont understand was u can hit people with a medal that does A damage but u cant hit someone with something small like a drum stcik that does D damage. hmm i would disqualify someone for hitting someone with a gold medal on a strap, i wouldnt deisqualify them for hitting someone with a drum stick, they got it backwards.

y2kash_14
07-21-2002, 10:58 PM
http://www.newstrom.com/images/Spam_and_Haines_small.jpg

Icey_Princess
07-22-2002, 10:34 PM
Other than the graphics its a piece of shiznit. Its like a corvette with a lawn mower engine in it.

X-Factor
07-22-2002, 10:37 PM
This thread is pointless; Raw is NOT even a fighting game!

Raw was a wrestling game last time I checked...:rolleyes:

SlightlySycho
07-23-2002, 12:10 PM
That's very true, X-Factor. There are fundamental differences between Wrestling and Fighting games, just as there are fundamental differences between Nascar and Football games. But you know what the real @$$kicker is?

:mad:IT IS A FIGHTING GAME!!!:mad: THose bastards took a perfectly excellent wrestling franchise and turned it into a bastardized fighting game! There's none of the finesse or timing that makes a wrestling game distinct. It's just a fighting game that happens to end on a pinfall or submission.

It's Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!
It's Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

[returns to his dark hole]

Snapple
07-24-2002, 04:54 PM
i hate wrestleing and i hate the games cause they have a new damn wrestling game out every ****ing month:rolleyes:

and tkf5000 that guy who made those previews had an exalent idea and some people wanted him to continue:rolleyes:

Integra Man
08-01-2002, 07:26 AM
whom ever says Raw is a good game is on crack. :) worst game ive ever played my whole entire life. i honestly have more fun playing mario on nintendo than playing this stupid game.

Reclaimer
08-04-2002, 12:03 AM
Raw is the worst game to ever grace the world.
The characters walk stupid. The music is wrong with some wrestlers. They couldn't get alot of the wrestlers faces to come close. The AI was stupid. You can knock somebody down with a pair of sunglasses. ARGH!
Limited matches. Limited graphics. No soundtrack mode.
Way too much hype for a bad game.
Where's Booker-T?
Sucka!

y2kash_14
08-04-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by ZGXB
. i honestly have more fun playing mario on nintendo than playing this stupid game.

i don't see whats wrong with playing MArio on Nintendo

Kleen
08-08-2002, 02:55 PM
RAW was bad because it was rushed, big time. OK, not so much rushed, just that Anchor didn't have enough time. They are new to the whole XBOX/Wrestling game thing. As bad as many RAW is, it's still not THAT bad. Actually, I kind of like it, despite itself. I didn't at first, but once you learn everything that's wrong you calm down after a while.

Most people just hyped up the game WAY too much, and when it failed them out came the gargantuan backlash. It's obvious that most of the posts here are fueled by intense anger because you bought into the hype. I, myself, was worried that RAW (and UFC, for that matter) would suck the whole time. C'mon, these these two games had "ha, ha fooled you, again" 17 different release dates, remember? If that doesn't tip you off that a game is gonna suck...

Anyway, with all the stuff that was bad about RAW, it still has a lot of potential. I think RAW2 will be the biggest turn around in sequel history. Most stuff is already in place, and just needs to be fixed. Somethings Anchor obviously didn't have time to implement (climbable ladders), and other just didn't make sense why they were screwed up in the first place:

Example - the wrestlings robot walk. Why would you EVER animate the walking like that? Was it really a stretch to forsee people thinking this walk was stupid? Now Anchor has to waste time doing it all over again

BlindSniper
08-10-2002, 04:48 PM
no its not the best just sum wrestling game lol

lllSmokelll
08-11-2002, 10:29 PM
no the best fighting game...but the best wrestling game!!