PDA

View Full Version : Help please, my armor stats have dropped!

StudioAlex
07-22-2002, 02:56 PM
Wow. I've been away too long. This used to be the smallest forum on this site (save the sim forum of course) and look at what one game can do!

Anyway, I need help. My armor ratings got zapped after handling the Fury sword and I can't figure out how to fix it. I tried using a dispell item but it didn't work or it was too weak to work. Help would be appreciated.

SlightlySycho
07-22-2002, 03:00 PM
In short, you're screwed. There's no means of recovering your skill stats once you've picked up the sword (short of retraining them). Revert to a previously saved game (I realize you're probably not playing the game and reading this at the same time, so hopefully you still have an autosave back up).
I theorize that this sword is or was part of some sort of quest, but either there's a bug in the quest, or it was never finished.

StudioAlex
07-22-2002, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I just read the other thread related to this. What ****es me off is that I wasn't even trying to use it, just cycling through my weapons... no wonder the guy you pull it off from was dead!

But I think there must be a cure. The stats come up red, indicating a temporary situation. At least I can hope, or dream. Of course, I blame this on Canada. Isn't Bethesda from Canada?

Dulacc
07-23-2002, 09:51 AM
I obtained a magical effect list from this site:

http://www.m0use.net/~uesp/morrow/hints/mweffects.shtml

In it, it listed a 'Restore skill' magical effect. Now, I would take that to mean there is some way to obtain that magical effect, either from a spell seller, or it may be in some of the games built in enchanted items, or something.

StudioAlex
07-23-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Dulacc
I obtained a magical effect list from this site:

http://www.m0use.net/~uesp/morrow/hints/mweffects.shtml

In it, it listed a 'Restore skill' magical effect. Now, I would take that to mean there is some way to obtain that magical effect, either from a spell seller, or it may be in some of the games built in enchanted items, or something.

Thanks for the info.

SciFi
07-23-2002, 04:05 PM
didya try the alter? If you look at it it gives you choices, one of which is restore attributes

shrew king
07-23-2002, 06:19 PM
The Fury eh? What kind of damage can the fury do? and how much did it take your armor down by?

StudioAlex
07-24-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by SciFi
didya try the alter? If you look at it it gives you choices, one of which is restore attributes

That sounds even better, which alter (in which temple or shrine) are you reffering to?

StudioAlex
07-24-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by shrew king
The Fury eh? What kind of damage can the fury do? and how much did it take your armor down by?

The fury really doesn't do much damage, but it does fortify your attack by 20 poiints. It attacks all of your armor skills and it hits you with blind, and we're talking constant effect. I wasn't even intending to use the dang thing and it screwed me over.

shrew king
07-24-2002, 09:29 PM
OK, ill stay away from that thing then, constant blind? must suck, what if u just pick it up and sell it to the mudcrab? will it still hurt you just by sitting in the unused inventory?

StudioAlex
07-24-2002, 10:37 PM
OK, ill stay away from that thing then, constant blind? must suck, what if u just pick it up and sell it to the mudcrab? will it still hurt you just by sitting in the unused inventory?

No, but I don't reccomend even picking it up to sell. I was just caught off guard with a lock pick in my hands so I was shuffling through my weapons and it blasted me; that was before I knew about its harmful effects. But that's all it took, just one second in my hands. Besides, its only worth about 3200, and that's chump change by that point in the game anyway.

shrew king
07-25-2002, 12:47 AM
So you were just scrolling through without adding to what you were holding and it got u?

StudioAlex
07-25-2002, 11:04 AM
So you were just scrolling through without adding to what you were holding and it got u?

It was in my inventory, but I never meant to equip it. I was just trying to get to my ebony broadsword, and the Fury came up first.

shrew king
07-25-2002, 04:57 PM
OK, thnx for the info.

JADE8704
07-25-2002, 10:02 PM
the only "cure" that i found for fury was to retrain my skills back up to 100(except for med armor because the master trainer for med armor is not in the game...bug maybe)so basically i had to spend over 100,000 drakes to get my stats back up....

ALTHOUGH, in the game manual, there is a spell or potion or something that can remove a curse....i dunno, haven't found it yet. either train your skills back up, or try to find this "remove curse" magic spell or something. :)