PDA

View Full Version : Enclave a bit of a let down

Afro Aura
07-19-2002, 08:05 PM
I've just got hold of Enclave and I've been playing the game for a hour or so now and the game is absolutely gorgeous with great sound and effects but thats where it ends the game just doesn't cut it in the gameplay area it's a hack and slash with some long distance weapons included, the missons a bloody boring the only good thing about it is that you can get other fighters to come along with you on your killing spree

I feel like I'll be getting rid of this game soon after I've played the Light and Dark sides, in all honestly this game is Max Payne in old'en times with the option to play it in first or third person views

get hold of Gun Metal as it does have some great playability in there and is a bit more lively

anyway thats my 2 cents or pounds over here:D

faceoff508
07-19-2002, 08:13 PM
Well that one guys opinion. Did you know that some people like Max Payne? WOW!!! Thanks for the review. But it was from your point of you. I didnt like Morrowind but only 4 people in these forums agree with me.

Marc
07-19-2002, 11:23 PM
The game store I went to today didn't have it. The wench even said it wouldn't be released until August. WTF...

DBXNY
07-19-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Marc
The game store I went to today didn't have it. The wench even said it wouldn't be released until August. WTF...

Are you in the U.S? It's already been released in Europe, but it doesn't come out in the US until something like end of this month or Aug 15th.

Marc
07-20-2002, 12:05 AM
Yep, that must be why I wasn't able to buy it today...wonder why the UK got it first...

Afro Aura
07-20-2002, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Well that one guys opinion. Did you know that some people like Max Payne? WOW!!! Thanks for the review. But it was from your point of you. I didnt like Morrowind but only 4 people in these forums agree with me.

I agree with you too about Morrowind I wasn't a fan of the game too, I sold it the next day

Now with the Max Payne comment, I believe Max Payne is a better game it doesn't have the look of Enclave but Max Payne plays better, if you've already played Max Payne you might be disappointed with Enclave

I'll play Enclave it a little more to see how things go along to see if it can change my mind

CRAIG123
07-20-2002, 05:10 AM
ive read 2 reviews of the game now and they have both been poor. OXM only gave it a 5.8??!:confused: :(

pounder
07-20-2002, 05:37 AM
max payne rules..if this is anything like the style then im getting it :)

wheatus-frog-uk
07-20-2002, 05:37 AM
hey,

i would definatly recommend renting this game.. coz well i guess its a love/hate game...
i think its awesome.. and was well worth getting rid of spiderman for.

thanks

dan

Afro Aura
07-20-2002, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by wheatus-frog-uk
hey,

i would definatly recommend renting this game.. coz well i guess its a love/hate game...
i think its awesome.. and was well worth getting rid of spiderman for.

thanks

dan
Hey didn't you try Gunmetal, I think thats a more enjoyable game

wheatus-frog-uk
07-20-2002, 11:37 AM
I couldnt try GunMetal :(

well i guess i could but it would have been GunMetal or Enclave.. i couldnt afford both... and well GunMetal hadnt many good reviews in magazines etc and Enclave was new out and it sounded my kind of game.... and im glad i got it :D

still.... im gonna try GunMetal some time

thanks

dan

Afro Aura
07-20-2002, 12:04 PM
Yep, that must be why I wasn't able to buy it today...wonder why the UK got it first...
it's made by a company thats in Europe thats why

dave_m123
07-21-2002, 12:16 PM
Dunno about you guys but magazine and website reviews are getting really sh1te lately and i wouldent trust them or OXM with their reviews. They rated Hunter lower than wreckless.

Everyone who has got Enclave over on teamxbox and also on the Enclave gamefaqs forum have said its an excellent game.

Dr X
07-21-2002, 12:43 PM

Give us something first, You lot over their get everything else before us.

For morrowind we have got to wait untill 27th September.
And You will probably get Splinter Cell Before us too.
So give us a break on being behind the times.

Tinny
07-21-2002, 03:09 PM
Enclave is a good game, it's just gonna take you time to play it. First you have to get use to the controls, which is fairly simple. (Anybody know how to change the button config? Cause I am getting annoyed everytime I play Halo before or after Enclave!) Then you have to get use to the game being a damn long one where you have to do alot of exploring and running around. Then you gotta just accept that the enemy and friendly A.I. ain't nearly as good as Halos aswell as a irratating combat system. Then you have to get use to the combat system (which you will do when you grab bigger and better shields) and thats about it. Unfortunately, this learning curve will spread over 3 whole missions and you then get a "bonus" level where it's basically a survival arena type thing which kinda helps you tune your combat abilities up. Anyways, after you get further into the game you will have more fun and like it a bit more. This game is perfect for me right now since I need a game that will last very long and one that I will enjoy planning over time instead of getting excited first and bored straight after completing it. The reason why it's perfect for me right now is the fact that Europe is late at getting the games. I would have most likely brought Morrowind before Enclave but under the circumstances... Enclave is the game to buy right now. IMO, Enclave is a better game then Gun Metal, buts that mainly due to the fact that I find GM way too difficult... also it doesn't really look that good... kinda like a PS2 version really... hehe, sorry, thats just me.

PS. The US is very likely to get Subtance and Splinter Cell before Europe. Heck, it's pretty much garuanteed. I look forward to Morrowind which I want to last me to next year.

robnyack
07-21-2002, 04:50 PM
max payne in medeival times?

COOL!!!!!