PDA

View Full Version : Which console will die first

XBOX Dude
10-28-2001, 11:41 AM
well which one's gonna kick the bucket first

eman
10-28-2001, 12:12 PM
If Microsoft can prove that their console gaming, all three are to stay. My standards towards gaming are constantly put under a microscope for any underachieved flaws. And from what I’m seeing now, and for the future, theres no better time to be a gamer.

Dasutin
10-28-2001, 05:49 PM
how will gamecube or ps2 die? nintendo and sony have been around so long they have loyal fans, so they'll never die... microsoft is new in the gamiing world besides pc, and we all know the pc games aren't all that good. so xbox can be the only that dies, but i highly doubt it, it has great graphics and speed.

eman
10-28-2001, 06:33 PM
I don’t know, its hard to tell what the xbox can really do. From what I’ve seen in there presentation, It really doesn’t say a lot. I mean if we were in the eighties and saw these game’s of today we would be blown away. But we are now, this is it, it gets a little better but not that much more. So when I see the graphics between these consoles there really isn’t that much of a difference visually, than again game play’s everything.

Dan Livingston
10-28-2001, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Dasutin
how will gamecube or ps2 die? nintendo and sony have been around so long they have loyal fans, so they'll never die... microsoft is new in the gamiing world besides pc, and we all know the pc games aren't all that good. so xbox can be the only that dies, but i highly doubt it, it has great graphics and speed.

man, you talk a lot of ****. first of all, sony hasn't been around for long. only 1 console. and they obviously didn't learn any thing, because they launched with too few units, a console that is hard to develop for, and games that suck (they have good games now, i'm saying the launched games sucked)

Nintendo has been around a long time, and will not go out of buisiness, because the hand held market is such a runaway success, and they have no competitors. it dosen't matter how long you've been around. Sega had 2 good consoles under their belt when they made the Dreamcast. it was kick ass, and had kick ass games. they still bit the dust.

Microsoft's games on the pc were good. maybe they weren't your taste, but they were great pc games, with tons of quality.

dimwit
10-29-2001, 11:21 AM
My guess is GC. According to some Japanese gaming website, PS2s are still outselling GCs per week in Japan. I think Nintendo will quit losing money on hardware consoles (besides handheld) and just make big bucks on games like Sega. MS and Sony have other enterprises to keep them going besides console gaming.

l Maximus l
10-29-2001, 11:37 AM
I voted that the PS2 would bite the dust first. It will take awhile, though...The reason is because XBox has many of the same games but are much much better and more improved.

GameCube, on the other hand, has many of their own games which will not be found on the XBox (which I am utterly grateful about!!!). I'm turning 26 soon and the last thing I want on my XBox is a Nintendo kiddie game. But, GameCube will do very well with the younger audience and the system is less expensive, so, parents will fling to this system to buy for their kids. If I was a parent, I probably would do the same thing, that is, if I wasn't into games.

So, PS2 has a lot of worries right now...virtually ALL the XBox games are better, faster, more powerful, and have a lot of excellent additions and functions in the game...Ps2 has A LOT to worry about.

-Max

eman
10-29-2001, 11:37 AM
Nintendo’s the only one not losing money on their hardware. Game cube that is. If Nintendo can pull this off , and from what I’ve seen so far I think they will.Their franchises are enough to stay in the game. As far as gaming goes,it’s the gamers who keep them alive not their enterprises.

MensurB
10-29-2001, 11:39 AM
definently the game cube, Ibelieve, I know the xbox and ps2 will be there for a long time.

eman
10-29-2001, 11:45 AM
See one thing maximus, you should never give your age, this leaves you vulnerable to your opinions. One might make a hasty judgment just from your age.

l Maximus l
10-29-2001, 02:19 PM
Eman. I can care less if everyone knows that I am turning 26 next month. How does this make me vulnerable? Do I care what people think about me? By the way, I'm a very secure dude...I don't give a rat's ass what people say about me...So, your point holds no merit.

Eman...have a beer or something :D

-Max

Plasticman
10-29-2001, 02:25 PM
I don't think any of them are going to kick the bucket, and I'm not sure if there's any way to measure success either. Sales and shipments could also include returns. I believe the better system will be the one with the better games, and that alone doesn't sell systems as there's a lot of fanboys out there.

