PDA

View Full Version : Horror Games

symposiumx
07-22-2002, 12:22 PM
Silent Hill 2 was a fantastic game. Does anyone know the status/inside scoop for SIlent Hill 3 ?? Are there currently any other horror games for XBOX (not Hunter, but others)? Anyone know the future of XBOX horror titles? I want more more more!

Tkf5000
07-22-2002, 06:38 PM
genma onimusha is a horror\action. and from what i heard so far silent hill 3 is only on ps2 but maybe a little later we will get a upgraded version of it like we did with the second. ive seen some screens and it looks pretty cool.

symposiumx
07-22-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
genma onimusha is a horror\action. and from what i heard so far silent hill 3 is only on ps2 but maybe a little later we will get a upgraded version of it like we did with the second. ive seen some screens and it looks pretty cool.

Silent Hill 3 is out?? for PS2? ******..that is sacreligious!!
I rented Genma, but it was really hard.

tell me where i can read about silent hill 3 please!

maybe it will come to Xbox, and have upgrades (extras0 like Silent Hill 2?

Thanks!

Tkf5000
07-22-2002, 08:07 PM
it comes out in october for ps2 according to egm. but they are dumb so it might be wrong.

Piccolo_DBz
07-23-2002, 03:44 AM
FATAL FRAME! Thats a great game coming. I can't wait. :D

Snapple
07-23-2002, 08:45 AM
silent hill 2 wasnt all of a great game:( the first one was way scarier)

but tkf5000 can you show us the screen shots cause i wanna see:D

Tkf5000
07-23-2002, 08:54 AM
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screenindex/0,11104,561292,00.html
those are the only 4 screens ive seen. they were in EGM too.

symposiumx
07-23-2002, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the pictures TKF5000

Fatal frame? what is that game exactly? Scheduled Release date?

Has anyone heard of a game that is (guessing) suppose to come out for hte XBOX called "Darc Black"?

I do feel that the Xbox is pretty shallow in certain genres: Horror horror horror.

A little off topic, but anyone ever play "System Shock 2" for the PC ?

Snoopy7548
07-23-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Piccolo_DBz
FATAL FRAME! Thats a great game coming. I can't wait. :D

its already out, and its for the ps2. its where u go through a house and take pictures of ghosts or something. where did u see that it was gonna be on the xbox?

Shadow20002
07-23-2002, 11:08 AM
*The Thing
*BloodRayne
*Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Only three at moment (in my opinion), maybe more will announce...

symposiumx
07-23-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
*The Thing
*BloodRayne
*Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Only three at moment (in my opinion), maybe more will announce...

The only one of those three that are horror would be "The Thing". The others would be action titles.

cityson
07-23-2002, 11:28 AM
I must admit.....The graphics are NOT good.

Just look at the shadow....It was very low res. and don't say horror games don't require good graphics cuz this time you are SO wrong....

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/e32002/playstation2/silenthill3/sh3_screen001.jpg

Tkf5000
07-23-2002, 02:28 PM
well it doesnt look as good in screens, most games dont. that also might of been a earlier screen. but its good for ps2 you gotta admit.

Piccolo_DBz
07-23-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

its already out, and its for the ps2. its where u go through a house and take pictures of ghosts or something. where did u see that it was gonna be on the xbox?

I know it's already out for the PS2, It's been announced to come out on the Xbox in october I believe. Go check out the EBgames.com

Snapple
07-23-2002, 05:20 PM
i hpe its way better than silent hill 2 cause i hated that game:mad: there wasnt hardly any scary parts and it was really short:(

and it looks like a girl as the main charecter in sh3

and about that shadow thing its just how the game looks cause in sh2 the games graphics had those blurs:rolleyes:

symposiumx
07-23-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by xboxfan38
i hpe its way better than silent hill 2 cause i hated that game:mad: there wasnt hardly any scary parts and it was really short:(

and it looks like a girl as the main charecter in sh3

and about that shadow thing its just how the game looks cause in sh2 the games graphics had those blurs:rolleyes:

I htik silent hill "scary factor" is the state of mind the player is in. Its like most things...if you psych yourself out for it, then its creepier.

I'm all for over the top , hands down **** my pants scary....bring it on!!

but , i still enjoyed Silent Hill immensely :)

DemonAlcohol
07-23-2002, 05:40 PM
Has anyone played System Shock 2? That is the only game i've played that scared me on more than one level. (read: other than cheap RE style things jumping out of nowhere) The game's graphics really suck by todays standards, but I still have fond memories of playing the game at 3AM, afraid to turn the next corner or running for my life from the sound of The Many.

symposiumx
07-23-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by DemonAlcohol
Has anyone played System Shock 2? That is the only game i've played that scared me on more than one level. (read: other than cheap RE style things jumping out of nowhere) The game's graphics really suck by todays standards, but I still have fond memories of playing the game at 3AM, afraid to turn the next corner or running for my life from the sound of The Many.

that game rocks!! walking along then all of a sudden...screaming.

was it just me , or did it seem like the volume went up on its own when something like that happened?

DemonAlcohol
07-23-2002, 06:19 PM
Well I think it seemed like the volume went up because the ambient noises were pretty low. So the gunshot or the 'Help Me!' of a many seemed louder than the rest.

The scene where SHODAN reveals herself gave me goosebumps. :o)

symposiumx
07-23-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by DemonAlcohol
Well I think it seemed like the volume went up because the ambient noises were pretty low. So the gunshot or the 'Help Me!' of a many seemed louder than the rest.

The scene where SHODAN reveals herself gave me goosebumps. :o)

Very true.

i wonder if there is any chance of a remake or a part 3 for Xbox?

I think it would be amazing on Xbox.

Keltiks
07-23-2002, 09:52 PM
The Silent Hill series does not pride itself on good graphics. The crappy graphics I believe makes it scarier.

Also, gamespot says the release date is Q2 2003, not october. That would be way too fast for another game in the series.

Tkf5000
07-24-2002, 09:23 AM
the ps2 version of sh2 is a lot older. its just new for xbox cuz they remade it. so there could be a sequal. egm said october but they are wrong a lot.

pieceofmind83
07-24-2002, 01:29 PM
i hope that they will make "alone in the dark" for xbox,that game is great.

symposiumx
07-24-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by pieceofmind83
i hope that they will make "alone in the dark" for xbox,that game is great.

I heard that was a good game. basically just you and a flashlight?

anything horror, I'm all over it...like maggots on a rotting corpse

Tkf5000
07-25-2002, 06:37 PM
yea alone in the dark is a lot scarier and darker than other horror games. 2 characters, one with a revolver and uses a lot of weaponry and one that uses a flashlight to try to scare the spirtits away. the storyline was great too. once u start the game u go in this little shack and theres a guy all bloody and hurt and he tlaks and u then leave. you start walking and u hear this loud noise and a scream. u go back theres nothing there but some blood on the floor and a key. and thats the very first thing in the game! most games dont have anything that scary. if oyu have dreamcast i recommend getting it u can probly get it for like 10 bux.

shrew king
07-25-2002, 08:28 PM
I have seen some screenshots for Doom III and they look really awesome, does anyone know if its coming to Xbox?