PDA

View Full Version : Help me convince these two kids that Xbox is the best of the 3 systems!

Dilr0y
07-23-2002, 01:11 AM
Yeah, I'd like to know if you guys could help me say something to these two kids that are obsessed with their systems, and hate Xbox. One of them has a Gamecube, while the other, has a PS2. I mean, there's gotta be SOMETHING I can say to convince them that Xbox is THE best system ever. The only thing they like about Xbox, is that Xbox LIVE to THEM, looks sweet. But yeah, if any of you guys could help me out with this, then right on. D:

xboxmaster2002
07-23-2002, 01:56 AM
why do you want to convince them do they annoy you or somthing i would let them think what they want its an opinion and if you dont want to do that just show them the specs between the 3 and say see xbox is better but its all about the games anyway so that would just prove xbox is the most powerfiul of the 3.

Keltiks
07-23-2002, 02:44 AM
Let them decide for themselves

DrUnKtAnK
07-23-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Dilr0y
Yeah, I'd like to know if you guys could help me say something to these two kids that are obsessed with their systems, and hate Xbox. One of them has a Gamecube, while the other, has a PS2. I mean, there's gotta be SOMETHING I can say to convince them that Xbox is THE best system ever. The only thing they like about Xbox, is that Xbox LIVE to THEM, looks sweet. But yeah, if any of you guys could help me out with this, then right on. D:

Hey Dilr0y,

Here is a couple of spots of information you may want to show your buddies:

All 3 systems compared (http://www.planetxbox.com/about/compare/)

Online plans for all 3 systems (http://www.fantasynascarleague.com/xbox/online_comparision.asp)

hook-worm J
07-23-2002, 03:12 PM
There is nothing more annoying then someone trying to convince someone else that one thing is better. Let them go their seperate ways and forget about it...

mrmp3
07-23-2002, 04:01 PM
If you got an Xbox show them Halo. If you got another friend with an Xbox show them some system link capabilities. System link is such an awesome feature on Xbox. Plus show them the specs. Xbox dominates PS2 in almost every category. GC beats Xbox in 2 (simultaneous textures and somethin else I think) Plus half the games on Xbox that are decent would be considered godly on the PS2 or GC.

My story is like Alone in the Dark's except I was the one with the Xbox and once my other friend got an Xbox and my 40ft cable came in the mail, system link convinced everyone. A couple people, however, refuse to let go of the PS2 or GC. My friend says PS2 has all the sports games. WRONG! Xbox gets all the major sports games (i.e. Baseball Basketball Soccer and Football) plus Microsoft made games which gives Xbox another series they have. Well Xbox doesn't have Rugby. Honestly Rugby blew hard ass on PS2. On the old Sega Genesis I loved it but the new version was terrible. The only thing PS2 has over Xbox is the GTA series. Well we get PGR, Rallisport, most of the PS2 games except with upgrades (slight or major upgrades depending on the company), Hunter, Xbox Live (and let's not forget all those lovely titles announced with Xbox Live), and the almighty Halo. I'm just gonna LOOOOOOVE rubbing in their faces how I can play Ghost Recon 6 player co-op or ride vehicles in Unreal Championship. Signing off...

robnyack
07-23-2002, 04:39 PM
ps2 is simple.....if someone was to go out and buy a game console today, why on earth would you buy the system that has already maxed out performance-wise and as the next couple years go by this will become increasingly clear. While you have the xbox that has still yet to peak out and has it's best years ahead of it.

also, by the end of this year, there will be 200 games and xbox live will completely rolled out with 50 games live by the end of 2003.

I don't really understand how anyone could come to the conclusion that ps2 is the system they should buy. I really don't.

As for gamecube, why is xbox better. Again, it's clearly a superior system, and xbox is running circles around gamecube as far as games made for each system, and by christmas, xbox will have 200 games and how many will gamecube have?.....75?. Plus no plans for online gaming.

Again, I just don't see how someone who was to go out and buy a new console today, could come up with any other answer. It's a very clear choice.

hook-worm J
07-23-2002, 04:41 PM
Project Gotham Racing

Adema
07-23-2002, 04:51 PM
Why convince them one of them can buy a PS2 and the other can buy a GC, you can go over to their house to play their systems while at your house you can have the best system.

Plewis
07-23-2002, 05:40 PM
let them decide for themselves but tell them about how much fun you had with your xbox. Heck, I didnt know this one kid wanted a PS2 and he came over to my house. I just set him up wit a game o' halo and he has an xbox and no ps2. Just let em play ur favorite games then let them decide for themselves

Dilr0y
07-23-2002, 08:31 PM
Hmm, well.. thanks everyone.

I'm just sort of ticked off at the fact that these two helpless kids are so into OTHER systems, and NOT the Xbox. Maybe I'm a fanboy, maybe not, but I'm just trying to help these kids out. I guess I could give a little background information on them:

The PS2 Kid:

His thoughts on gaming: Well, he strongly endoures his PS2, and quite frankly I think it's because of the number of games out there. I don't really think he's too much into graphics, more of "gameplay only." He's not a FPS person either, he's the first person on earth that I met who wasn't addicted to Halo right off the bat. He didn't even like it, he said, and I quote, "Halo's a good game, but I just don't like it." With that said, here's some info about the GC kid.

