PDA

View Full Version : Buying the system?

deaccat
10-26-2001, 11:14 PM
I know this is something I should know by now, but does anyone know if you are able to pre-order the system anywhere without being forced to get three games? Or does anyone know if on the release date there will be systems available that have not been pre-ordered. I have been searching all over and see you have to buy these games and this other stuff that I am not interested in, I want the system and the games I want not spend an additional $150 on games I don't want. If anything I would like to choose three games I want, not ones selected or have a choice of games I don't want. If anyone can help me or has information that can be useful I will be very grateful.

Xbox M.D.
10-27-2001, 12:23 AM
Check out your local CompUSA store and you can customize your own bundle...:)

Rancey
10-27-2001, 03:30 AM
Camp :)

Xboxmaster2001
10-27-2001, 10:14 AM
yup camp is right thats what im doing

l Maximus l
10-27-2001, 02:39 PM
I'm getting my camping necessities right now...I plan on pitching it up at a Fred Meyer so I can get into the Home Electronics department.

One thing that really blows is that I actually work there...however, I have to be a customer to actually buy the system! Oh well...

I plan on bringing a cooler of beer...but, I wonder where I will urinate? Perhaps I can find a bundle of PS2 and GameCube posters to relax myself on ;)

I was thinking about starting to smoke...this one day of waiting will give me something to do...it could be a long rainy night in Seattle. :D Ahhhh...but, well worth the effort and lung cancer :D jk...

-Max

NeoGT
10-27-2001, 09:13 PM
gamingedge.com

Pimpn419
10-28-2001, 11:31 AM
Best Buy seems to be selling the systems by themselves... you might have to reserve some games though. All the stores around here let you pick the 3 games you want, I don't know why the stores you visited told you differently.

-Matt

Supperdog
10-29-2001, 04:31 PM
www.xboxordering.com :D

l Maximus l
10-29-2001, 04:51 PM
Supperdog...the link doesn't work. Just so you know.

-Max

Supperdog
10-29-2001, 05:07 PM
hehe i know...i almost got duped into that site :o i feel so foolish now...

generanxbox
10-29-2001, 05:14 PM
I preordered the XBOX @ electronics boutque.

l Maximus l
10-29-2001, 05:40 PM
Supperdog...dude! Check out this site: www.FreeXBoxForSupperdog.com ...you won't believe your eyes!

-Max

Supperdog
10-30-2001, 04:47 PM
god **** you had me going for a second there :mad:

;)

CharlesDD2
10-31-2001, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by deaccat
I know this is something I should know by now, but does anyone know if you are able to pre-order the system anywhere without being forced to get three games? Or does anyone know if on the release date there will be systems available that have not been pre-ordered. I have been searching all over and see you have to buy these games and this other stuff that I am not interested in, I want the system and the games I want not spend an additional $150 on games I don't want. If anything I would like to choose three games I want, not ones selected or have a choice of games I don't want. If anyone can help me or has information that can be useful I will be very grateful.

Well there are some sites from where you can order an x-box, just the x-box and nothing but the x-box. Now they will come with a game though, there's just nothing you can do about that. If you still don't want to purcahse a system with a game of not your choosing, then well you're left with campin' out. All in all good luck.

X-Box1 (http://www.online-shopping-4all.com/xbox.htm)

X-Box2 (http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=2257680&style=games&cart=112189419)

Beyond those links, check amazon (http://www.amazon.com)