PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to kill FYR without losing the quest?

CALzinger
07-17-2002, 09:59 AM
Whever I kill FYR, i always have to restart from a time before i killed him. It says that the quest cannot be completed.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO AVOID THIS FROM HAPENING?

tennyson
07-17-2002, 10:59 AM
I'd guess no. And it's a good thing you posted this, because now I won't bother trying to kill him. I know the game allows you to keep going if you kill one of the key characters, but does that leave the game open-ended forever? I wondr if there's another ending for a character that has killed one of the NPCs relevent to the main story line.

RudedogX
07-17-2002, 11:01 AM
SPOILERS

Fyr can't be killed until after you're cured of Corprus, after that, you'll still get the message, but you really don't need him anyway.

Tkf5000
07-17-2002, 11:04 AM
Cal i told u over aim. try using a demoralize armor spell and break all his armor so it aint equipped. then knock him out witch your fists and take the armor and repair it. if hes like all the other npcs in morrowind he will forget in a few days.

CALzinger
07-17-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
SPOILERS

Fyr can't be killed until after you're cured of Corprus, after that, you'll still get the message, but you really don't need him anyway.

corprus? i dont think i have corprus disease.
what do u mean by this?

SlightlySycho
07-17-2002, 12:00 PM
*SPOILER*

During the Main Quest, Caius will send you to a place called Ilunibi to kill somebody. It's a Dagoth Ur den, and you'll catch Corpus as part of the quest (no way around it). When you return to Caius, he'll tell you to go to Tel Fyr. Divayth will give you a potion that "cures" your Corprus (and makes you immune to all diseases, by the way), after you run a little errand for him.

RudedogX
07-17-2002, 12:06 PM
after all that, then slaughter him!

CALzinger
07-17-2002, 12:20 PM
wheres that ilunibi guy? im guessing in Dagoth Ur????

RudedogX
07-17-2002, 12:25 PM
ilunibi is a cave. Sorry, no guy there, the cave is long, but there's some good stuff there, and you'll come to it when it's time to do it in the main quest.

CALzinger
07-17-2002, 12:39 PM
ok, correct me if im wrong. this is what i understand:

i go to dagoth ur and find a cave called ilunibi. i walk around until i find a guy. i kill him and i find some good stuff. then ill catch some corpus disease from killing him. so i go back to caius in balmora and then he sends me to tel fyr. i go to the corpusarium and heal from that fat dude in the ballow (something liek that, barrow or ballow). then im healed from corpus. then i go upstairs into the hall of fyr and levitate. i can go kill fyr and TAKE ALL HIS STUFF WITH THE GAME STILL IN EFFECT.

is this all correct?

RudedogX
07-17-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger
ok, correct me if im wrong. this is what i understand:

i go to dagoth ur and find a cave called ilunibi. i walk around until i find a guy. i kill him and i find some good stuff. then ill catch some corpus disease from killing him. so i go back to caius in balmora and then he sends me to tel fyr. i go to the corpusarium and heal from that fat dude in the ballow (something liek that, barrow or ballow). then im healed from corpus. then i go upstairs into the hall of fyr and levitate. i can go kill fyr and TAKE ALL HIS STUFF WITH THE GAME STILL IN EFFECT.

is this all correct?

SPOILERS
Sorry, wrong pretty much all the way around. First, Ilunibi is probably your 4th mission on the main quest. It is a cave yes, but it's close to Gnaar Mok. Caius will tell you what you'll need to do before you get there. After you kill who you need to kill, you'll contract corprus (again, no way around this). Stay in there and look behind a few things, you'll find some nice shiny guantlets that'll help you a lot. After that, you do talk to Caius again, but then you have to go talk to Fyr. He'll ask you to get something from the Dwarve in his dungeon before he'll cure you. You bring him the gift from the Dwarve and Fyr will give you potion and you drink it and you're cured. After that, have your way with anyone you want in the Corprusorium.

CALzinger
07-17-2002, 01:17 PM
im confused...oh well

Tkf5000
07-17-2002, 01:21 PM
i thought the fat guy in the corpusarium cured u. then what does te fat guy do. or is the fat guy fyr and the guy upstairs whats his role?

RudedogX
07-17-2002, 01:25 PM
rudedogX just places his face in his hands and shakes his head

No, no, no...the fat guy is the last living Dwarf. Fyr is the guy upstairs with the Daedric Armor. Fyr cures you, but you have to get something from the Dwarf as a favor to Fyr before he'll cure you.

edit Also, if you hurt or kill anyone in the corprusorium before fyr cures you, you're screwed.

Tkf5000
07-17-2002, 01:27 PM
.... that THING is a dwarf?

RudedogX
07-17-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
.... that THING is a dwarf?

yup...only, obviously he's been kept alive via fyr's genius with the mechanical legs and all. If you ever come across a Dwarven Artifact, ask him about it

whistles, and walks off into the sunset

my job is done here...

Tkf5000
07-17-2002, 05:16 PM
did he catch corpus or sumthin?? iguess its just the elder scrolls dwarves and theyre different from the forgotten realm dwarves.