PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Levels

Dulacc
07-19-2002, 10:13 AM
When I first saw how gaining levels was done in this game, I was a little worried. I was thinking, 'What happens when all your major and minor skills are at 100? Wouldn't that mean no more gaining levels?' The thought that I might reach a level ceiling had me calculating just how much leveling I could squeeze out of my character, even making me select those major/minor skills around that thought process.

However, I am happy to report that you can gain levels even after your major/minor skills are maxed out.

You can train(with master trainers) your maxed out skills even if they are 100. While it doesn't increase over 100, it does count towards leveling up.

This what I did: I had a 94 in light armor, a minor skill. I was able to train 10 times in light armor and gain a level. Note: I didn't get any multiplier for agility, even though I should have gotten a x3 one. Maybe doing this negates that multiplier.

Questions?

Alien
07-19-2002, 10:39 AM
You can't train the skills higher than the level their Governing Attribute is. It would be impossible for you to have say a Light Armor rating of 100 and Agility level of only 93. That would never happen. Once you max out all of them, all of your Governing Attributes are also maxed out. Say, once your Light Armor is at 100, your Agility has to be at 100 also. The Governing Attribute has to match or be greater than the skill it governs.

Dulacc
07-19-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Alien
You can't train the skills higher than the level their Governing Attribute is. It would be impossible for you to have say a Light Armor rating of 100 and Agility level of only 93. That would never happen. Once you max out all of them, all of your Governing Attributes are also maxed out. Say, once your Light Armor is at 100, your Agility has to be at 100 also. The Governing Attribute has to match or be greater than the skill it governs.

I never said it didn't have to be that. I'm not saying I gave myself over 100 light armor. I'm saying that you can continue to train in it to get points towards leveling up. The skill doesn't improve, you just get one point closer to leveling up.

By the way, you can use enchanted items to bump up your attributes so you can train more too. So, if you have a 93 base agility, you can make an enchanted ring or whatever to boost your agility over 100, letting you train more.

Alien
07-19-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Dulacc

By the way, you can use enchanted items to bump up your attributes so you can train more too. So, if you have a 93 base agility, you can make an enchanted ring or whatever to boost your agility over 100, letting you train more. Yeah, I know. Fortify Attribute potions or spells. Work well. I don't use them though, I don't really use Magicka that much.

Dulacc
07-19-2002, 02:16 PM
I think I've cast maybe 1 spell that wasn't on an enchanted item. It's just easier to make enchanted items to use spells. No magic skills required.