PDA

View Full Version : Can we back-up our Xbox games?

DemonAlcohol
07-17-2002, 01:23 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has sucessfully done a back-up of all thier games? That is, make a copy of the CD that your xbox can read so you don't damage the orginal disk.

If so, how did you do it? Which brand of CD? CDR or CD-RW? And any other information. Thanks

Snoopy7548
07-17-2002, 02:02 PM
yea. there are programs out there that can copy the games. some are at www.megagames.com anyway, u can find some iso's on irc. but you need a modchip to play them. and it would be best to get a dvd burner, so you can burn every game (most games are over 700mb). but check out the channels on irc and megagames. that should give u enough info:)

DrUnKtAnK
07-17-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by DemonAlcohol
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has sucessfully done a back-up of all thier games? That is, make a copy of the CD that your xbox can read so you don't damage the orginal disk.

If so, how did you do it? Which brand of CD? CDR or CD-RW? And any other information. Thanks

I have not dont it yet, but I'm sure someone around here has.

From what I know the games are all on DVD-9 type media. Which I think has a capaicity up to 9 gigs (9000 MB) of data (unlike the 650-700 MB) CDR's or CDRW's.

My point is that you most likely need a DVD-R/RW burner with blank media to star your backups....
***I may be completly off on some of the details, so don't quote me***

Zion
07-17-2002, 02:21 PM
It would be easier and cheaper to just learn to take care of your discs. Don't use them as frisbees or coasters and you'll be fine. No need to copy them.

Snoopy7548
07-17-2002, 02:23 PM
unless he wants to rent games and copy them. lol

Zion
07-17-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
unless he wants to rent games and copy them. lol

No, that would be illegal :eek:

DemonAlcohol
07-17-2002, 02:26 PM
So you need a DVD burner huh? Well that sucks.

And I DO take care of my games. But sometimes sh*t happens and it's a shame to see that game you've payed $50 for destroyed.

Zion
07-17-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by DemonAlcohol
So you need a DVD burner huh? Well that sucks.

And I DO take care of my games. But sometimes sh*t happens and it's a shame to see that game you've payed $50 for destroyed.

Even if you HAD a DVD burner you still couldn't really do it.

If you do manage to break a game somehow, you can normally find used copies without instructions for $20-$25 depending on the game. That's still cheaper than a $300 DVD burner and $10 per blank DVD.

Are you having trouble keeping your games in their cases?

DrUnKtAnK
07-17-2002, 03:16 PM
Someone who might be able to shed some light on this subject would be Shaggy.....Anyone seen him lately?

DemonAlcohol
07-17-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Zion

Even if you HAD a DVD burner you still couldn't really do it.

If you do manage to break a game somehow, you can normally find used copies without instructions for $20-$25 depending on the game. That's still cheaper than a $300 DVD burner and $10 per blank DVD.

Are you having trouble keeping your games in their cases?

Yeah, I guess it would be cheaper to buy a new one then. I didn't know that xbox CD's are really DVDs.

And I won't even dignify that last question with a response.