PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Played Spashdown?

lllSmokelll
07-23-2002, 05:32 PM
ive read some reviews and it got some good scores....anyone played it yet....gameinformer gave it a 9.25

Zion
07-23-2002, 06:22 PM
Yeah, it's pretty cool. I rented it, if I can find it for like $25 I'll buy it. It mops the floor with Waverace for Gamecube.

studepaber
07-23-2002, 06:49 PM
I have bought and traded in this game mainly because I think it got boring after awhile. Sure this game has its good points, nice graphics, lotsa things to unlock, crazy tricks, although it plays identical to the PS2 version and the new boards added to the Xbox version were not that great. I was hoping this version of the game would improve in the wave physics a little (that's one thing I liked about Waverace, BIG WAVES). All in all, I'd give it a rental at best unless you really love jetski racing.

Spaztic
07-24-2002, 02:29 PM
I got it and really like it, I noticed it only has 20 tracks though....Overall I really like it, the custom soundtrack is sweet, and some of the levels are breath taking, this is how water should look! Hey give it a try! at least a rental!

greggp666
07-24-2002, 11:55 PM
i rented it and really liked it. its a fun racing game. when i get some cash or if i can find it used its all mine.

ihatemsu2001
08-02-2002, 10:31 AM
i bought it and its a pretty cool game but it gets a little boring after u beat it in all modes and unlock evrything but its still fun

zfBRAT
08-11-2002, 02:33 AM
I just purchased it today, and I can't wait to play it :) I don't think I'll regret this deal, because I went ape for SSX Tricky on Xbox... :p

Zion
08-11-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy
I got it and really like it, I noticed it only has 20 tracks though....Overall I really like it, the custom soundtrack is sweet, and some of the levels are breath taking, this is how water should look! Hey give it a try! at least a rental!

ONLY 20 tracks?!???! Good Lord, man! Most games like this have maybe 4 tracks!! You should be thankful.

And by the way...it has 22 tracks.

hook-worm J
08-13-2002, 01:59 AM
I really want to get it.. But I wouldn't pay the full $50 for it. I hate renting things b/c if I like it, then I just wasted like $5 when I could have just bought it to begin with. Although, if i bought it and didn't like it, then I wasted a lot more, but thats what the trading post here at XBA is for :p I hope the price will drop soon.

Comic Book Guy
08-13-2002, 10:03 PM
This game is fun, until it gets repetative, repetative, repetative. I reapeat myself because it is repetative!

zfBRAT
08-14-2002, 01:20 AM
It's a good game, but I paid $43 for it. It's no SSX Tricky, though. That'd make it rock, if you could do multiple special stunts when the meter's full.