PDA

View Full Version : An get NCAA or Mike Tyson yet????

swing007
07-22-2002, 01:22 PM
Just wanted to know if anyone picked up these titles yet? Looking for a review from some member to see if these games are worth picking up...
Thanks

Casper
07-22-2002, 01:25 PM
Ask Shaggy about how bad Mike Tyson was...I'm glad he'll be sure to tell you, if he can do it without flippin out ;)

I placed a good post in the Sports thread of a site to get NCAA for $40, so check it out :)

Spaztic
07-22-2002, 01:31 PM
Dude, tysons boxing is the worst thing since peanut butter and jelly in the same jar. It has a arcade feel, it is a button masher, with absolutly no fun value! you just hit buttons, and then watch you dude get his ass kicked the entire game! There is no strategy involved in this game. The modes suck! The create a player is cool, but who cares because the game is boring. I don't think I could say this but it is almost to fast, the simplicity of this game is unreal, and there isn't really a way to master this game! I got it, played it, and hated it! If you want a decent boxer get KOK. The face damage is cool, but I have only made it to the second round 1 time. Overall I give the game a 2.5/10.....I would be ****ed if I even rented this game! It is a waste of time.....this game has gone downhill kinda like his career!

swing007
07-22-2002, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the reply Shaggy, saved me $50 hammers....

Casper I will check out your post... Thanks again

Casper
07-22-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
Dude, tysons boxing is the worst thing since peanut butter and jelly in the same jar. It has a arcade feel, it is a button masher, with absolutly no fun value! you just hit buttons, and then watch you dude get his ass kicked the entire game! There is no strategy involved in this game. The modes suck! The create a player is cool, but who cares because the game is boring. I don't think I could say this but it is almost to fast, the simplicity of this game is unreal, and there isn't really a way to master this game! I got it, played it, and hated it! If you want a decent boxer get KOK. The face damage is cool, but I have only made it to the second round 1 time. Overall I give the game a 2.5/10.....I would be ****ed if I even rented this game! It is a waste of time.....this game has gone downhill kinda like his career!

LoL, like I said, wait til Shag-afic gets a hold of it, and he did just that and tore it the fuk up...nice one shaggy :)

GRAVEDIGGER
08-04-2002, 06:08 PM
LoL Shaggy, Mike Tyson Boxing got so many bad reviews that its not even funny, i dont know how the hell a game manages to command a score as low as 2.5 and an average review score of 1.6...Who the hell made that game. Who ever they are they need to stop now while they are ahead:rolleyes:

Untill next time...:mad:

Spaztic
08-05-2002, 08:43 AM
dude a 2.0 would be a high opinion in my mind, I have gotten rid of that game quick!

Tkf5000
08-06-2002, 10:12 AM
i rented NCAA and i was suprised it is pretty good. i would definitaley buy it over mike tyson. im never gunna even rent mike tyson even tho ive never played it. but NCAA ur players lose helms, get dirty, you can make players,coachs,and even your own arenas. and if u break any records (8 touchdowns in one game with one player, that just an example,not a real challenge) u get points and points buy u stuff like cheats, new teams,special players, new arenas,etc. and theres a trophy room, rivalry games, mascot games (everyone plays in mascots uniform). Iwould definitaley recomned NCAA over mike tyson. tho ive never played mike tyson i really dont want to. NCAA is worth your money and will keep you ocupied until madden03, fever03, and 2k3. who knows you might even like it better than those upcoming games.

peejay2288
08-07-2002, 08:45 AM
I agree Shaggy. THIS GAME SUCKS!!! They punch super fast and there is no fun, strategy, or replay value with this game. The only good feature is create a player but it still sucks because you don't have a good game to play them on!!! I only played this game on PS2 but I'm pretty sure if it sucked that bad on PS2 it can't be much better on Xbox. If you get this game after what I have told you, you are nothing but a worthless @$$! Just go out and get Knockout Kings or something.

Halo Evolved
08-07-2002, 02:55 PM
NCAA is a great game, alot of improvements over the previous title from last year on PS2. It is a great buy especially if you are gonna get Madden 2003 because you can draft your seniors into Madden and update rosters frequently. The best feature in NCAA 2003 would be the new TROPHY CASE where you can look at your dynasty trophies and trophies you've aquired in Rivalry games.

cityson
08-07-2002, 03:09 PM
OK, this is dumb.....At least point out 2 good games that are out.....Those two you've mentioned are the worst.....Of course I won't get them. :mad:

Tkf5000
08-08-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by cityson
OK, this is dumb.....At least point out 2 good games that are out.....Those two you've mentioned are the worst.....Of course I won't get them. :mad: man why do u always gotta put your 2 cents in. just because u dont like a game doesnt mean it sux and no one should buy it. NCAA is a good game. u dont come in here and complain about it saying it sux. if u dont like sports games then go talk about action games or something.

CrazyCougar
08-09-2002, 12:32 PM
NCAA 2003 is definitely worth the $50. I highly recommend it to any football fan. As for Tyson, it lasted 10 minutes on my Xbox and back to Blockbuster I go to trade it in on something else. Anything is better than that game! My goodness, should have known something associated with Tyson would be worthless. Oh well...it was on the rented on the freedom pass so no loss of $.

lllSmokelll
08-09-2002, 03:51 PM
get NCAA

BlindSniper
08-10-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by goldberg
get NCAA

yeah def get ncaa mike is like weerd and *** and boring and hard

silvaman
08-10-2002, 05:31 PM
I got NCAA, pretty fun to play, unless you lose

Bakeman
08-11-2002, 02:25 AM
I rented Mike Tyson's game the other day..
Horrible!! Knock Out Kings is way better.. And I didn't even like Knock Out Kings lol

I took Mike Tyson's game back the next day.. I was all mad that I wasted my money on it

Dave
08-13-2002, 02:03 AM
Sounds like the basketball game is an easy pick over the Tyson game. I like boxing, so I was thinking about maybe buying the Tyson game, but after I read the reviews, I don't even want to rent it.

I have KO Kings for X-Box, and it is my 2nd favorite Boxing game. I did have more fun with Ready 2 Rumble 2, but KO Kings is still a good boxing game. If you want a boxing game, it's defintely worth renting to see if you like it.

Chaotic
08-13-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Dave
Sounds like the basketball game is an easy pick over the Tyson game. I like boxing, so I was thinking about maybe buying the Tyson game, but after I read the reviews, I don't even want to rent it.

I have KO Kings for X-Box, and it is my 2nd favorite Boxing game. I did have more fun with Ready 2 Rumble 2, but KO Kings is still a good boxing game. If you want a boxing game, it's defintely worth renting to see if you like it.

BTW its NCAA Football not basketball :)