PDA

View Full Version : Full potential???

CodeMonkey
07-20-2002, 07:28 PM
Do any of you XBA fans think that any console ever made has been pushed to its MAX?. I mean do you think SOME of the Xbox games could be done on the DC for example and look just as good.
Also how much do you think they hold us back on graphics on the console (could they blow us away but don't, and Instead keep feeding us slowly like a drip). When Xbox 2 comes out, do u think they will provide graphics that could only be done on Xbox 2 or could they also be done on the current Xbox and still look as good…..

So in other words never pushing the current console to its full potential before its retired

What’s your thoughts on this people
:D

Gerald
07-20-2002, 07:32 PM
When consoles are pushed you experience losses in framerate. This has been appearent in some games. So I think they are getting pushed pretty hard

Tkf5000
07-20-2002, 07:40 PM
i think so too but like gerald said, it would affect the framerate. but some games could have been a little better. there arent a lot of balanced out games. u either get a good game with crap graphics or a crappy game with great graphics. some games could look a lot better if they fixed little things. like in bruce lee his knees were a little pointy. i kept seeing that and if it was fixed i would of been a lot happier. but we cant have everything we want...

wweomaniac
07-20-2002, 08:47 PM
I think when people say that Halo only used 40% of XBOX's maximum potential, they're on crack. XBox is only using a Geforce 3 ti equivalent video card. Halo is using pretty much both of xbox's potential.

that's all im gonna say.

Bakeman
07-20-2002, 09:02 PM
I think they squeezed every last drop out of the PS..

And just about every system that comes out.. the first bunch of games are usually no where close to the potential of the system..
"usually"

And I'd have to say "NO" on can the Xbox games being done on DC ...... but I guess we'll never really know..

ShannonX
07-20-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
I think when people say that Halo only used 40% of XBOX's maximum potential, they're on crack. XBox is only using a Geforce 3 ti equivalent video card. Halo is using pretty much both of xbox's potential.

that's all im gonna say.

last i checked, it was bungie that said that halo used about 50% of the xbox's potential, not just 'some' people. It was a great game, but i'm positive that the graphical aspect could have been improved. I also believe that the DOA3 graphics were much better than halo graphics (as in character models). So are you going to say i'm on crack? I know i'm not on crack, i dont do drugs, only drink me some beers and take me some shots of vodka or southern comfort.

Bakeman
07-20-2002, 11:29 PM
I don't like DOA3, mainly because that is not my type of game...

But anyone that says that DOA3 has bad graphics has to have some type of seeing problem, the character models along with the scenery are both awsome..

Exatox
07-20-2002, 11:35 PM
Halo had excellent graphics (best ever for an fps even beating the pc but only barely) But there were a few ways where you could utterly kill the frame rate.

y2kash_14
07-21-2002, 04:19 AM
The best graphics i have ever seen in a game console, is surprisingly not on the xbox. It was Resident Evil for the Gamecube. I gotta admit that game was beautiful

robnyack
07-21-2002, 07:44 AM
RESIDENT EVIL??????????????????????????

o...m....g

not only did the gameplay suck, the "vaunted" graphics also were pretty lame.

y2kash_14
07-21-2002, 05:49 PM
feh.....typical

Snapple
07-21-2002, 06:02 PM
i think doa3 pushed almost all of xbox's potential

Tkf5000
07-21-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by xboxfan38
i think doa3 pushed almost all of xbox's potential
maybe graphical wise (i think some things could of been a little better looking). i know they could of had more characters and levels and still be fine.

dave_m123
07-22-2002, 03:49 AM
Halo was unoptimised which is why it seemed to perform slowly at times.

Tinny
07-22-2002, 06:52 AM
It's fact that we have yet to see the X-Boxs' full potential in the game graphics department. Halo certainly did not use the X-Box's full abilities and not even DoA3 push the machine. Of course you can not blame the developers can you? The X-Box is a new system (although it's very similiar to a PC) and it's specific to games. The makers of Enclave stated that the X-Box allowed them to do things they didn't thought could be done on the consoles and most of the time, the X-Box did things that was so much better then they expected. In a year or twos time, graphics like Doom III will very likely be common place on the X-Box. I certainly am looking forward to 2004 now, and thats not just because of the football.