PDA

View Full Version : Halo National Championship Begins

DrUnKtAnK
07-19-2002, 01:46 PM
Halo National Championship Begins
07.19.2002 @ 02:25 PM

Competition Evolved: Halo National Championship Registration Begins Today
http://www.fantasynascarleague.com/images/avatars/halo_logo.gif
Microsoft Game Studios today announced the Halo National Championship in conjunction with iGames and Electronics Boutique. Halo players nationwide can stop trying to make Warthogs fly and start winning some serious prizes. Prizes at stake include an RCA 50-inch plasma flat screen television, Bose Lifestyle 35 surround sound audio systems, Xbox video game systems, controllers, and stacks of Xbox games.

The initial qualifying rounds will take place at iGames centers nationwide on August 10 and 11, 2002. Regional qualifying rounds will be on August 17, 2002 at 16 select iGames centers. The finals will be held on August 30, 2002 on the Microsoft campus in Redmond, WA.

To participate, gamers must register online in advance at http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/promos/halotournament Once successfully registered, players will be emailed the date and time they've been assigned to compete at the designated iGames center in their area.

Plewis
07-19-2002, 03:04 PM
Poop! Nothing in NC! I am the best! Bwahahahahaha. I shall play in Virginia!

:( ;)

Dr X
07-19-2002, 03:20 PM
I have heared that you have to be 18 or over to get in to the championship.
Is this true ?.

pimpineezhoes
07-19-2002, 03:33 PM
Who the ehck is throwing this thing, the rednecks of America? WHy are there not a lot of Major cities??? No New York City, No Los Angeles. They have a Chicago location. Not one in OHIO??? CLeveland, COlumbus and CIncinatti???? this tourney sucks! There is a place in Duluth Minnesota! DULUTH!!! WHo the hell lives in DULUTH????

Shorezy
07-19-2002, 03:36 PM
Ya that's wierd......TO BAD IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO CANADA!:)

Spaztic
07-19-2002, 03:47 PM
not in kc either....

DrUnKtAnK
07-19-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by pimpineezhoes
Who the ehck is throwing this thing, the rednecks of America? WHy are there not a lot of Major cities??? No New York City, No Los Angeles. They have a Chicago location. Not one in OHIO??? CLeveland, COlumbus and CIncinatti???? this tourney sucks! There is a place in Duluth Minnesota! DULUTH!!! WHo the hell lives in DULUTH????

I know, I'm in Cincinnati and think I saw a location in Louisville, KY if not Indianapolis is the closet.....:(

DrUnKtAnK
07-19-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Dr X
I have heared that you have to be 18 or over to get in to the championship.
Is this true ?.

"....ELIGIBILTY

This Tournament is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees, and members of their immediate family (defined for purposes of these rules as husband, wife, mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter or other persons residing in the household of such employees), of Microsoft Corporation, GMR Marketing Inc., iGames, Electronics Boutique, prize sponsors, their subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and any person working on the product, project or promotion and others providing services to Microsoft in connection with this Tournament are not eligible...."

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/promos/halotournament/halo_pop.asp

Skarp
07-19-2002, 05:08 PM
I live in Los Angeles during the summer where there are around 6 locations. But on August 11th, I go back to school in North Carolina where they don't have 1 place to go!! No South Carolina either! How lame.

I guess roadtrip to Virginia.

Skarp
07-19-2002, 05:16 PM
The websites say August 10, 11. If that is true it will be right in the middle of my trip. Great...