PDA

View Full Version : Why respond??

bluace98
07-22-2002, 10:19 AM
why does anyone respond to the anti-Xbox posts anyway...it is simply someone dying for attention(obviously the ps2 doesn't keep them occupied). But anyway.....I was also thinking, for us slightly older gamers(23 and up), does anyone remember the original sega master system???? If so, if i remember correctly everyone was hollerin' about Nintendo, but i had the better system with the Master System. The following game system,(my original pride and joy) THE GENESIS was the best game system ever...(well considering the time). With all that in mind, i think Microsoft knows what they are doing, I see the plan unfolding...get a solid fan base...then kill the competition with a groudbreaking sequel the Xbox. anyone agree???????

Slacker
07-22-2002, 01:41 PM
I was always a Sega Fan, I still am I whish Sega had been able to stay in the Console war, the master System was really Cool , and genisis still kicks ass , I owned the N64 and Nes,and Snes but I always liked Sega's games a little better , like Truxton?? I think it was called and Altered Beast ,and so on , and Sonic of course , and there was a Kick ass Mickey mouse game where you could throw apples , that game was fun, I am thinking of collecting Systems like all the old systems from Oddossey to Pong to Atari and so on, I think it would be fun to have Every console , and where I live I can get consoles for 10 bucks , well older ones

consolegamer
07-22-2002, 09:07 PM
You guys rock! Finally a post worth replying to. I am also a SEGA fan. I think the Dreamcast was (and still is) a fantastic system. They revolutionized the gaming world with the VMU, absolutely fantastic games etc. Truly , many of my great gaming moments came from playing SEGA's games on their consoles. I wil never forget the first time I popped in NFL 2K, altered beast, golden axe, WSB (saturn) and the list goes on. WOW:cool:
AND WHO DOESN'T LOVE SHENMUE 1 AND 2

GokuX
07-22-2002, 11:36 PM
I was the only kid with a Sega Master System while all my other firends had NES's. Hehe I remember they had to blow on the cartridge and cartridge slot to get it working sometimes cuz it was doing the blinking screen thing. Never had to do that with the Sega Master system. The built in games were pretty cool too.
As far as the Genesis is concerned, I owned it and thought Sonic was one of the best games I'd played, but other than that I liked the SNES alot more. Did any of you guys own a 32X by chance?

consolegamer
07-24-2002, 08:30 AM
I never owned a 32x. I owned a Master System ,Genesis, SEGA CD,Saturn and Dreamcast:cool:

GokuX
07-24-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by consolegamer
I never owned a 32x.

That's a shame, well actually you didn't miss much. Doom was really the only game worth playing.

Bakeman
07-24-2002, 10:26 PM
I never heard of the Sega Master system you guys are talking about ...

I had atari, nes, neo graphix (think that was the name), snes, genisis, ps, xbox

GokuX
07-25-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Bakeman
I never heard of the Sega Master system you guys are talking about ...

I had atari, nes, neo graphix (think that was the name), snes, genisis, ps, xbox

All those systems and you've never heard of the Sega Master System. How's that possible?

Bakeman
07-26-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by GokuX

All those systems and you've never heard of the Sega Master System. How's that possible?

LOL!! I don't know!!!

When did it come out?

I was only like 5 or 6 when I had atari, 6 or 7 when I got nes
I was like 8 or 9 when I got that neo graphix, 9 when I got genisis, 10 I think when I got snes, and I think I was 13 or 14 when I got ps.
and 20 when I got xbox :)

Keltiks
07-26-2002, 02:51 AM
Best game ever: Zany Golf (It was for genesis but the OLDSCHOOL genesis that did not come with sonic)

Anyway, master system didn't get much public recognition as you would think. I guess thats why some peeps don't know about it.

GokuX
07-26-2002, 06:58 PM
I think I was about 8 some odd when I had my Sega Master System. I had to represent for Sega since I was the only one who had it. I do know that the Sega Master System Double Dragon was more true to the arcade game than the Nes version. Plus Wonderboy 3 ruled. That's still one of my fav's. Bonk's Adventure for the Turbo Graphix did rule though. Once in a while I wished I had me a Turbo Graphix. I rented it a couple of times and my friends and I would play it til the early morn. It had those cards for games instead of cartridges.

Professor Kaos
07-26-2002, 07:04 PM
im 15, but i got a master system sittin in my basement somewhere, i no it works still but i think i lost like almost all my games and my light gun dont work no more, how much is this thing worth?

cityson
07-26-2002, 08:33 PM
$3.5968373636 yen.....

GokuX
07-27-2002, 03:07 PM
Probably like $5 -$10 at most if you went to a video game trader of some sort.

Professor Kaos
07-28-2002, 08:41 PM
well in that case ill just keep it in my basement, id rather have a piece of videogame history then 10 measily dollars

cityson
07-28-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Playya
well in that case ill just keep it in my basement, id rather have a piece of videogame history then 10 measily dollars

That's the spirit! After 3 centuries or so.....That light gun might cost $3GaZillion! Save it for your next generations.

Professor Kaos
07-28-2002, 08:44 PM
my light gun dont work worth *****

GokuX
07-29-2002, 01:34 AM
my light gun dont work

Ok maybe $3, hehe.

cityson
07-29-2002, 01:48 AM
Hey GokuX, that's an antique.....It should cost more than 3 bucks!!!!

GokuX
07-29-2002, 03:32 AM
There's gotta be like several hundred thousand of those boys floating around unless it sold terribly over it's existence, so it isn't that rare. Give it like 70 - 100 years and then you might have something.