PDA

View Full Version : You guys are sick.....

bluace98
07-23-2002, 11:03 AM
I owned 2k2 for dreamcast and Xbox, and I owned madden 2001 for ps1 and madden 2002 for Xbox. I have a very good basis to compare. 2k2 was a great game in its self but if we are talking about progress over previous games, there was not much difference between 2k1 and 2k2 football. However for madden 2001--->2002 the graphics were much better the "franchise mode" was easier to control and understand. My biggest complaint for any sports game is computer controlled players. I don't care about offense because that is usually the easiest part in any sports game. My concern is always the AI's defense reaction. Now you guys must admit, if I am playing with the Bears(i'm from that killa CHI) Urlacher should be able to see a sweep coming and shut that mess down at least 50% of the time. On 2k2, that was not happening...hell Warrick Dunn would sometimes outrun Urlacher and stiff arm him....STIFF ARM URLACHER TO GET AWAY...that is unrealistic and that's what i mean. I mean if I play with the Eagles(2nd fav team)against the Rams.....there is no way Issac Bruce should kill Troy Vincent on every route. Warrick Dunn should not be able to play defensive end and not be put on his azz or maybe even hurt by Tony Bosellli. These are things that you can do in 2k2 that **** me off. I'm going to buy it just because of the online feature, but to me...2k series(football only now) is like Kobe Bryant when he first came into the league...you know he's going to be good but for now there are a lot of things he needs to work on to be the best and you know he will do it soon. SO NAH NAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
holla back

consolegamer
07-24-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by bluace98
I owned 2k2 for dreamcast and Xbox, and I owned madden 2001 for ps1 and madden 2002 for Xbox. I have a very good basis to compare. 2k2 was a great game in its self but if we are talking about progress over previous games, there was not much difference between 2k1 and 2k2 football. However for madden 2001--->2002 the graphics were much better the "franchise mode" was easier to control and understand. My biggest complaint for any sports game is computer controlled players. I don't care about offense because that is usually the easiest part in any sports game. My concern is always the AI's defense reaction. Now you guys must admit, if I am playing with the Bears(i'm from that killa CHI) Urlacher should be able to see a sweep coming and shut that mess down at least 50% of the time. On 2k2, that was not happening...hell Warrick Dunn would sometimes outrun Urlacher and stiff arm him....STIFF ARM URLACHER TO GET AWAY...that is unrealistic and that's what i mean. I mean if I play with the Eagles(2nd fav team)against the Rams.....there is no way Issac Bruce should kill Troy Vincent on every route. Warrick Dunn should not be able to play defensive end and not be put on his azz or maybe even hurt by Tony Bosellli. These are things that you can do in 2k2 that **** me off. I'm going to buy it just because of the online feature, but to me...2k series(football only now) is like Kobe Bryant when he first came into the league...you know he's going to be good but for now there are a lot of things he needs to work on to be the best and you know he will do it soon. SO NAH NAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
holla back

Look. Between 2k and 2k1, the improvements were graphics, running game and online play. The difference between 2k1 and 2k2 were more focused on the passing game and spin moves. Not much different on Dreamcast but that's because they were concentrating on the Xbox and PS2 versions. Dreamcast was on it's way out and we should be lucky it did come out for it. The Xbox version of 2k2 is fantastic. i'm buying 2K3 and Madden. I like them both equally. Fever.....well.....hmmm...sucks!!!

cityson
07-26-2002, 06:32 PM
Sport games are always the same thing over and over again.....I think a game developer should make 1 ver. then never release anymore but gamers will be able to download patches every year. So we don't have to buy new ones.

consolegamer
07-30-2002, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by cityson
Sport games are always the same thing over and over again.....I think a game developer should make 1 ver. then never release anymore but gamers will be able to download patches every year. So we don't have to buy new ones.

Game developers could make the biggest, baddest football monster of a game if they wanted to. Unfortunately, money plays a big part in this. If they made the be all- end all of football games, they would be out of business real quick.