PDA

View Full Version : How to make money (Not by killing Ordinators)

Keltiks
07-23-2002, 02:54 AM
I have decided to join the temple and start some of their tasks so their master trainer will train my conjuration to 100. I found that I am low on cash and the only way I used to get money (killing ordinators) is now not an option because 1) They love me now (90/100) and I would feel guilty and 2) The main reason, I will get booted from the temple.

Any alternate ways to make cash?

davidx
07-23-2002, 03:05 AM
Dude,

How did you get them Ordinators to love you? I thought that once you kill one, they all hate you.

I'm sick having to kill every single ordinator that sees me.

X

Dulacc
07-23-2002, 09:14 AM
I think it has to do with my high personality.

As for killing them without getting ye old death warrant, I just taunt them into attacking me. All very legal, and no death warrant. You could also use a frenzy(or is it rally) humanoid spell or enchantment on them. That will make them attack you too, so you can kill them with no consequence.

As for making money without killing ordinators, how about the mercantile deal? It's simple:

1) make sure merchant reaction to you is 100/100
2) buy something expensive for a low price
3) sell it back for more than you bought it
4) repeat as necessary

I did this at the beginning of the game, with the alchemist in the Hlaalu district of Balmora. She's got 3000 gold, and you can easily mercantile that out of her, due to the fact that she has some expensive stuff.

Shadow20002
07-23-2002, 10:45 AM
I have a better option for you, go to the ruin of Ald Sotha of the north-east of Vivec (look on the map that come with your game). Before you go there make sure to buy some quality potions of healing and quick paralyzing. When you get there, be prepare for surprise attack. In there only powerful monsters are summoned included Storm Atronach, Dremora, Winged twilight and Golden Saint. In some time, you need to fight three at once. But the fight will worth because each one contain a daedric weapon except Storm Atronach. When you are enough with the fight, then go to the Talking Mudcrab Trader just of the east of the ruin. Sell him all your weapons that worth 10K and down. I got 70K for about 45 minutes of playing.

Keltiks
07-23-2002, 01:31 PM
So if you taunt an ordinator, he attacks you, and then you kill him, you won't get banned from the temple?

elitewp
07-23-2002, 02:00 PM
I've killed many ordinators in self-defense and I am still in the temple.

-EW

E-Xbox
07-23-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by elitewp
I've killed many ordinators in self-defense and I am still in the temple.

-EW
i can never get n e one to attack me..
i always taunt and taunt and taunt..
but nothing ever happens..

peace

Dre
07-23-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

i can never get n e one to attack me..
i always taunt and taunt and taunt..
but nothing ever happens..

peace

Your chance for a successful taunt is a function of two (or more) things. The two being:

1) Personality/Disposition.. if you have a 0/100 disposition, forget about it.. nothings going to work.

2) Speechcraft skill level. The higher this is, the higher your chance of successfully taunting.

If you've got a charm spell or item (like Jjax's pimp chain thread), you can raise the disposition and taunt until they finally fight you.

Keltiks
07-23-2002, 04:22 PM
Thanks EW and Dre

elitewp
07-23-2002, 05:31 PM
I've talked about this in the "Killing Ordinators" thread.

I put on ordinator armour that I stole from Dren and went to Vivec and talked to an Ordinator. That really pi$$ed them off. They will attack you for sure.

-EW

E-Xbox
07-23-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Your chance for a successful taunt is a function of two (or more) things. The two being:

1) Personality/Disposition.. if you have a 0/100 disposition, forget about it.. nothings going to work.

2) Speechcraft skill level. The higher this is, the higher your chance of successfully taunting.

If you've got a charm spell or item (like Jjax's pimp chain thread), you can raise the disposition and taunt until they finally fight you.
oo...
i knew bout personality and speechcraft..but not bout disposition...
btw...i finally got a civilian to attack me...
now i just gotta get a guard to attack me instead of paying 20 gold everytime i kill this one guard..

peace

Calve
07-23-2002, 09:11 PM
What I do to Ordinators is attempt to pick-pocket them and they'll attack me and I'll get a bounty of about 20 after i kill them. And I can still walk by Ordinators Indoril armour on without them attacking me!

BTW... E-Xbox: Stay on these forums man i saw a couple people cutting you up in the Off-Topic Lounge but who gives a ****...I've always enjoyed your posts...