PDA

View Full Version : HALO fix, for those who can't get enough.

SquirrelJam
10-26-2001, 02:00 PM
Hands down, HALO is my number one pick for xbox.

I just found another review. This one's at VooDoo Extreme. They write about Halo's awesomeness along with a little history, a little hands-on (without spoiling anything) and offer up tons-o-screenies. Go get it! (http://www.voodooextreme.com/games/previews/hellohalo/)

scarecrow kfj
10-26-2001, 02:24 PM
That was a great review. Ahhhhh why do we have to wait to the 15th? they should start sending them to us now.. lol

l Maximus l
10-26-2001, 02:53 PM
I have to agree...Halo is probably going to be the best RPG! The fact that it has multi-player capability makes this game even more special! I am buying three games...Halo, Amped, and Project Gotham Racing...I think that will do just fine...Now I have to worry about December's game picks :D

Cool pictures, by the way...you can't have too many

-Max

Xboxmaster2001
10-26-2001, 02:59 PM
this sucks there are way too many good games for xbox i only saw like 3-4 i dont like they were...shrek, some loony toon game, kabuki warriors, and cel damage didnt thrill me much i mean ill rent it but i doubt its a buy for me. but all the other games i want thats way too many but i guess thats good in a way also

sinizuh
10-26-2001, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I have to agree...Halo is probably going to be the best RPG!

what? excuse me? Halo = best RPG? do you even know what the hell Halo is?

why does everyone think Halo is a RPG? i saw some chump on amazon.com say Halo was a RPG.

SciFi
10-26-2001, 03:56 PM
i guess a lot of people confuse it...
since it has you as a character and all...
it's an action...

SquirrelJam
10-26-2001, 04:02 PM
Hey Sinizuh, I'm sure people may be using the "RPG" term, a little loosely.

However, I highly doubt they're meaning it in the "D&D" sense of the term.

Allow me to speculate: Halo is sooo intense and immersive that to some, I'm sure they feel that the term is warranted, as they "play the role" of an elite marine, stranded on an alien artifact, fighting the convenant, to save the planet Earth from utter annihilation.

It's a compliment to the depth of HALO, really.

l Maximus l
10-26-2001, 04:03 PM
I stand corrected...D a m n beer...You are right...Halo is an action shooter. My bad. But, anyway you look at it, it's probably going to be one of XBox's best games. Especially during launch.

Azurik looks like that's going to be one of the best RPGs in my opinion. Kind of like a Zelda on steroids :D

-Max

XBOX Dude
10-26-2001, 04:06 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhh that was a good fix thanks

l Maximus l
10-26-2001, 04:25 PM
I see that I have redeemed myself :D

SquirrelJam
11-02-2001, 11:55 AM
I hate to tear anybody away from XboxAddict.com but I've found another HALO review that some of you may be interested in. It covers weapons and the cool, "warthog" vehicle. They're very careful not to spoil anything, but they do share some new things (by personal experience with them) and they also have lots of screens and a bunch of split-screen multiplayer .avi's.

Go get check it out now!! (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0,10869,2821501,00.html)

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2001/xbox/h/09.jpg

scarecrow kfj
11-02-2001, 12:25 PM
they also have a great list of movies for the xbox there.

Stouffer
11-02-2001, 01:04 PM
Thanx Squirreljam, Halo is the reason im getting an xbox!

l Maximus l
11-02-2001, 03:01 PM
I didn't look at the site only because I like to keep the suspense as high as possible! Man, everyone knows this game is going to be sweet! It's Halo, what can I say?!!