PDA

View Full Version : This EA Petition is not going to do Jack Shmit.

wweomaniac
07-19-2002, 07:22 PM
It's not going to work. I've seen this sorta stuff happen before. I'm not sure what site this petition is on, but I've seen some other ones on petition sites also. Some go up to like 10 000 signatures and nothing happens. One example is with a peition that Diablo II fans made when Blizzard came out with a horrible patch which was unadvantageous to all the stats and totally transformed the game. I never liked that game to begin with.

it's not going to work. You guys really think EA, a big ass company, is going to spend millions of dollars just because a few gamers are mad that they aren't getting good games from them? Why don't we send a peition to the makers of kabuki Warriors and tell them to make a better kabuki Warriors? It's EA's choice to decide what games they'll publish. Perhaps they don't believe it's a good strategy to make games for a system they feel isn't going to perform in the market.

Who here actually thinks it's gonna happen? not me.

Casper
07-19-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
They Dont Work...I know
I started a save family guy (a cartoon on fox) petition and we got a half a million+ people to sign it and it didnt work..havent seen the show on lately.

:( :( :( :(

Alone, I will have to tell you that I totally loved that show....and me, along with a few of my boys, signed that dam thing too....oh well...at least I can hope that they will come out with the season's on DVD, like they have in Europe. :mad:

But as far as the topic goes, no, I really don't think that it'll work. But I will do my own boycott, so that's enough for my pleasure....fuk em, if they want to be like that....it's all good, there's always other developers. :rolleyes:

Mercury
07-19-2002, 09:56 PM
It won't work. For those of you who sign that ridiculous petition, think for a moment will you.

PS2 has 30 million systems sold. Xbox has 3.9 million.

If they feel that it would be waste of money and time for their company to spend more time on the xbox then they are very smart not to do that.

Besides, we are getting a whole load of their games. And the ones we are getting are as good OR BETTER than the ones released on the PS2. I think NHL2002 plays a lot better on the box than on PS2.

wweomaniac
07-19-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Mercury
It won't work. For those of you who sign that ridiculous petition, think for a moment will you.

PS2 has 30 million systems sold. Xbox has 3.9 million.

If they feel that it would be waste of money and time for their company to spend more time on the xbox then they are very smart not to do that.

Besides, we are getting a whole load of their games. And the ones we are getting are as good OR BETTER than the ones released on the PS2. I think NHL2002 plays a lot better on the box than on PS2.
I would like to see Madden have Live capabilities.. but that's too bad and I'm not going to nag. Because Madden doesn't have Live I'm simply just not buying it,... not going to nag. I'll buy NFL 2k3.

That's right.. XBOX=3.9 units sold... PS2=37 units. No one is really sure about GameCube sales. I hear 12 million then 4 million.. doesn't make sense. Of couse EA won't invest money into XBOX.

All EA games that come out for consoles suck anyway. With the exception to NHL 200* series, SSX series, madden (until 2003 :(), Medal of Honor. I could care less that 007 sucked.

At least we're getting Medal of Honor. that's a really cool game.. Allied Assault or Frontline.

Marc
07-19-2002, 11:22 PM
I signed the petition, but I just found out that I'm getting NCAA 2003 for my birthday and I'm not too sad about it. So much for my boycott...

DBXNY
07-20-2002, 12:14 AM
wweomaniac,

You're right in that it probably won't work. But that doesn't mean folks shouldn't at least try. Nothing wrong with that.

Not very often, but sometimes petitions to companies actually work. One of the reasons George Lucas changed his mind and released "The Phantom Menace" on DVD was because of a large petitions. "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" DVD was originally only planned for a Full Screen DVD release. However, because of a petition, WB actually went back, created and released a Special Widescreen Edition. The same thing with the "Cats & Dogs" DVD. Also, if it wasn't for a recent petition, all Blockbuster Video stores would only be carrying DVDs that are released in Full Screen Pan & Scan.

Who knows. The EA one, although it may sound silly at the moment, may actually be one of the few that surprisingly makes an impact.

sinizuh
07-20-2002, 12:17 AM
I started a save family guy (a cartoon on fox) petition and we got a half a million+ people to sign it

sure you did :rolleyes:

big company don't care what you people have to say... you want to be heard? DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS!

Highlite23
07-20-2002, 02:23 AM
sinizuh took the words right out of my mouth, yes i signed it just to show my support, but i know that the only "TRUE" way to fire a shot back is to not buy EA games. I started my boycot a while ago, and i hope that others follow through with there own.

