PDA

View Full Version : ~S-Video cable.

cityson
07-18-2002, 02:15 PM
Hey,

The Xbox's S-video cable is on sale right now and I just wana know if that thing can really dispaly better graphics on a TV???? If so, I will buy it for my Halo!!!!

Thanks very much.

Zion
07-18-2002, 02:17 PM
Yes, if you have an S-Video input on your TV then my all means use it!

wweomaniac
07-18-2002, 06:34 PM
I am using an S-Video cable and I really can't notice ANY difference. Perhaps it's because I don't have HDTV, perhaps it's because the difference is so slight. I don't know. I would need two tvs/two xboxs to compare. I don't notice a major difference. Perhaps it is a bit more brighter.

Invalid Name
07-18-2002, 06:42 PM
I am using an S-Video cable and I really can't notice ANY difference. Perhaps it's because I don't have HDTV, perhaps it's because the difference is so slight. I don't know. I would need two tvs/two xboxs to compare. I don't notice a major difference. Perhaps it is a bit more brighter.
What kind of TV and cables do you have?

I noticed a big difference in Halo, the colors are so vibrant and clear.

wweomaniac
07-18-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Invalid Name

What kind of TV and cables do you have?

I noticed a big difference in Halo, the colors are so vibrant and clear. you serious? Well... I'm using a Sony trinitron 32" from four years ago. I'm not quite sure what S-Video cable I have. I bought it off eBay and it didn't come with a box. It's xbox green colour.. I'll show you the website. just let me fidn it.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1361138167
checkout my nice feedback rating :) 95% of that is from selling.

Zion
07-18-2002, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I noticed a pretty big improvement with S-Video, if you have a good TV it should look much better.

wweomaniac
07-18-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Zion
Yeah, I noticed a pretty big improvement with S-Video, if you have a good TV it should look much better. What TV do you use?

Invalid Name
07-18-2002, 08:58 PM
No offense, but yor cables suck. You should have gotten the ones with the yellow lead to. You only have a white, red, and S-vid lead.

Zion
07-18-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
What TV do you use?

I actually have a 46" Zenith that I bought in 1993!! It's old, but it's a darn good TV :p

Zion
07-18-2002, 09:56 PM
No offense, but yor cables suck. You should have gotten the ones with the yellow lead to. You only have a white, red, and S-vid lead.

That's all you need for s-video. The s-video cable is superior to the red/white/yellow that you speak of.

wweomaniac
07-18-2002, 10:01 PM
No offense, but yor cables suck. You should have gotten the ones with the yellow lead to. You only have a white, red, and S-vid lead. LOL... you don't need white. The white's there just incase you bring your xbox over to your friends house and they don't have a S-Video port (or a situation like taht) Mine does it's job. Did you think i was listening to just audio?

Invalid Name
07-18-2002, 11:21 PM
That's all you need for s-video. The s-video cable is superior to the red/white/yellow that you speak of.

My S-Video has the red, white, yellow, AND the S-video lead.

WWE: Oh, I thought that may have been why you haven't seen a difference, since I have that and I have seen a difference.

cityson
07-18-2002, 11:25 PM
So the S-video cable IS good after all......Man, I am gonna get it for sure now! It would run really sweet on my 60" HDTV with Halo. Thanks guys.

Hugh_Jass
07-19-2002, 12:09 PM
Whoa! If you've got an HDTV get an HD AV Pack with component video cables. S-Video is of lesser quality than component.

jschelm
07-19-2002, 03:13 PM
I have the Microsoft Advanced AV pack so that I can put a good S-Video and Optical audio cable on there and it makes a HUGE difference. I didn't realize it because I got so used to the clairty on the S-Video input, but the other night my normal gaming tv was in use so I just grabbed my xbox and my old standard video cable and went into the bedroom to play and I was totally shocked at the difference.

DBXNY
07-19-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by cityson
So the S-video cable IS good after all......Man, I am gonna get it for sure now! It would run really sweet on my 60" HDTV with Halo. Thanks guys.

What are you thinking? Get an HD A/V pack like Hugh said and connect it to one of the DTV component inputs on your TV. Enable the 480p/720p/1080p output from the X-box dashboard (you'll get the option once you connect the HD A/V pack), then Halo will have you sh*t'n your pants!!

Zion
07-19-2002, 10:25 PM

My S-Video has the red, white, yellow, AND the S-video lead.

WWE: Oh, I thought that may have been why you haven't seen a difference, since I have that and I have seen a difference.

You don't NEED the yellow lead for S-video. The yellow lead IS NOT S-video.

Zion
07-19-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by cityson

If you've got HDTV, then get the HD pack and run component cables. S-video can't hold a candle to progressive HD.