PDA

View Full Version : Strange wording at EBWorld.com

tennyson
07-23-2002, 03:48 PM
This isn't anything important, maybe I'm just understanding it wrong, but why are XBoxes labeled as "refurbished" at EBWorld.com when Gamecube and PS2 are labeled "preowned"? Is there a difference, or am I to believe that only XBoxes break down?

tennyson
07-23-2002, 03:56 PM
Still, I find it odd that there are no refurbished PS2s or Gamecubes.

--------

Topic: I was looking into buying one of your refurbished XBox systems through EBGames. How reliable are they? What type of criteria do they have to pass, and do they come with the same warranty as a brand new XBox?

Christian: John, welcome to Xbox interactive online support. My name is Christian, I am here to assist you.

John: Hi, nice to talk to you

Christian: We are not involved in the retail process. Please contact the retailer for more information.

John: Ok, thanks

Christian: John, for your convenience and future reference, you will receive by e-mail a detailed transcript of our chat, including all site links. Thank you for using Xbox Interactive Online Support.
----------

PSYCH0 GUY
07-23-2002, 05:31 PM
refurbished means that it originally had a defect but got sent back to microsoft to get fixed.. u can usually get good deals on refurbished items and are usually cheaper

Reclaimer
07-23-2002, 08:48 PM
There is nothing generally wrong with a refurbished unit. Yes it was broken, but it was repaired (maybe not by MS) to MS standards. It just depends on how you feel about purchasing a former broken item.

I bought a refurbished Laptop from Compaq at their outlet store. I saved 700 dollars off the list price for a new unit. What I was shown was that the screen was broken during shipping to an area store. The unit was sent to Compaq for repair then sent to the Outlet store to make profit. I've had it for 5 months now and it's perfect. You couldn't tell the screen was broken or it was repaired. Runs as good as my hand built computer, if not better. The only thing you can tell that is different is that there is the letter "R" in front of the serial number indicating it is a reburb unit.
But again it's up to you.

Yannie Boy
07-24-2002, 09:54 AM
All of Eb And ebx are xbox haters. i went to ebx (same as ebworld.com just people) and they were saying that gamecube is more fun and that they enjoy playing supermonkeyball or what every it's called. they say that halo is just an other shooter that is going to fail. but that's not what happened right??? halo is a million dollar seller. once my friend got kicked out of the store for saying the specs of xbox and compareing them to the gamecube specs and saying that gamecube sucks.