PDA

View Full Version : Xbox is almost ONE YEAR Old and still no Quality Games

Obituary
07-22-2002, 03:26 AM
Dreamcast had TWO games per week, PS2 has many crappy games (but HAS them nonetheless) but noooo, my $299 Xbox hasn't seen any quality game after 8~9 months or so.

You browse OXM, and many other XBox magazines and all you see are PREVIEWS, E3 Coverage, etc...Well preview my A**.

I need some games, and I need them NOW. I still can't believe that Dreamcast has 200+ "quality" games in its sweet, short, little life.

I don't want to wait till this Christmas to see Live enabled games, (mostly red-neck sport games anyways). I want to see old school shooters, platformers, 2D fighters, and all around good games that graced Dreamcast.

Heck I am “forcing” myself by playing GameCube’s RESIDENT EVIL (great game btw) to let this dry summer season pass…

Maybe if I bought it at $199 I wouldn't be this ****ed off…

xboxmaster2002
07-22-2002, 03:43 AM
what do you call halo, PGR, Rallisport challange, world series baseball and many more dont you like any of those?

Obituary
07-22-2002, 03:50 AM
I don't know, why don't you tell us?

Kidding aside, even XBox didn't have these "quality" titles, I don't know what is the definition of "System Launch Line Up".

Zion
07-22-2002, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Obituary
Dreamcast had TWO games per week, PS2 has many crappy games (but HAS them nonetheless) but noooo, my $299 Xbox hasn't seen any quality game after 8~9 months or so.

You browse OXM, and many other XBox magazines and all you see are PREVIEWS, E3 Coverage, etc...Well preview my A**.

I need some games, and I need them NOW. I still can't believe that Dreamcast has 200+ "quality" games in its sweet, short, little life.

I don't want to wait till this Christmas to see Live enabled games, (mostly red-neck sport games anyways). I want to see old school shooters, platformers, 2D fighters, and all around good games that graced Dreamcast.

Heck I am “forcing” myself by playing GameCube’s RESIDENT EVIL (great game btw) to let this dry summer season pass…

Hey, this guy has 2 posts! I guess he's an expert!!!

Since you say the Xbox has no quality games, I assume you have completely finished/defeated:

Halo
Hunter
Moto GP
Rallipsort
Nascar Heat
NHL Hitz
Mirrowind
Amped
DOA3
UFC Tapout
Burnout
Red Card 2003
Spider Man
Blood Wake
Circus Maximus
World Series Baseball

..all on the hardest levels? These are better games than can be found on your precious PS2. So until you've beaten them all, you don't qualify to say the Xbox has no games.

Alien
07-22-2002, 08:40 AM
I see a strange connection between the Xbox and this guy...

I get it, they are both almost one year old...

Who would be so ignorant to not call games like Halo, Morrowind, PGR, Rally Sport Challenge, and all those other games 'quality'?

And welcome to XBA...

Sargent_Ryan
07-22-2002, 08:49 AM
Didn't the xbox come out in November? So wouldn't that mean that thats still over 3 months away.

cityson
07-22-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Sargent_Ryan
Didn't the xbox come out in November? So wouldn't that mean that thats still over 3 months away.

Who cares.....

Marc
07-22-2002, 09:25 AM
Bull schit, xbox has PLENTY of quality titles.

wweomaniac
07-22-2002, 09:46 AM
Well, I am in agreement with this guy. When he says quality games, I think he meant XBOX exclusive games. Right now, I can only say there are 3 good XBox exclusive games.
Halo,
Rallisport,
DOA3.

Other then those 3, there arent many great xbox exclusives. Most the games in my sig are going to be XBox exclusives, but they haven't come out yet. They will come out though.

I judge a system by the exclusive games it has. You can't say "Oh XBox has THPS3, WSB 2k2, NBA 2k2, Madden 2002". You can play those games on any console! I could go out and buy a Gamecube or PS2 if I wanted to play those games.

I can't say that GCN has that many good games either. Rogue Leader, Eternal Darkness, and Resident Evil. But those are all 1 player games.

If you wanted a lot of good games instantly, minding you get a silghtly less quality graphics, you should have gotten the PS2.

Just wait 3 more months and a lot more games will be out.

