PDA

View Full Version : Damn Capcom

faceoff508
07-19-2002, 07:24 PM
Capcom is one of the greatest developers that was ever created. It has great games and they have their own franshise. But what reallt ****es me off is that we only get two games from them. One in each year. I am talking about Steel Batalion(sp) this game might be good, but Capcom will lose millions of dollars on the project. You know why? Because of the 150 dollar controller. I will bet you that this game will only be bought by 60,000 people. Why couldnt we just get a simple RPG(like PS2's Devil May Cry 1 and 2), or a third person shooter (Gamecube's Resident Evil Series) or just a game like Maximo (PS2). The Xbox gets a mech game. This is a new thing for Capcom, but dont we already have like 10 Mech Games coming out for the Xbox. And this will be liked by reviews (thats what I think) but will not sell that money copies and lose money. This is the only game we get from Capcom (if you dont count ports, but its still only 1 port) And I mean why spent money on this project when you know its gonna flop in the money department. Millions of doolars will be lost on this game. Why? Because of its big ass controller. I just wanted a simple game that will be known for the Xbox like Devil may Cry for the PS2, or Resident Evil for the Gamcube. I just hope they cancel their second Steel Batalion project after they hear the sales of the first one (it will be very dissapointing). I hope then they make a simple game that will be one of Xboxes great titles.

Azazel
07-19-2002, 07:41 PM
Dont forget Marvel VS. Capcom 2!!!

faceoff508
07-19-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Azazel
Dont forget Marvel VS. Capcom 2!!!

I said not including ports. All platforms are getting that game. Isnt that right?

sinizuh
07-20-2002, 12:22 AM
except gamecube. they got capcom vs snk 2. but Marvel vs Capcom 2 is much better ;)

Highlite23
07-20-2002, 02:14 AM
Well, i'm not a fortune teller and my crystal ball is on the fritz, but Capcom did say they were planning on working with other developers to incorporate the controller into more than just Steel Batalion. I think, although i'm not sure how this is gonna work, Steel Batalion will be a heavy rental, if you get hooked and the game is that good, you'll go drop your $150.

faceoff508
07-20-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by highlite23
Well, i'm not a fortune teller and my crystal ball is on the fritz, but Capcom did say they were planning on working with other developers to incorporate the controller into more than just Steel Batalion. I think, although i'm not sure how this is gonna work, Steel Batalion will be a heavy rental, if you get hooked and the game is that good, you'll go drop your $150.

Bu still, what they are doing is a huge risk to thei economy. Lots of money will be lost!

Highlite23
07-20-2002, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508

Bu still, what they are doing is a huge risk to thei economy. Lots of money will be lost!

I agree it is a risk, but we will just have to wait and see.

Snapple
07-20-2002, 12:23 PM
mech assult looks good and all but i agree that big ass controller with like 50 buttons will not make this a very popular game due to the money of that controller:rolleyes:

ill get lost in that damn controller,trying to press the little tinny tiny button for machine gun but press the big ass rocket launcher button(dont go thinking that thats true im just saying that cause the controller is hug)theres so many buttons on there i dont want to even think about it:eek:

Evil_Dr_Beefy
07-20-2002, 02:11 PM
Mmm..i have been in love with Tekki (steel Battalion) from the first movie on...This is the hardcore mech sim..i have allways dreamt about.i don't think it's that pricey...you would pay about $ 100 for an top of the line joystick anyway, and $50 bucks for the game. Besides, my girlfriend said if i'm a good boy..she will buy it for me for Christmas:D

Gerald
07-20-2002, 08:52 PM
Nintendo bought the rights to Resident Evil right?

I think that series is going downhill anyway.

y2kash_14
07-21-2002, 03:35 AM
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is no where near as good as Capcom vs. Snk 2. MvC2 was a big letdown for me

Gerald
07-21-2002, 03:42 AM
Is there a Marvel vs. Xmen?

Marvel could be Xmen actually, not sure.

I can not remember the name but I played one for Playstation that had Xmen and I thought it was the best one.

y2kash_14
07-21-2002, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Gerald
Is there a Marvel vs. Xmen?

Marvel could be Xmen actually, not sure.

I can not remember the name but I played one for Playstation that had Xmen and I thought it was the best one.

LOL Marvel are the makers of the X-Men franchise, they'd just have to name the game...uhh.....Marvel