PDA

View Full Version : Which House faction should I choose?

xboxgamer142
07-18-2002, 03:34 AM
I want to belong to one of the three Great Houses in Morrowind, but I don't really know which one to choose. My character is a Nord warrior, but I'm leaning more towards House Hlalu. I've posted my thoughts on each of the three houses:

House Hlalu: Very powerful and rich, as well as Imperial connections. The people seem very nice. It's main district is in Balmora, my favorite town.

House Redoran: A bit too noble and I hate the Temple stuff in Morrowind. The guards seem a bit annoying. Probably my second choice.

House Telvanni: Strange, strange and strange. I once went to a Telvanni town near Balmora and I entered and people came running at me, trying to kill me. I don't really like their wizardry ways. Where in Morrowind would you sign up anyway?

It would be nice if some of you could post your thoughts on the Houses and say which one you chose and why. As I said, I'm leaning more towards House Hlalu.

By the way, I've seen many people say throughout threads 'my house is in...'. How do you get or build a house? Or do you just take over someone elses house?

Nato King
07-18-2002, 05:25 AM
I don't know but I think you looked in my mine because that was just what I was thinking. I really don't know what house to join I was going to make a thread to ask but I see that you already did that. I also might join the House Hlaalu. I will be checking back to see what people say.:)

Dulacc
07-18-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by xboxgamer142
I want to belong to one of the three Great Houses in Morrowind, but I don't really know which one to choose.

It would be nice if some of you could post your thoughts on the Houses and say which one you chose and why. As I said, I'm leaning more towards House Hlalu.

I joined House Redoran yesterday. It's pretty cool I suppose. This is what I found about the houses:

Hlaalu: Merchants and rich people in general

Redoran: Warriors

Telvanni: Heavy Magic and a cuthroat organization

Redoran's 'favored' skills would lean more towards a Nord Warrior.

Nato King
07-18-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Dulacc

I joined House Redoran yesterday. It's pretty cool I suppose. This is what I found about the houses:

Hlaalu: Merchants and rich people in general

Redoran: Warriors

Telvanni: Heavy Magic and a cuthroat organization

Redoran's 'favored' skills would lean more towards a Nord Warrior.

Hey Dulacc by what you said about the three houses. I have made up my mine to join the Hlaalu house. I feel that I will get more out of that house.:) Thanks man.

ScorpionX
07-18-2002, 10:45 AM
I would join House Hlaalu because thier stronghold is right next to Balmora. All the others are out in the middle of nowhere. Their quests are very easy to do, and it is easy to gain ranks, I became grandmaster in about 2 days. There is a way to join 2 houses though. First join Redoran or Telvanni and then if you kill Orvas Dren at the Dren Plantation, talk to Duke Dren in Ebonhart and he will proclaim you a member of House Hlaalu.

SciFi
07-18-2002, 02:03 PM
Where would one join Telvanni? Where can i find out more about the 3 houses?

Alien
07-18-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by SciFi
Where would one join Telvanni? Where can i find out more about the 3 houses? You can talk to the people in that house about the house they are in. Such as the Hlaalu Council Manor in Balmora is a good place to talk to people about House Hlaalu. Like the Redoran place Under Skar in Ald'ruhn.

SciFi
07-18-2002, 02:26 PM
where cank to soeone from Telvanni though? Where is their manor located?

Alien
07-18-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by SciFi
where cank to soeone from Telvanni though? Where is their manor located? They don't have Manors, they have Wizard Towers. You can talk to them in the towns that are controlled by Telavanni...Sadrith Mora, Tel Branora, etc.

Dulacc
07-19-2002, 12:03 AM
It's kinda cool. I've got my own stronghold. It's basic, but it even has traders and trainers and a spell guy in it.

I'm gonna try the trick to join 2 Houses tonight. I actually did that accidentally when I was building my stronghold for Redoran. But, now that I'm done with Redoran, I might try the trick and join Hlaalu.

Still haven't touched the main quest yet. I'll get to it eventually.

:cool:

xboxgamer142
07-20-2002, 06:00 AM
I think I'll join House Hlaalu. Telvanni are too weird for me, I don't really like the Redorans and I am a Nord warrior, but I'm more of a rich adventurer than a noble warrior. Balmora is my home and I like Suran a lot and both are Hlaalu towns. I don't really like Ald'ruhn. I think most of this thread has made me more confident in joining House Hlaalu.

Dulacc
07-20-2002, 08:29 AM
Right now I'm ranked House Brother in Hlaalu. The jobs you do are alright, I suppose. Be sure you raid the Hlaalu vaults. It's got a full set of Glass armor, along with a lot of gold, diamonds, rubies, emeralds, etc.

Actually, all three houses have a ton of stuff in their vaults. It's a little tricky not getting caught, seeing as the vaults are full of ordinators, but if you have skills, or a chameleon 100 magnitude item, then its a piece of cake, upside down.

jshaudvitis
07-20-2002, 11:24 AM
for redoran do u have to b like "noble" or can u b a mas-murderer and still get in, cuz i just like killin ppl

Dulacc
07-20-2002, 01:31 PM
My character wasn't exactly a mass murderer, so I couldn't tell you. For the most part, if you want to kill and not possibly mess something up, stick to killing guards. If his name is 'guard,' you can be pretty sure he's not a plot character.

The only other people I've killed outright are Ka'Virr the trader and a few of the guards and Dren on Dren plantation.

I've killed Vivec a few times, but never saved it.

I think, though, that as long as you haven't killed anyone in Redoran, or a plot character, and you don't have a death warrant or something, that they'll take you. I didn't have any problem, even though I've stolen a bit from them for the Thieves Guild.

jshaudvitis
07-20-2002, 03:35 PM
but i kill main quest ppl all the time

Tkf5000
07-20-2002, 07:09 PM
you will get expelled from redoran if you attack redoran guards or any redoran ppl (unless they atack u first...:D ). personally i like redoran. i hate telvanii so bad i just want to kil em all and cut down their little tree forts. i dont really mind hlalu but i hear if you join hlalu you can make your stronghold right away without doing a bunch of quests. redorans are fighters. ive only done a few quests and they were all about fighting but ive only done like 2. i will get back on track after i decide to cure myself of vampirism.

Dulacc
07-22-2002, 11:46 PM
Well, I'm the head of both Redoran and Hlaalu. It got a little weird at the end of the Hlaalu quests, though. I couldn't build a Hlaalu stronghold, because Dren wouldn't give me a second permit, or whatever. But, I just did a couple of quests for Dren, and here I am: Grandmaster of Hlaalu.

That's the third guild I've finished. I've started in on the Morag Tong. It's pretty easy. Every quest is essentially the same: kill this guy, kill that guy, etc.

I guess, as far as the Houses are concerned, Redoran was definitely more noble than Hlaalu. Some of the Hlaalu quests were pretty underhanded, political stuff.

Great House Redoran: Archmaster
Thieves Guild: Master Thief
Great House Hlaalu: Grandmaster
Morag Tong: Knower