PDA

View Full Version : Yoshi Boxx, WoW

Brevity
07-21-2002, 09:12 PM
I read a/b this in my MaximumPC, it sounded cool so I thought I would let everyone here a/b it.....
It's a videogame console. No, wait. It's a work of art."
Some may say it's both. With Yoshi's Boxx, we bridged the divide between form and function. The Boxx provides a single physical portal for videogames, a customized case representing the emerging cyberart form known as case modifications or "case modding."
Case modding is a growing art form among geeks. Case mods are judged on the artistic beauty, technical difficulty, and uniqueness of the system. Like hot-rodders tricking out their cars, depth of complexity and brilliance of flash determines who is king of the strip. Case mods can range from simple tower detailing with airbrushed designs to wildly extravagant cases with enough lights and sounds to rival a slot machine.
The vision
What makes for a great gaming experience? Is it all about the raw numbers a system has? I don't think so. It's about what we see. We are by nature visual beings, so we like to make our environment aesthetically pleasing.
If you're like me, you prefer minimalist aesthetics. How much do you think is too much: one, three, six boxes cluttering your desktop, all of them distinctly different visually? Why not mount those systems in one box?
I had been thinking about a project like this for a while, so I decided to tear apart a few systems I had lying around and compact them into one case.
The following systems are installed in the Boxx:
Atari 2600
Nintendo Entertainment System (8-bit)
Microsoft Xbox
Nintendo GameCube
Sony PlayStation 2
A custom PC Here's there site (http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/supergeek/story/0,24330,3381725,00.html)
http://www.techtv.com/graphics/library/3381665.jpg
http://www.techtv.com/graphics/library/3381667.jpg
http://www.techtv.com/graphics/library/3381670.jpg
http://www.techtv.com/graphics/library/3381851.jpg
"The pic. in my mag was better but I cant find it anywhere and do not have time to scan mine. It all sounds cool though"

Alien
07-21-2002, 09:27 PM
That's awesome. I wonder how much you could buy one of those for. That would be neat to be able to own one...all those systems.

Gerald
07-21-2002, 10:24 PM
Its like the mutt of all systems

xboxmaster2002
07-21-2002, 11:25 PM
one of my freinds is gonna biuld one of these he got the plans he just has to order the case it should be cool to see how it turns out i might biuld one of these if it turns out good.

Shorezy
07-21-2002, 11:28 PM
That's Incredible!!!:D

Invalid Name
07-22-2002, 01:45 AM
If you dont watch TechTV. That Yoshii guy works there and on one of there programs. They tell you how to do it exactly. go to techtv.com and you should find the plans there.

GokuX
07-22-2002, 02:38 AM
No 32X on top, oh well can't have em all I guess.

Brevity
07-22-2002, 08:39 AM
He said he had some trouble building it, I like that it all has the same power supply and all the game ports are on front. This is the bomb.

Snoopy7548
07-22-2002, 10:50 AM
i saw it on the screensavers, it was so cool. and on one show, someone wrote in, asking which console everyone liked. and yoshi said he like the xbox the best. lol. thats kinda weird since his name is yoshi.:D :)

Integra Man
07-22-2002, 11:14 AM
dude thats too weird my friend said he built that ive had these pics for months. and he said he got someone to build it for him and he took these pics himself. i hope he wasnt lying

Snoopy7548
07-22-2002, 11:19 AM
lol, he is really lying, he didnt build this. yoshi did. its even on the screensavers. ask your friend if you can go over his house to see it. lol

hook-worm J
07-22-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i saw it on the screensavers, it was so cool. and on one show, someone wrote in, asking which console everyone liked. and yoshi said he like the xbox the best. lol. thats kinda weird since his name is yoshi.:D :)

Yeah I saw that one, Leo seemed like he was for the Xbox too. Hell, I think all of the screensavers like the Xbox :)

xboxmaster2002
07-22-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by hook-worm J

Yeah I saw that one, Leo seemed like he was for the Xbox too. Hell, I think all of the screensavers like the Xbox :)

i saw a show and at the end when they do they do those answer qustions and one of them was which system do you like the best and they all went for the xbox leo, yoshi and one of the other guys.

Snoopy7548
07-22-2002, 02:45 PM
yea, i saw that too. patrick said he didnt really play console games, but i think he liked the xbox, lol.

Robbiem01
07-22-2002, 05:33 PM
There is no way that anyone working for a tech channel wouldn't like an xbox more then the other systems. It is clearly the best one as far as hardware and the software is getting better every day. Only idiots who don't do thier research like GC or PS2 more (i'm not saying those systems suck but i'm saying they do NOT stand a chance agains the big X.)

NomadLLama
07-23-2002, 03:47 PM
yeah i get MaximumPC too and that really was impressive! i was curious on how he got all of those consoles in that thing. MaxPC has a lot of sweet Mods in their magazine. i think its one of the best. as for straight PC mags, its the best. i wish they would go more on the games as they used to.

Keltiks
07-23-2002, 04:20 PM
Why don't you just get a system trey and stack like 4 systems. This seems like alot of trouble.

Magnum Blast
07-23-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Keltiks
Why don't you just get a system trey and stack like 4 systems. This seems like alot of trouble.

Because that wont make other gamers look up to you.

Brevity
07-23-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by NomadLLama
yeah i get MaximumPC too and that really was impressive! i was curious on how he got all of those consoles in that thing. MaxPC has a lot of sweet Mods in their magazine. i think its one of the best. as for straight PC mags, its the best. i wish they would go more on the games as they used to.
I know there pic was so much better.

spy_spirit
07-24-2002, 11:38 AM
mmmmmm lian-li aluminium cases mmmmmm

Really nice mod! :)

Scarlet Spider
07-24-2002, 12:36 PM
where are the memory card wholes for ps2 and GCN?

Brevity
07-24-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Scarlet Spider
where are the memory card wholes for ps2 and GCN?
Hay, your right????????