PDA

View Full Version : EGM gave Crazy Taxi a 9!!!

faceoff508
07-18-2002, 05:57 PM
Can you believ this. This is going to be so awsome, After I played the demo I was hooked. I am definatley going to get it. Are any of you getting it?

Invalid Name
07-18-2002, 06:18 PM
No, I dont trust EGM. But I might considerate. I'll just rent. Bottom Line is CT is not online, and I'm focused on online games. So I'll just rent.

Nato King
07-18-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Invalid Name
No, I dont trust EGM. But I might considerate. I'll just rent. Bottom Line is CT is not online, and I'm focused on online games. So I'll just rent.

Like Invalid name said I will have to say that I will rent it first so I can see how it is. I also have played it on the Demo but that's not the real game just a sample.:)

Xbox Owner
07-18-2002, 06:36 PM
Ahh. Well, it's kind of hard to decide. I kind of like the Crazy Taxi games, but they don't have that great of replay value, so i'll probably just rent it.

wweomaniac
07-18-2002, 06:38 PM
I read on another site (not a review) but it said that Crazy Taxi 3 (based on the demo) was sega's biggest mistake ever. I haven't seen many (anY) reviews on this game. When did it come out? When does it come out?

faceoff508
07-18-2002, 06:59 PM
Your wrong, two reviews have said it has a huge reply value. If you get GameNOW they gave it B+ and said huge reply value also EGM said that samething.

wweomaniac
07-18-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Your wrong, two reviews have said it has a huge reply value. If you get GameNOW they gave it B+ and said huge reply value also EGM said that samething. you mean replay... and those are only two reviews. i'm not saying theyre wrong at all, but let's not jump to conclusion based on two reviews. I do't even know what gameNOW is.

faceoff508
07-18-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
you mean replay... and those are only two reviews. i'm not saying theyre wrong at all, but let's not jump to conclusion based on two reviews. I do't even know what gameNOW is.

Its a new magazine.

DZNUTZ
07-18-2002, 08:33 PM
poopschutes.....i wouldn't by that piece of crap ...no way..no how....

its majorily played out and wasn't that fun in the first place
of course...thats just imo.

Tkf5000
07-19-2002, 11:39 AM
crazy taxi was awesome. i used to play it all the time it was fun. it got boring. crzy taxi 2 was crap. i played it one time and i never played it again. i have it. i wouldnt trust egm. they rate liek crap. u shoulda seen hunters rating. the graphics rating was like 2 and i lookesd at some ps2 reviews and these games with crapy graphics had like 5s. they would giv kabuki warriors a ten and give halo a 3 they are so dum.

TZalos
07-19-2002, 03:58 PM
I never even cared to rent CT when it was on the DC, or when it came to PS2, I heard it was just a bad port, this game is *** no matter how you slice it, or modify it, the game is just stupid retarded.. THUMBS DOWN!! I wish it would just go away, gives video games a bad image because its so stupid...

Spaztic
07-19-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
poopschutes.....i wouldn't by that piece of crap ...no way..no how....

its majorily played out and wasn't that fun in the first place
of course...thats just imo.

tru dat! I am not even wasted my time with this piece I have better things to do with my time....like women....or morrowind!

Piccolo_DBz
07-23-2002, 03:42 AM
To bad IGN gave it a low grade :confused:

X-Factor
07-24-2002, 04:53 AM
Crazy Taxi 3 is a LOVE or HATE game; you either love the game or you hate the game (kind of like JSRF)...:D

Piccolo_DBz
07-24-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by X-Factor
Crazy Taxi 3 is a LOVE or HATE game; you either love the game or you hate the game (kind of like JSRF)...:D

Isn't it with every game? You love or hate it...

Woocifer
07-24-2002, 11:51 PM
Crazy Taxi 3 is the worst of the bunch...I can't stand it...and EGM are a bunch of self reicheous fools who worship the ground that Nintendo walks on.

They claimed the best showing at E3 was Nintendo because they had Metriod, Mario Sunshine and that horrible excuse for a Zelda game.

3 games....Ps2 had like 150 and Xbox was up around that too...both Sony and Microsoft had online plans in the works and up and coming games for it...plus the addition of things like that HUGE ASS controller for that mech game, and future line ups that have a rediculous amount of following from their previous incarnations.

Yet EGM gives Nintendo the thumbs up and then puts a 20 page insert about those 3 games...They claimed Sonys titles were lack lustre or repeats in sequels...what are those three Nintendo has? Oh those are the 3 SAME FRIGGIN GAMES THEY HAVE EVERY SYSTEM.... what is the difference?

EGM is a horrible magazine.

I don't hate the gamecube...though I think its hurtin for more games...but EGM is just rediculous.

Tkf5000
07-25-2002, 06:57 PM
I saw it too. it got a a- and microsoft and sony got a b. i gotta admit i think sony actually hd a better show than nintendo. and i tohugth xbox was better overall, all sorts of origional games (like blinx and steel battalion) and our online service didnt lag up like sony. and nintendo hardly di anything with their online plan. maybe with gamcube u can hook it to game boy but do what? why play a crappy game when u can play the gamcube?? and dremcast had a thing hwere u could connect a vmu and download mini-games. i just dont understand egm they are so dumb!

shrew king
07-25-2002, 08:03 PM
A little off topic here, but Serg_W... is yur cat pic supposed to be a real joke? Dont take this the wrong way, I think its just so stupid though, like a babies attempt at a joke? NO problem with you, i was just wondering why the hell that sig is there, dont take it like i dont like u or anything though.:)

Tkf5000
07-25-2002, 08:06 PM
well its a free country. if he likes funny cat pictures he can have funny cat pictures.:)

shrew king
07-25-2002, 08:16 PM
lol, i agree, all except for the part about it being funny.:)

Tkf5000
07-25-2002, 08:19 PM
i meant funny like weird. not funny like haha funny.

Duke
07-28-2002, 12:02 PM
I really didn't find the demo entertaining at all. Never played the crazy taxi games, but the demo reminded me of Simpsons Road Rage. Not even my love of the Simpsons could make me see that as anything else but a waste of a lot of money that would be better spent developing good games.

Just my opinon, Obviously there is a market for games like this, it's just not me.

dronezero
07-31-2002, 08:46 PM
If you like the CT games this is the deffinitive piece of the series. It includes not only the two older cities (small apple and the original arcade) with expanded areas but a gigantic new city which is presumably Las Vegas.

I was a big fan of the first CT a played it for hours, and even though it is not multiplayer it was still fun to bust out at a party.