PDA

View Full Version : Enclave only got 5.8/10 in OXM...

thebruce
07-19-2002, 09:00 AM
hmm... might not pick it up unless everyone else rates it highly!

Dre
07-19-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by thebruce
hmm... might not pick it up unless everyone else rates it highly!

OXM sucks at reviews.. they seem to have their minds made up on a score before the game is even released. Very fanboyish mag. I'm glad I subscribed for the discs, but frankly I find the mag lacking in many aspects.

Spaztic
07-19-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Dre

OXM sucks at reviews.. they seem to have their minds made up on a score before the game is even released. Very fanboyish mag. I'm glad I subscribed for the discs, but frankly I find the mag lacking in many aspects.

I kinda felt the same as Dre, OXM kinda has the scores made up before they play the game. I also feel they add alot of personal bias to the scores!

faceoff508
07-19-2002, 09:22 AM
I know, they rated games lower than Kuibi (sp) Warriors. It got a 5.9 and like 7 games got below that. The worst game in there opinion is Asuirik (sp)

khaos2005
07-19-2002, 02:09 PM
And Azurik was a damn good game.

DrUnKtAnK
07-19-2002, 03:56 PM
I really don't look at OXM's review numbers, it does seem that they rate them way before they actually play the full version....

I don't about you all, but I will rate it myself when I rent it and then make a decision from there.....

Evil_Dr_Beefy
07-19-2002, 04:04 PM
Mmm..this is bad...i had my eye on enclave for a while now. Still i'm going to see how the other review sites say..before i go one way or the other...i think a rental would be in order...before any judgement is cast..... Sorry dude, Azurik....did suck

lllSmokelll
07-19-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by khaos2005
not damn good...but it deserved way higher than a 3.7.... :( i didnt get my copy yet :(

DBXNY
07-19-2002, 05:49 PM
I thought the 5.8 rating was from OXM only in the UK? Or is this the US OXM?

PROUDXBOXOWNER
07-19-2002, 06:06 PM
a ps2 fanboyish mag called game informer from the peeps at gamers.com gave ita 7.9 which is pretty respectable.

thebruce
07-19-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by DBXNY
I thought the 5.8 rating was from OXM only in the UK? Or is this the US OXM?

Well Im in the UK... so yes, that is from the UK OXM... what did the US version give it?

Brevity
07-19-2002, 06:54 PM
Do you know what Demo's R going to be on this month OXM.

Afro Aura
07-19-2002, 07:39 PM
sorry guys but I think that rating is about right, sure the game is gorgeous graphically, it just doesn't cut it in the playing area all you do it go around and slash people up or use long distance weapons to take them down and going around looking for treasure with is a bit annoying, I'm not quite sure if you get all the treasure you'll release another character or you can use the character who works with you in the missons I'll see when I play some more, but in all honestly it's just a Max Payne in old'en times

I'll stick with Gunmetal it's beautiful and a lot more fun to play, in saying that though I've only just started playing Enclave it may get better, I just hope sol

sinizuh
07-20-2002, 12:21 AM

says you :rolleyes:

Caliadar
07-20-2002, 12:39 AM
Heres another review (http://www.planetxbox.com/features/reviews/2002/enclave/) which isnt too positive. Gamespy is pretty good for their reviews too.

Xengamers gave it a 65% as well.

As to you folks knocking them for reviewing a game that isnt out, they got review copies sent out early for the exact purpose of getting reviews out before release. Only problem is that it backfired as everyone is saying the game sucks.

wheatus-frog-uk
07-20-2002, 12:41 PM
Hey,

I would just like to recommend renting this game to anybody....

The reviews are saying this game is bad... and so are a few people that have bought it, but i know for one that i really enjoy playing this game....

thanks

dan

Tinny
07-20-2002, 12:58 PM
It's a matter of taste. Enclave is actually quite a good game (7.8 by my books - 6.0 being average) but it is true that the combat aspect is a let down. The enemies are a let down and you have to get use to the controls... really use to them. However as you progress through the game and gather/save more characters and get more gold (you have to replay certain missions to gather more gold) and buy more equipment you get the general idea of this game. The bosses are pretty damn big but not impossible to beat unlike a group of Orc Berserkers charging at you.
If you need a game to last you, but you don't mind it being very long and slightly tedious then Enclave is a good game to buy. If you enjoy the mythic gothic themes it holds like a fantasy RPG then so much the better. It's fun only to a certain degree (not as fun as say Circus Maximus which is very very damn fun) and you do get little satisfying moments and intense combat (due more to the number of enemies you gotta kill) moments. It's like Hunter: The Reckoning kinda, and that got a 6.7/10 in OXM. OXM gave Enclave such an average mark because of it's irritations. Personally I don't feel it deserves such a harsh mark, though I am willing to agree sometimes when I have to restart an entire level again.

faceoff508
07-20-2002, 01:03 PM
The Lowdown: An entertaining hack-and-slash romp. Nothing groundbreaking, but fun nonetheless.
Pros: Great playable characters; crisp graphics; stellar sound.
Cons: Camera and controls are stiff; graphical flaws that spoil the game’s credibility.

y2kash_14
07-21-2002, 04:40 AM

http://www.bobs.net/movie/AustinPowers/AustinJPEG/dr_evil.jpg ......................RRIIIIIIGGGGHHHTT

DBXNY
07-21-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Tinny
...It's like Hunter: The Reckoning kinda, and that got a 6.7/10 in OXM. OXM gave Enclave such an average mark because of it's irritations...

This is why I'm holding judgement until more definitive US reviews come out. Hunter: The Reckoning got 8.9/10.0 in the US OXM. Enclave may actually be fared better here in the US than in the UK.

khaos2005
07-21-2002, 09:59 AM
Azurik was a good game. There's a few other well known people on this board that love it, and they would back me up. I bet half of you that say it wasn't, never played it, and are just going by the mostly poor reviews. If you played it for more than an hour, it was actually quite fun.

Marc
07-21-2002, 10:30 AM
I played Azurik. I watched my wife play Azurik. It sucked harder than a shop vac.

bbchs_trash
07-21-2002, 12:14 PM
Nice job on staeling those pros and cons there FaceOff. We both know where you got them from...

And as for Morrowind and Azurik:

Morrowind, a supreme RPG with a somewhat lacking battle system. Incredible graphics for the size of the maps, completely outdoes any other game, yes including HALO. A framerate that is somewhat sluggy through minor points in the game... Some spots where you can get stuck and never get out, but besides these minor erros, Morrowind is indeed INCREDIBLE.

Azurik was nothing short of crap. I bought the game as a lot of people said it was great. And indeed I was dissapointed. Repeated enemies and collecting diamonds just isn't my thing. I popped in once 2 months ago and it has never touched the disc tray again after those 2 hours of play. Too bad, I wanted it to be good...

Morrowind= 9.7

Azurik= 6.3

Yes, decent score for Azurik but it wasn't the best, and it wasn't the worst. Next game I am picking up is Kubaki Warriors, just to add the game to my collection... $8.00 you can't beat it...

Supperdog
07-29-2002, 04:17 PM
awww shiot im gonna buy it anyway, rarely have i ever agreed wholeheartedly with a review, so f*ck them all