PDA

View Full Version : Just Played Fuzion Frenzy: Mini Review

maneatingcow
10-27-2001, 11:43 AM
I only had 15 minutes to play (My local EB World put it in, God bless em') But here's my first impression:

I choose tourniment mode which allows you to choose a set number of games for each city. Then I choose one of the five characters, Zak, and chose the difficulty setting, Medium.

The first game was to move around on a rotating circle and grab these floating tokens to gain points. The problem was, as time elapsed, the floor dropped out piece by piece! Fun game, but difficult to get the hang of. I got in 3rd place.

The second game was a bug smashing game that takes place in a subway(?) station. The object was to hit as many bugs with the hammer before time ran out. The difficulty was avoiding the trains that came from the sides. Fun game, but I got 1st place by button mashing :D Was the best technique for the game.

The third game was a duck and jump game up a spiral staircase (minus stairs). The objective was to duck or jump over the pipes. Your timing for the actions has to be allmost perfect to survive. As the time progresses, the pipes come more frequently and the game seems to speed up. I was the first one out :( Extremely difficult level. That was the last level I played, then I left.

Control: Simple button actions change deopending on the match type. Choice of analog or digital pad was a nice touch.

Graphics: Smooth, Crip, Clean, NO JAGGIES (!), never slowed down, fluid animation.

Fun Factor: Ok for single player, but I would have rather had someone else playing that I could have trash talked (or could have trash talked me)

Verdict: Fun for multiplayer, but may become a little stale for single player fun.

P.S. - There was a demo option on the main menu. When selected, it showed a menu similar to the XBox demo with Oddworld, but it only had 3 movies. NFL Feaver 2002, Project Gotham, and some other movie. Can't relly remember. Sorry :(

Jason1010
10-28-2001, 07:36 PM
was the controller strange and hard to use or really easy and comfortable???

maneatingcow
10-28-2001, 09:27 PM
It wasn't that bad at all. It used the face buttons mainly, but I think that some of the control options would have fit better on the L/R buttons

l Maximus l
10-29-2001, 02:23 PM
I held an XBox controller for the first time yesterday...it was like a peice of Heaven in my hands. I think they must have been molded for my hands...I think the controllers are PERFECT!

-Max :D

Satch
10-29-2001, 09:50 PM
me to. xbox controller is perfect. anybody who says it is to big must have some small ass hands. they must be like 10 years old or sumthing. i also played fusion frenzy. its probably my least anticipated game for xbox, and it still was pretty cool! like the review above said, it would only be real, real fun with 2 - 4 players.