PDA

View Full Version : POW Impressions

Spaztic
07-23-2002, 09:59 AM
I got my hands on Prisioner of War, that is going to be released soon for the xbox. So far the game is definatly unique. You get shot down out of the sky and then, the game starts you off in a prisioner camp. There are two other prisioners when you start out and while the game progresses more prisioners come. The graphics to say the least are nothing special, if not on the more crappy side. The voice acting is horrible, and the cut scenes are really cheezy! I didn't play much because tetris was calling! =) Basicly you goal is to escape, you do that buy doing favors, and finding stuff that will help you thoughout the game, and hiding them in a chest in your room...I was still getting used to the routine in order to stay alive. So far the game dosn't really keep my attention, but then again I haven't got into it yet.....I will keep you all posted as I get further!

Snoopy7548
07-23-2002, 10:04 AM
dude, how did u get it already? is it a pirated copy? did u get it from irc or something? man, i gotta get a modchip, but im so afraid of soldering it, cause ive never done that before.

DrUnKtAnK
07-23-2002, 10:19 AM
Thanks Shaggy, please keep up informed. POW's concept sound interesting, but I kind of worried that there is no weapons.......Who know's I wait to rent it and make a decision. Thanks man.

Spaztic
07-23-2002, 11:04 AM
dude every game and more is comming out on irc! It is sweeter then hell! Quake 2x just came out, Castle wolfenstien is comming out soon as well as Quake 3! GTA3 has been a big rumor....I guess a group figured how to port pc games to the xbox!

DrunkTank - you don't have weapons or anything you are confined in a camp and have to sneak around try to get into restriced areas, do some "missions" for some people and so on....I don't believe you will ever get any type of weapon, it really isn't that type of game!

Spaztic
07-23-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy
dude every game and more is comming out on irc! It is sweeter then hell! Quake 2x just came out, Castle wolfenstien is comming out soon as well as Quake 3! GTA3 has been a big rumor....I guess a group figured how to port pc games to the xbox! Hey snoop there are quite a few sites that actually will mod the xbox for you!

DrunkTank - you don't have weapons or anything you are confined in a camp and have to sneak around try to get into restriced areas, do some "missions" for some people and so on....I don't believe you will ever get any type of weapon, it really isn't that type of game! So far the game has really been "lack-luster" so I am not expecting much! Hopefully it gets better!

Keltiks
07-23-2002, 12:23 PM
That website is not loading because I am at work. But what IRC server and channel do you go to.

Snoopy7548
07-23-2002, 12:34 PM
dude every game and more is comming out on irc! It is sweeter then hell! Quake 2x just came out, Castle wolfenstien is comming out soon as well as Quake 3! GTA3 has been a big rumor....I guess a group figured how to port pc games to the xbox!

oh my god, are you serious? dude, im missing out on a ton of stuff. i NEED my xbox to be modded, but i dont want to cause im afraid ill mess up. did u mod your xbox? if so, was it easy? can u explain to me how? im gonna do it, i have to. lol.

dave_m123
07-23-2002, 01:49 PM
POW is out in europe

Spaztic
07-23-2002, 02:53 PM
....is it really thats probably the release I got....enclave just came out on irc as well.

hey snoopy once my forums come back up on the site I mod I will let you know! If you want I will help you get hooked up...k?

Snoopy7548
07-23-2002, 03:04 PM
yea. that would be sweet. do u have a dvd burner? i was wondering, someone on irc said that they burned a game, and it was 1.3 gigs for each cd. why wouldnt they just do it on one dvd? instead of doing it on 2 dvds? that just doesnt make any sense.

Spaztic
07-23-2002, 04:24 PM
so far only a handful of games have to be burnt on a dvd....the others can be burnt on cdrw's, if the game fits fully on a dvd a group will release a cd version that has the intro movie downsampled, which isn't really noticable!

Keltiks
07-23-2002, 04:27 PM
Shaggy, do you think you could PM me some info also. I am very interested in doing this. I had done with my friend's dreamcast and it was very useful.

faceoff508
07-23-2002, 04:31 PM
Isnt this illegal? Your cheating the company and ruining the Xboxes futre.

Spaztic
07-23-2002, 04:31 PM
all my tutorials are on the forums of the site I mod! The service provider crashed so as soon as it comes up, I will let you all know! Just in case pm to remind me!

faceoff508
07-23-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
Could someone please explain to me what modding is?