Tkf5000
07-22-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
Well, I am in agreement with this guy. When he says quality games, I think he meant XBOX exclusive games. Right now, I can only say there are 3 good XBox exclusive games.
Halo,
Rallisport,
DOA3.
Other then those 3, there arent many great xbox exclusives. Most the games in my sig are going to be XBox exclusives, but they haven't come out yet. They will come out though.
there are more than 3. morrowind,pgr motogp,outlaw golf,ad a lot of others. and i wouldnt complain cuz ps2 didnt have any good launch titles nd they didnt even get any good games for like a year and gamecube only has like 2 good games.

cityson
07-22-2002, 10:27 AM
Exactly, Morrowind and MotoGP are dead to quality.....Does PS2 have those games.....No, you can only experience them in Xbox. Also, there are many more exclusives comin' up for Xbox like Project Ego is a really good example....

CodeMonkey
07-22-2002, 12:10 PM
I kind of agree with this guy on some of his points.
OK halo is a GREAT game but it’s been nearly a year now since it came out over in the US and you can only go on about it for so long. Over in the UK we got enclave Friday just gone, and apart from that there’s nothing worth having now till September. Also MS keeps on telling us about E3, but who cares. We all know what E3 had to offer and now it’s turned into a waiting game. IMO there are to many dry months with nothing due out. (well this it what it's like in the UK at the moment)

CRAIG123
07-22-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by cityson
Exactly, Morrowind and MotoGP are dead to quality.....Does PS2 have those games.....No, you can only experience them in Xbox. Also, there are many more exclusives comin' up for Xbox like Project Ego is a really good example....

Project Ego isnt out for at least another year.. i mean c'mon now talk straight.;)

darianX
07-22-2002, 12:26 PM
I have to agree with CRAIG123..."Project Ego" is still a looooooong way off and it's tiring to hear people use it as an example of an Xbox exclusive. Furthermore, PE has quite an obstacle in it's way to become "the greatest RPG of all time" - Morrowind.

Morrowind is a TRUE RPG in every sense of the phrase and as open-ended as you can imagine. From what I've read, PE is going to push you along so you finish the game. Morrowind does nothing of the sort and leaves it up to you. I played for a month before heading out on the main quest. Somehow I doubt PE is going to be that way.

Anyway, the point is that PE is nowhere to be found and there are plenty of other quality titles available for the Xbox.

wweomaniac
07-22-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by cityson
Exactly, Morrowind and MotoGP are dead to quality.....Does PS2 have those games.....No, you can only experience them in Xbox. Also, there are many more exclusives comin' up for Xbox like Project Ego is a really good example.... PS2 has MOTO GP 1 and 2!!lol

And I don't know aboot Morrowind. It ain't tha good. And plus... PS2 has a lot of good RPgs also. Dare I say FF series.

Spaztic
07-22-2002, 01:16 PM
PS2 has MOTO GP 1 and 2!!lol

And I don't know aboot Morrowind. It ain't tha good. And plus... PS2 has a lot of good RPgs also. Dare I say FF series.

I wouldn't even consider FF a rpg...I hate that series...It is so played out and turn based combat sucks!

XBOX Dude
07-22-2002, 02:01 PM
i haven't posted here in a while (vactions will do that) but man you think people like you would stop poping up some time or another no quality games? what you smokin cause i'd like some. and as you can plainly see my fellow comrades have shut you down so do yourself and don't post crap like this it's demeaning to the entire forum

dave_m123
07-22-2002, 02:09 PM
Gamers in europe seemed to be getting screwed over. Looked at Xbox and GCN release lists today and theres nothing out much now till end of september.

dougi3000
07-22-2002, 05:00 PM
well he listed some gaming genres that arent even on the Xbox radar. 2D fighters, Top down Shooters, fun Platforming etc. They are plentyful on all other consoles except for xbox. Xbox has mainly FPS, and PC ports.

I am actually also waiting for those 2D games, and platforming games.

Also, there are almost no Exclusive games on xbox! Forget Halo, POW, or Morrowind, etc, they are all on/coming to PC!

The list of actual "exclusives" are slim. DOA3, Oddworld, PGR, Kabuki.

I personally don't consider a game "exclusive" unless it is ONLY on XBOX. if it is on PC, then i wont get it on Xbox.

BLAH!!!!!!!!!!1111111

faceoff508
07-22-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by dougi3000
well he listed some gaming genres that arent even on the Xbox radar. 2D fighters, Top down Shooters, fun Platforming etc. They are plentyful on all other consoles except for xbox. Xbox has mainly FPS, and PC ports.

I am actually also waiting for those 2D games, and platforming games.

Also, there are almost no Exclusive games on xbox! Forget Halo, POW, or Morrowind, etc, they are all on/coming to PC!

The list of actual "exclusives" are slim. DOA3, Oddworld, PGR, Kabuki.

I personally don't consider a game "exclusive" unless it is ONLY on XBOX. if it is on PC, then i wont get it on Xbox.