We'll see what happens. Keep in mind that the Genesis had a huge 2 year lead over the Snes, and look how close it came to catching the Genesis. Snes was clearly the better system.

eman
10-29-2001, 03:42 PM
You can say ass without the stupid uppercase, now I’m rejoiced .

l Maximus l
10-29-2001, 04:22 PM
Now that I think about it, I think both PS and GC will both die...PS first, though...

I base this on the fact that people are looking more so for a true next generation console... PS and Nintendo are just trying to play "catch up" to prevent themselves from crashing. But, Microsoft will take all.... Good bye to the old, in with the new...XBOX rulz

vash the stampede
10-29-2001, 05:58 PM
Nintendo’s the only one not losing money on their hardware. Game cube that is.

DO U HAVE BRAIN DAMAGE?

microsoft, losing 150 dollars a consol,
Nintendo, 180 dollars a consol.

u really shuoldn't assume nintendo is not losing money cause the systems got less power. If any system is not losing money, it is sony, i mean, 300 for a piece of sh*t?

Satch
10-29-2001, 09:28 PM
GEEZ! i HATE when ppl talk $hit about how the xbox is MS first console and thats why it will fail. HELLO!! playstation was sony's first console and look how succesfull the PS was. duh! and MS has more potentual than sony so nobody should use that excuse to say the xbox will fail. how can it fail??? its xbox for cryin out loud.

SciFi
10-29-2001, 09:36 PM
What? they loosen' 180 on the sorry xcuse for a consel?????:confused: :confused:
um... i belive that the gamecube will kick the bucket, first they have been goin' down since ps poped up.

Rancey
10-31-2001, 01:59 AM
Gamecube and Xbox are definetely both being sold at a loss...I don't know if it is as high as that though because that is a fair chunk.

eman> You could always say it ;)

rivalius13
10-31-2001, 09:24 AM
if i had to choose one id pick PS2 cause i want the xbox and GCN to suceed

DO U HAVE BRAIN DAMAGE?

microsoft, losing 150 dollars a consol,
Nintendo, 180 dollars a consol.

u really shuoldn't assume nintendo is not losing money cause the systems got less power. If any system is not losing money, it is sony, i mean, 300 for a piece of sh*t? they are losing the least. that figure is wrong. its far less

l Maximus l
10-31-2001, 12:12 PM
If anyone is losing money by the console alone, it's gotta be Microsoft's XBox...but this will not hurt Microsoft...they are the richest company in the world!!!! They will make plenty...I mean PLENTY of money from the games alone. I understand that to mass produce the games, each game will only cost them $3 to make...and they cost $49.99 each...the margin is huge on the games.

The console, on the other hand, should cost about $900 in my opinion. If you think about it this way: If you were going to buy every option individually that the XBox has, it would probably cost $900 retail (not to develop, of course). Talk about an amazing value for us gamers!! It's only $299!!! We are practically stealing this thing! I'm almost dumbfounded on how inexpensive the XBox is...game playing has never been so good.:D

WynnFire
11-03-2001, 02:38 AM
As much as this pains me to say this, I have to. Either earlier this year or late last year and read an article about the PS3. Yes PlayCrap (I mean station) 3. Some engineer or something said that the graphics chip or cpu was all ready to go for a Playstation 3 and that they could release it as early as next year. I don't know how reliable that guy is but, even if the PS2 does go out first, you can be **** sure Sony will be back with another console. From what I hear, they are going to be in the videogame business for a long time to come.

Of course, what really ****es me off is that, if it wasn't for Nintendo, Sony's (piece of crap) playstation would probably never had existed. I love Nintendo and have stuck by them for many many years but, if they keep making stupid mistakes then I am just going to have to go somewhere else. I can guarantee it won't be to sony. I already tried Sega but now they are out of the videogame hardware business. I have owned just about every console that has come out since the NES excpept for Playstation 1 and 2. Yes, even the very short lived Virtual Boy. I still have it too.

CharlesDD2
11-03-2001, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by WynnFire

I have owned just about every console that has come out since the NES excpept for Playstation 1 and 2. Yes, even the very short lived Virtual Boy. I still have it too.

Wow, Virtual Boy, I forgot all about that, well that and Atari Jaguar, but there's a good reason why we've all forgotten about the Jaguar.