PDA

View Full Version : Xbox going Global

SkoalMint
07-24-2002, 08:02 AM
Found this article here (http://www.xengamers.com/sections/news/8067/)

----------------------------------
Microsoft revealed today that it is planning to release the Xbox game console in several new territories this year. As part of a continuing global expansion for the Xbox brand, regional launches of the console are being planned for South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Mexico and New Zealand. Specifics regarding launch dates, pricing, and associated software release schedules will be disclosed in the coming weeks. This comes just six months after Sony introduced the PlayStation 2 console in South Korea and Hong Kong.

"We're moving into new territories faster than any other gaming platform in history, highlighting our global commitment and investment for the future of Xbox around the world," said John O'Rourke, director of worldwide Xbox marketing at Microsoft. "These six territories were selected because of the high interest in intense Xbox games and because many of them are hotbeds for online gaming."
------------------------------------

This could have a very positive effect on Xbox sales. Especially if they also get Xbox Live and a good online RTS or RPG. I know from my Battle.net days, that the Koreans just ate that stuff up.

Xbox Owner
07-24-2002, 10:56 AM
Man, Microsoft is working there ass off to make xbox not fail. they are doin pretty good..

Keltiks
07-24-2002, 12:35 PM
Phat, a fellow XBA dipper.

Anyway, in a sense xbox did fail (I don't see how they will come out making money on this product), but as far as putting their foot in the door, Microsoft has made and will continue to further their impact in the video game market. So that in itself is a success.

robnyack
07-24-2002, 06:11 PM
Anyway, in a sense xbox did fail (I don't see how they will come out making money on this product),

well, I am hardly going to make uninformed guesses as to how much money they will or wont make on the xbox, but, clearly microsoft knew going into this that the xbox was only going to lay the battlelines and build the foundation. That usually means, losing money.

However, they have also known from the beginning that the REAL war is going to be xbox2 vs ps3. That's when it's going to get REAL interesting. And you know what, it can only mean good things for the consumer.

Aussie_18
07-25-2002, 03:19 AM
I just wish microsoft would tell us aussies wether we were getting xbox live or not and when... ****** we are all going crazy... i swear if we dont get it i will consider moving to the united states!!

BCan
07-25-2002, 04:50 AM
Seems like MS has done the slowly, slowly approach to the XBOX, and where it is currently sold...

See how Australia was one of the rare other places they sold the XBOX outside of Europe and Nth America. Hopefully might mean a decent chance of XBOX Live servers here in Australia.

Notice that the latest current independent sales figures has the XBOX as the best console release so far. Quickest console to get 3 launch titles to sales of 1 Million. Sales up 131%, i.e. over double, sold over 10 million software units, only on the way up....

Lets just say the XBOX is like a rock at the top of the hill, takes a little but to get it going, but once it gathers speed and momentum, nothing will stop it..

Rancey
07-25-2002, 05:57 AM
I can't believe it's not going to be in New Zealand until now. I've always thought NZ got their consoles the same time as Australia, and honestly I'm dissapointed. I myself am half New Zealand, and if I were living in New Zealand atm I wouldn't be happy at all.

E-Vader
07-25-2002, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
I myself am half New Zealandl.

Baaaaabaaaaabaaaaaa

lol j/k sorry jason couldent help it:D