Its something illegal that criminals do:D

faceoff508
07-23-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
O I see..how do you do it...
jk can it ruin your system:cool:

I am not kidding it is illegal. You need to be trained to do it. If you do it wrong your Xbox or your console breaks.

Snoopy7548
07-23-2002, 04:50 PM
no, u shouldnt stay away from it. all you do is you have to solder a modchip to your xbox (you could break/damage your xbox if youre not careful, or if you dont know what youre doing). but if you do that, and its fine. then its the greatest thing ever. i mean, with a modchip for the xbox, theres no limits to what you can do. people are already porting pc games over to the xbox, and u need a modchip to play them. you can get linux on the xbox. you can play emulators on the xbox. its not just for pirating games. theres a ton of awesome stuff you can do with a modchip, so thats why ill probly get one

faceoff508
07-23-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
no, u shouldnt stay away from it. all you do is you have to solder a modchip to your xbox (you could break/damage your xbox if youre not careful, or if you dont know what youre doing). but if you do that, and its fine. then its the greatest thing ever. i mean, with a modchip for the xbox, theres no limits to what you can do. people are already porting pc games over to the xbox, and u need a modchip to play them. you can get linux on the xbox. you can play emulators on the xbox. its not just for pirating games. theres a ton of awesome stuff you can do with a modchip, so thats why ill probly get one

and you frogot to mention it was illegal.

Plewis
07-23-2002, 04:53 PM
im debating whether or not to get a mod chip. Not for the xbox games, but for PC games, emulators, and linux...

EDIT: how much does a modchip cost? and your site aint workin

Snoopy7548
07-23-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

and you frogot to mention it was illegal.

yea, but who cares? its not like microsoft is gonna find out. thousands of people pirated the psx and hardly anyone got caught. the only people who got caught were the ones selling the games on the black market or online. but for what the xbox can do, you should really get a modchip

faceoff508
07-23-2002, 05:00 PM

yea, but who cares? its not like microsoft is gonna find out. thousands of people pirated the psx and hardly anyone got caught. the only people who got caught were the ones selling the games on the black market or online. but for what the xbox can do, you should really get a modchip

How much will it cost? And you know Microsoft is fighting the war against modding. It just closed like two sites!!

Plewis
07-23-2002, 05:01 PM
what if when you get xbox live it secretly searches for a modchip and then they send cops to your house and KILL YOU!!!:eek: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

:rolleyes: :D ;) :)

Snoopy7548
07-23-2002, 05:02 PM
haha. faceoff, you can get one for like 20 bucks i think. i saw it at some site

Snoopy7548
07-23-2002, 05:05 PM
yea, but the risk would be worth it. i mean, we would finally be able to play GTA3 on the xbox.:p

faceoff508
07-23-2002, 05:06 PM
haha. faceoff, you can get one for like 20 bucks i think. i saw it at some site

The risks just out wheigh the fun. I a wussy:(

symposiumx
07-23-2002, 05:12 PM

oh my god, are you serious? dude, im missing out on a ton of stuff. i NEED my xbox to be modded, but i dont want to cause im afraid ill mess up. did u mod your xbox? if so, was it easy? can u explain to me how? im gonna do it, i have to. lol.

cut-scene to a month later...after snoopy accidently fried his beloved Xbox

[Snoopy] "For the love of god....why GOD WHYYYY!!!!" <obscene sobbings mixed with curses so foul, they'd make a drunken sailor blush>

it does sound tempting...I'd just hate to lose my Xbox to an accident. I'd have to go back to my old hobby (giving lap dances to transexual midgets)

Snoopy7548
07-23-2002, 05:14 PM
lol yea. thats the only thing im worried about. if there was a place around here that soldered stuff, id bring it to them. but i dont think id do it myself. although, my dad could probly help me. or my dads friend. my dads friend has soldered a lot of stuff i think.

symposiumx
07-23-2002, 05:24 PM
lol yea. thats the only thing im worried about. if there was a place around here that soldered stuff, id bring it to them. but i dont think id do it myself. although, my dad could probly help me. or my dads friend. my dads friend has soldered a lot of stuff i think.

then if they mess it up, you can blame them and make then buy you a new box!! mu ha ha ha!!

