PDA

View Full Version : My EB has an XBOX Fanboy,

Slacker
07-18-2002, 01:09 PM
I had never visited the EB near me, until last monday, I was thinking I was going to go in and Hear a Million Rumors about how Xbox was going to Blow up, Catch my Wife on fire, and Sterilize My Nuts,

Instead, I walk in and see Two large TV's hanging from the Screen showing Xbox Previews , and spouting Xbox Propaganda which I thought was Cool, then when the Guy answered the phone he said "EB Games your XBOX Source " or soemthing to that affect, I also Noticed that the first Area of Games Near the Front Door (a Key place for Advertising) was the Xbox Games,

While I was there three Xbox's were sold and one gamecube I also heard a guy say , 'Damn I shoulda Bought an Xbox!!!" while watching the promo, I was so overwhelmed by Xbox I was getiing kinda Feaked out, anyway I bought a used copy of Genma Onimushu there, the same day at a Used CD/DVD/Vidoe game store I got Amped for 15 bucks and then went to Wal-mart and got Rallisport Challenge because EB was out,

It was just nice to see the Xbox Promoted in a Frenzy, Maybe EB has something like one week promote Gamecube, the Next PS2,,,,,,what does your EB Support

xboxmaster2002
07-18-2002, 01:33 PM
my EB supports mostly PS2 and one guy xbox so i go there and debate with them its kindof funny because i was there one time and 2 guys almost got in a fist fight fighting about PS2 vs XBOX and the guy that was fighting about ps2 left then the xbox guy did and like 5-10 minutes later the PS2 guy came back and bought an xbox lol that was funny.

Buccaneer21
07-18-2002, 02:38 PM
I have a Gamecrazy by my house and every employer is pro Xbox. They even wear Xbox key necklaces. It's great to talk to them because since they love Xbox and play it, they tell you what is good and bad to rent. I love going there. :cool:

faceoff508
07-18-2002, 02:46 PM
At my EB store only two people now about games, the others just stare at people for hours waiting for them to buy something.

xboxmaster2002
07-18-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
At my EB store only two people now about games, the others just stare at people for hours waiting for them to buy something.

lol how can you not know about games and still work at EB thas messed up.

faceoff508
07-18-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002

lol how can you not know about games and still work at EB thas messed up.

Its true, once I asked him about the game Hunter: The Reckoning and hes like: " Isnt that the samething as Halo for the PS2" and I am like... wtf?

OppiumNitrates
07-18-2002, 03:46 PM
unfortunatly almost every employee of every game store is a PS2 fanboy, only a hand full of Xboxers in the whole mall . . . . 1 guy looked like he was gunna cry when my friend traded in his PS2 for Xbox

BCan
07-19-2002, 02:42 AM
I have an EB not too far from here, and the guys there are very much XBA's. I went there to get an XBOX, and all they could say is how they had wasted so many nights just playing games, and not getting much sleep...

They even also remember who got an XBOX off them and make sure to give you the lowest price matched price for any game you get for the XBOX. They understand that MS has a truckload of cash to throw at the XBOX. They believe the much bigger company, and better console will win.

Remember, MS is no small company, it is one of the largest world wide, Sony had better remember that, instead of taking on relatively a lot smaller Japanese competitors....

DrUnKtAnK
07-19-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
Mine only supports eb..when they awnser their phone they say
"Thanks for calling EB, we now have the most advanced system in stock, the XBox for only $199"
Like robots....scary

9 Days till I get XBox and counting

My local EB says the same thing, execpt the price is $49.00 for an xbox....here's the thread:
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18070