BLAH!!!!!!!!!!1111111

umm...

Blinx is a platform game and its and Xbox Excluisive
PGR is an Xbox excluisive
Panzer Dragoon Orta ia Xbox excluisive and its a shooter
Shenume II is Xbox Excluisive
Quantum Redshift is Xbox Excluisive
and there is more just ckeck www.xbox.com

And GTA3 is on the PC. So...

Zion
07-22-2002, 05:50 PM
PS2 has MOTO GP 1 and 2!!lol

PS2 DOES NOT have the same Moto GP game as Xbox. That's like saying Nascar on the NES is the same as Nascar on the Xbox...or something a moron would say in other words.

PS2 CAN'T have the same Moto GP that Xbox has, it just can't do it. It's not powerful enough.

And FF is a joke.

Tkf5000
07-22-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

Shenmue isnt an exclusive, its a DC port. And a game is considered exclusive if it isnt on any other platform. pc gamers and console gamers dont consider themselves one.

Zion
07-22-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000

Shenmue isnt an exclusive, its a DC port. And a game is considered exclusive if it isnt on any other platform. pc gamers and console gamers dont consider themselves one.

Shenmue II is a DC port? Shenmue II came out for DC?? When? Where??

faceoff508
07-22-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Zion

Shenmue II is a DC port? Shenmue II came out for DC?? When? Where??

But.. it never made it to America, only Japan!

robnyack
07-22-2002, 07:53 PM
obit, if you are that unhappy, then stop whining and actually do something about it!

sell your xbox and go get a girliecube. sounds like you two will be a perfect match.

Highlite23
07-22-2002, 09:28 PM
I understand that summer is the lean game time, but saying it's only XBOX??

I'm not completely sure, but what earth shatering games have come out for GC & PS2 this summer???

As far as good games, thats always a matter of opinion, and as far as games released....

Lets see, 9 months, 82 games, that would be 9.1 games a month, 2.27 games a week or 1 game about every 3 days........and what was the problem again???

Let's be realistic, you can play numbers and stuff to benefit any argument, add in "opinions" and it's a no win situation. I'm happy with it so far, if your not...move on.

Bill Gates Jr
07-22-2002, 10:04 PM
"Xbox is almost ONE YEAR Old and still no Quality Games"

Try pulling your head out of your ass, and I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of quality Xbox games.

hook-worm J
07-23-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Zion

Hey, this guy has 2 posts! I guess he's an expert!!!

That was the most immature thing I have heard all day. Since when does post count determine knowledge and skill??? If that were the case, then I'd say you should be bumped down in post count to the negatives.... I mean, I could be one of the friggin designers of the Xbox and have joined these forums yesterday and still get called a noob for what I say, just b/c I dont have a kajillion posts. Honestley, think about what you said.

dougi3000
07-23-2002, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508

umm...

Blinx is a platform game and its and Xbox Excluisive
PGR is an Xbox excluisive
Panzer Dragoon Orta ia Xbox excluisive and its a shooter
Quantum Redshift is Xbox Excluisive
and there is more just ckeck www.xbox.com

And GTA3 is on the PC. So...

ummmmmmm... all those games you listed except for PGR are not even out. It may change by the time it comes out. Remember Malice, and POW?

Keltiks
07-23-2002, 02:43 AM
I have to agree with some of his points. Only time will tell if this changes or not.

A few exclusives comin up that do look promising are:
Ninja Gaiden
Panzer Dragoon
Project Ego (waaaaaay far away)

Some games I have no idea if they are exclusive or not, maybe someone can help me out, I know most of these will be on more than one system, but which ones are xbox exclusive?
Dead to Rights
Bounty Hunter
Brute Force
Gunmetal
Enclave
Prisoner of War
Street Hoops
Buffy
Sega GT
Hitman2
Terminator
Robotech Battlecry
Timesplitters2
Bloodrayne
Kung Fu Chaos
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Indiana Jones
Mech Assult
Midtown Madness3

Rochey69r
07-23-2002, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Obituary

if your dreamcast is so FU##ING GOOD THEN GO AND PLAY THAT AND STOP YOUR FREAKING WHINGING!!

:mad:

Mercury
07-23-2002, 07:50 AM
Outlaw golf is a piece of garbage. Only sex craved juveniles enjoy that game.

But things aren't really that bad I guess. I have 5 games as of now, I keep trading my games in for others while buying one occasionally, and 2 out of the 5 are exclusives. Hunter and Morrowind. Both are incredible and beat anything that PS2 or GC have to offer.