PDA

View Full Version : import

xboxlover
10-28-2001, 10:58 AM
Right here i go again guys i just wanna know are ure plugs 3 pin or two pin cause i might just preorder a xbox from the u.s but still think so just answer a few of my questions an widen this thread thank you
1)how many pns do ure plugs have
2)should i just wait for the xbox to come out in the uk
3)would the xbox work on uk tele
4)when would i get the xbox if i import it and would they even deliver to this part of the world.

i think thats all my questions till i tink of somemore thank you

eman
10-28-2001, 11:40 AM
Whats goin on in your part of the world anyway. with the games in general not the IRA. What kind of game franchises are there.

Rancey
10-28-2001, 03:15 PM
You use PAL don't you? That is the case here so I can't really import an Xbox as US uses NTSC.

xboxlover
10-29-2001, 01:37 PM
Could i just not get a us tele and how come us shops won't import to me guys please reply as much as u can

SquirrelJam
10-29-2001, 02:03 PM
xboxlover, with European power requirements being different from the U.S., you may have trouble with that part of the equation. However, in various computer peripheral mailorder catalogs, you likely find power conversion kits for people who travel abroad and take their laptops, etc.. It may be as simple as this, it may not.

I'm not sure, so, I recommend that you speak to tech support people from one of these various companies and ask if all 110v electronics could be used with their converters in your country. Jason-XBA also made a great point about PAL vs NTSC. Is there conversion for that too? Don't know.

As far as Microsoft not releasing to the whole world at once, well, this would be a huge undertaking for any company. Roll-outs of this magnatude would require countless resources and monsterous planning; powersupply conversions, Language translations, consumer demographics, etc., (Munch is not likely to be popular in Japan for the very reason that the creatures are too "ugly" -- says OddWorld Inhabitants, Inc. study).

One launch at a time, is best. Especially for something as huge and highly anticipated as the xbox. I'm sure you'll find out much, much more in your community once the xbox has been out for a little while. --good luck.

xboxlover
10-30-2001, 12:26 PM
Hey i think i'll just wait till uk launch cause thats the way things are supposed to be so there march 15th here i come.