DIGITAL
07-24-2002, 03:14 AM
first ask a pro if your gonna mod your xbox you need to be an air tight room so no dust gets on the motherboard,an i think microsoft will fry your xbox if you try go live with a mod chip,an i know id rather play xbox live then getting the chance to play /gta3 ,which we can allready play on pcs an ps2

Spaztic
07-24-2002, 09:18 AM
....ok the mod chip replaces the bios w/ the modded bios, you can have a switch that you can switch between the two, so when going online flip the switch and you are good to go!

Faceoff...yes it is "illegal" but then again so are mp3's and I am sure most people here have them!

My forums are down because the host decided that they are going to move servers and not let anyone know! Those basterds! Once it comes back up I will let yall know!

I didn't mod my xbox to pirate games, granted that is a benefit! I want to play emulators, in other words I can play any game on any system right on my xbox. Also with a xbox media player I can stream video from my computers harddrive down to my living room and play movies on my tv! I also did it because I wanted macrovision off! Also when the time comes linux will be advailable. I can now use cheep media to transfer my music files! I don't burn hella games and play them, I honestly try them out and then erase! I want the xbox to succed so I still buy the games that I want to play! Oh yeah the mod also makes your xbox region free, so if a game comes out in Europe before the us, you can order it in europe and then play it before it comes to the us! Kinda like me and pow!

I talked to my boy, he said he will mod all your xboxs if you want. It will be $60 + shipping. Once my site goes back up check it out to get alot more detailed and better info!

Snoopy7548
07-24-2002, 10:49 AM
so u can play ps2 games on your xbox now? thats so awesome. maybe ill send it out to you to get it modded. but all im afraid of is it being damaged or lost during shipping.

Keltiks
07-24-2002, 12:40 PM
He can't play actual PS2 games....He can load an emulator on his xbox that can play ps2 games if he has the roms?

Im confused....could you clear this up a little shaggy?

Spaztic
07-24-2002, 01:12 PM
no you can't play actual ps2 games you need to find there emulator....they are comming out daily for all the different games!

Plewis
07-24-2002, 02:05 PM
the forums are back up. I found a site that sells mod chips for 30 bucks... Shaggy... I want to play other systems games on my xbox... and I wanna go on xbox live.... so should I guy the Enigmah chip or is there one thats better. price isnt really a factor as long as its good and under 80 bucks:D thanks

wulff
07-24-2002, 03:41 PM
I would be intersted in the mod if they could get the original plan back to have progressive scan dvd feature back on.It is there i have read.

Spaztic
07-24-2002, 04:39 PM
ok.....the site is finally back up.....

plewis the enigmah is good but it cannot be upgraded if future updates come out! The site you were on sells homebrew chips...I would send hevnsnt a pm on that site and ask him if he can install a switch on the chip for you if you buy one from his site! All the chips really do the same thing, but I don't think the non-homebrew ones have switches, that is why I got mine from this site! plus I know the dude that does the installing...if you are really unsure about the install he will give you the chip and switch installed for ~$60 + shipping, not bad considering the enigmah costs at least 60 just to get the chip....Like I said pm hevnsnt he is the owner of the site and will help you out more then I can!

Wulff- the progressive scan feature I believe was a hardware feature so, the progressive scan feature is unfortunatly not going to be advailable...sorry!

Plewis
07-24-2002, 04:46 PM
if you are really unsure about the install he will give you the chip and switch installed for ~$60 + shipping, not bad considering the enigmah costs at least 60 just to get the chip

the enigmah mod costs 30... and also... if I send him my xbox he will install the mod and then send it back and I just have to pay 60 plus shipping... and it has the switch for online?:eek: and could I really trust him with my xbox... and would he be liable if he messed up on it...

smashnp934
07-24-2002, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I wanna play an old Atari classic (sarcastic tone):

Johnson & Johnson Tooth Protectors

on my XBOX!

Plewis
07-24-2002, 07:45 PM
im thinkin more of like playing GTA3 or Medal of Honor... maybe Chrono Trigger and Zelda 3 but those are really the only 2 on SNES =

Woocifer
07-24-2002, 11:45 PM
You know when I had the ability to do this stuff on the Dreamcast it killed my entire interest in it... all the games I was playing and all the things open for me to do killed my attention span on every game that was out. Even if it was an amazing game and an interesting game I'd play it for minutes and then try the next one...hell I became more interested to just know that I owned all the games I could...it sucked hairy balls...

I dunno if modding is the best thing when I think about it...

vic2003
07-25-2002, 12:05 AM
do u have a list of the games that you can already play on a modded xbox... also how do u get thesee games?