PDA

View Full Version : WWF RAW is WAR

big_ryan
10-26-2001, 09:29 PM
I LOVE WHAT I HAVE SEEN AND READ ABOUT WWF RAW IS WAR,BUT THE BACKGROUND IS A LITTLE TO GRAY AND NEEDS TO BE CHANGED COLOR AND BLOOD SHOULD NEVER LEAVE THE MAT.BUT OTHER THAN THAT WWF RAW IS WAR WILL BEAT ANY OTHER GAME ON ANYOTHER SYSTEM INCLUDING SMACKDOWN 3 ON PS2!:confused:

ChodoBoy
10-31-2001, 08:17 PM
This game is going to break the mold for wrestling games. Its just soo realistic and I'm a huge fan of wrestling. Everyone should buy this game. If you smell what the Xbox is cooking.

PS gamecube sux

rawiswar
10-31-2001, 08:51 PM
I have been waiting for this game for almost 1 year now, before it even had a name or a screenshot! I love wrestling and it's games and WWF Raw is going to be the best ever!

mattcoxonline
11-05-2001, 01:45 PM
I dunno, Smackdown 3 has crap graphics and the wrestlers (esp the rock) don't look anything like what they should.....SD2 looks better.....

WWF Raw is War has amazing graphics even though Kurt Angle looks a bit dodgey.....
Raw doesn't have a season mode - I don't know if it has an alternative?!?

WWF Raw has way better graphics than what SD2 and 3 have but its about gameplay.....I dunno if Raw can compete with SD2 (I aint played Raw or SD3!!)

Another question that I have which will remain unanswered but leave your opinion anyway...
- At WWF Survivor Series the whole WWF vs WCW/ECW comes to a close, the winner will be the only fed that survives (hence the name!)
- WWF is most likely to win as WWF will never die.
- All wrestlers from other feds will merge with WWF.
(I say this because in previews for WWF Raw it has Stone Cold and Angle in it - who are now WCW/ECW) And WWF wouldn't make a game with wrong wrestlers in it....and I think Raw has Rhyno and Tazz and Raven too......
- That will be top! People like RVD in Raw, it'll make a great game.......

I hope this all makes sense up to now, I have tried makin it easy....

- Although I say this, about WCW/ECW characters in WWF Raw, they are definately in it even though THQ doesn't have the rights to use WCW and ECW wrestlers in games......

I wanna find out:
- If WCW/ECW characters are in the game... (I know SC and Angle are - but I aint sure bout RVD etc)
- Is there a replacement for the Season mode?
- What matches are availabe (buried alive, hell in a cell, etc.)?
- And more but I can't think of anything else right now....

benz_300sl
11-05-2001, 03:00 PM
What i am pretty sure of, is the guys that will be in the game are the guys who are under contract of the WWF (that includes Austin, Angle, Booker T etc.) but i think the guys that will NOT be in the game are the guys lisenced by Time Warner (Goldberg, Sting etc.)

Thats what i think at least, and it makes sense....:D

Slash10
11-05-2001, 03:16 PM
There are basically no WCW/ECW wrestlers in the game from what I saw from screen shots.
The Rock
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Kurt Angle
Chris Jericho
Kane
Undertaker
Matt Hardy
Jeff Hardy
Spike Duddley
Bubba Ray and Devon Dudley
The Big Show
Triple H
Rikishi

I would expect more guys like Chris Beniot, Edge and Christian, the APA, and others to make the list. There will be over 35 wrestlers in the game. Not sure how up to date the music and videos are but thats how it is. WCW/ECW guys may be hidden or in the game but not confirmed from what i've found/

Xboxmaster2001
11-05-2001, 04:21 PM
i want a realistic WWF gamelike raw not a fake arcade game like SD3 and thats what it comes down to plain and simple

Codemaster211
11-05-2001, 06:14 PM
I want tajiri. If tajiri is in the game I'll buy it :)

I havn't seen any video of the wrestlers bleeding. Has anyone seen them? Does it look real?

And whatever happened to wrestlinggames.com. They used to have the answer to all these questions?

mitchrules1
11-05-2001, 08:11 PM
I want to know all the different types of match types for WWF RAW. I heard that there isn't that much but i stil lthink it wil lblow away smackdown 3 for the Ps2. Thgere is no doubt.

fanofslipknotib
11-05-2001, 10:45 PM
I've seen a pic of bleeding, but it was a couple weeks ago and I forgot where it was at. And, Tajiri IS in the game:)

fanofslipknotib
11-05-2001, 10:50 PM
From what I know, these are in:

One on One
Tag Team
Six Man Tag
Hardcore
4-way
4-way hardcore
Survivor Series
Royal Rumble
King Of the Ring

There might be more, thats what I know.

Rancey
11-05-2001, 11:30 PM
I had a great URL before but I lost it, the game was made before WCW/ECW so it has people like Raven, Rhyno who were in it before...but people like RVD, The Hurricane WONT be in it. But I wouldn't be surprised if with the create a player they make it very easy to make these characters and have things like The Hurricane's cape as an option, etc.

Codemaster211
11-06-2001, 08:36 AM
I heard that the cage match is one of the special matches.

I've got to buy the game now that I know that tajiri is in it.

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 12:24 PM
Has anyone played a demo of this game or is even one available yet? I haven't done a ton of research on this title...but, I'm sure that it's going to be great since it's going to be on the XBox.

Though, I am curious about the maneuverability of the wrestlers...in past wrestling games, it seems to me that the wrestlers were difficult to move...as if I were trying to maneuver a huge semi-truck. I hope they will be able to be very versatile...I think that would make it much better....Does anyone know?

mattcoxonline
11-06-2001, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Though, I am curious about the maneuverability of the wrestlers...in past wrestling games, it seems to me that the wrestlers were difficult to move...as if I were trying to maneuver a huge semi-truck. I hope they will be able to be very versatile...I think that would make it much better....Does anyone know?

I don't!!

Nah, I aint played the game, hell I aint even got my hands on a controller (cos I'm in the UK).....

but I think it will be easier......

And why do you have to put such a big picture in the post....?

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 03:41 PM
lol, MattCox...You gotta like the picture...It reminds me of my college days :D Good times :p