Words are one thing, actually taking action is another.

EA, if your not going to support my system, and offer no acceptable reason, why should i support you.;)

Bakeman
07-20-2002, 02:51 AM
Family Guy was an AWSOME SHOW!!!

"Hey Brian, what's wrong with your leg, OMG That's not your leg!"

LOL

wweomaniac
07-20-2002, 11:08 AM

Ok not a half million people...my numbers were wrong...i thought a half million was 50,000...we got almost 100,000

if ya dont believe me here is the link
Family Guy Petiton (http://www.petitiononline.com/savefg2/petition.html) And there is your proof :) :p

I hate to say I told you so.

Casper
07-20-2002, 11:15 AM
Well, I said I am gonna boycott them, but what about SSX Tricky? I am still hooked on that game. Are they coming out with another one? And if they are, well, then I'll have to trade or something, so I don't actually invest any $$ into them, but I have to own that game :D

dougi3000
07-20-2002, 11:56 AM
there was a news article a few months back saying that no game companies or any other companies knows about petition online, and for people that know about it, they dont deem it as a valid petition.

If you want to complain or whatever, do it directly at the source. Emails, letters, phone calls, knocking on the company door.

wweomaniac
07-20-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by dougi3000
If you want to complain or whatever, do it directly at the source. Emails, letters, phone calls, knocking on the company door. Precisely. take the arguement to them. let them know that there is a market that wants their games.

DBXNY
07-20-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
Precisely. take the arguement to them. let them know that there is a market that wants their games.

And exactly what do you think happens to petitions? Of course someone has to deliver it to the company in some way in the end.

You guys are being way too negative. In fact, don't you realize that all your negative posts essentially take part in the petition anyway by telling any EA representative that may be scoping the net that there are quite a bit of folks that don't care? Thus, then they won't care. (Yes, this really does happen).

Another example of an online petition that worked was with Mitsubishi regarding their TV sets. Mitsubishi, as well as other TV manufacturers, are known for shipping their HDTV sets with "red push", where the color red is overemphasized. This makes the sets "appear" more appealing to the Joe-six-pack in the store showrooms, but once at home, makes it impossible to properly calibrate the TV sets picture (i.e., you cannot get the colors completely accurate). Before 2001, however, they had a setting within the service menu of the sets that a technician (or the owner if they so dared to) could adjust the color decoder so that none of the colors were overemphasized - making the picture pretty much perfect. In 2002 models, they eliminated this feature. Many folks at a site called "hometheaterspot.com" formed a letter and an online petition that got sent to Mitsubishi requesting them to re-enable the setting features within the service menu. Guess what? Mitsubishi did initially decline. But the forum members kept making negative posts in the forums about the issue and Mitsubishis decision. Mitsubishi reps actually had already begun monitoring the site and seeing the posts. Eventually they gave in and the newer model sets coming out this year will now allow direct adjustment for elimination of the "red push" problem.

You guys are wrong, petitions to companies can work. Many of this nature may fall through, but definitely not all of them.

dougi3000
07-20-2002, 03:52 PM
well then, I dont think any of the petitions on petitionsonline are ever sent to anyone anywhere.
So it is totally useless to put it on there.

LynxFX
07-20-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by dougi3000
well then, I dont think any of the petitions on petitionsonline are ever sent to anyone anywhere.
So it is totally useless to put it on there.

Why do you think alot of them don't work? Because of just that. But there are plenty that do eventually get printed out and handed directly to the respected companies, like the one DBXNY mentioned. (which I signed btw)

Take this petition to Warner Brothers. Cats & Dogs Widescreen (http://www.petitiononline.com/catdogdv/petition.html)
It had just over 3,000 signatures and was printed out to WB and low and behold they caved and released the movie in Widescreeen on DVD. But it had alot of help from a previous petition to get Willy Wonka in widescreen. This became reality because of the petition and because it was printed out and delivered to WB.

The same is true of the Blockbuster petition to start carrying widescreen titles when both a full screen and widescreen is available. This petition worked. (http://www.petitiononline.com/widedvd/petition.html)

Does this mean they all work? Of course not. A lot of times there are reasons behind their madness or they just can't comply. But the owner of the petition has to print it out and deliver. Heck do it multiple times. Send a copy every single week until you get a response. It does work.