The GC Kid:
His thoughts on gaming: He's this kid who can't really play many violent games on his system, mainly because his parents don't want him to. He even told me this is why he bought the console in the first place, because it wouldn't make much sense since Xbox sort of aims to the "older audience." He's pumped for Mario Sunshine, and cares about graphics, but he also is more of a "gameplay only" kind of person. Due to the restriction from his parents and "violent" video games, he's limited to playing some of GC's good exclusives, such as: Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, and Metroid Prime. Now, maybe for him GameCube is the best system, simply because he can play more of their games.

Now, both of them are heavily impressed with Xbox Live, and they agree with me that they have the best online plans. They also agree that Xbox is the most powerful, and it can display the best graphics out of the three. They both just love ganging up on "the big Xbox boy" (me) while they bash me, and endure their systems. I just want to have peace with them, and prove them wrong of their wrongful opinions. I don't want to sound like I want to change their opinions, but I guess maybe that's the truth. I don't know, but.. bring in more ideas guys.. :)

(¯`·._)
07-23-2002, 08:35 PM
Show them THIS (http://www.xboxxtreme.net/cgi-bin/features2/viewnews.cgi?id=EpEAAuEyuuPlyToAPN)

Make them read it all, after if they still are being fanboyish invite them over, make em play something that shows xbox is better in all ways:)

Dilr0y
07-23-2002, 08:38 PM
Heh, well I need to show them something that shows that Xbox is better than GC, too..!

Dilr0y
09-14-2002, 03:55 PM
Ehh, bump. :(

xboxmaster2002
09-14-2002, 06:18 PM
rare is coming to xbox...

evil xbox king
09-14-2002, 07:43 PM
Leave the GC kid alone- if his parents don't let him play adult games then GC is really the only option for him. On the other hand, the PS2 kid is a real [INSERT INSULT HERE]! Just show him what he's missing. I find it is quite common for kids around that age group to be very protective of their relevant consoles- even if another one is way way way way way better.

Dilr0y
10-13-2002, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by evil xbox king
Leave the GC kid alone- if his parents don't let him play adult games then GC is really the only option for him. On the other hand, the PS2 kid is a real [INSERT INSULT HERE]! Just show him what he's missing. I find it is quite common for kids around that age group to be very protective of their relevant consoles- even if another one is way way way way way better.

Hmm, okay, thank you for the advice......

....any more? :D

Gimpy Mcgee
10-13-2002, 04:21 AM

Hmm, okay, thank you for the advice......

....any more? :D

Just dont tell them about MS's shotty customer service.;)

Dilr0y
10-14-2002, 03:13 AM
Uh oh.. do they really have THAT bad of a customer service? :confused:

Just how bad is it? :(

Nameless
10-14-2002, 12:02 PM

Just leave them alone.
If you were any kind of friend you would see they prefer their systems to yours. Really you three have the best of the world, why? Well you can each play the exclusive games on each others console. Throwing info about the Xbox's hardware in their face will probably just make not want the Xbox even more because a fanboy got all ****y that they don't like the Xbox.

I just want to have peace with them, and prove them wrong of their wrongful opinions. I don't want to sound like I want to change their opinions, but I guess maybe that's the truth. I don't know, but.. bring in more ideas guys..
Stupidest thing I have ever read :rolleyes:. You want peace with them? Shut up and leave them alone, considering they alreay admitted the Xbox is the most powerful of the three. Their opinions cannot be wrong if they like one thing over an other, so leave them alone. I mean thats like saying "Your wrong in liking that game over another one, your opinion is wrong". You also stated that the GC kid can't play violent games...well for his gaming purposes Game Cube is the way to go. It's utterly pointless to fork over another $200+ dollars on a sytem he won't get much out of.

BTW, how old are you?

Bigwig
10-14-2002, 02:32 PM
Hey thread starter show them the Shenmue 2 trailor and the Fable trailor then show them the Final Fantasy trailor.

It will be GAME SET MATCH

eceon
10-15-2002, 02:55 PM
just wait a month or two and you won't have to say anything. in time, the xbox will come into a niche of its own and distinguish itself from other systems in a big way. just leave the kids alone and play yr box. before you know it, they'll be all over yr jock and you'll be the most popular kid in school! if you really need to convince them right now, just tell them that the xbox will get them laid most definitely. it has for me. :confused:

now enough with the pointless threads.

e

Slim Shady
10-15-2002, 06:08 PM
tell them to go play their ga-y-station2 or ga-y-cube

Nameless
10-15-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Slim Shady
tell them to go play their ga-y-station2 or ga-y-cube

And prove that Microsoft has fans with the intelligence of a nine year old :rolleyes: .
(No offense to those who are smarter than that.)

Who gave this thread a five-star rating?

Xaminor
10-16-2002, 04:58 AM
URL=http://www.planetxbox.com/about/compare/]All 3 systems compared[/URL]

Online plans for all 3 systems (http://www.fantasynascarleague.com/xbox/online_comparision.asp)

Thanks, I will use this myself!