PDA

View Full Version : I think EA took out online play with Madden because......

consolegamer
07-24-2002, 08:26 AM
They know it won't compare to fever or 2K3. I just read that fever and 2K3 are going to have so many improvements it's not even funny. EA is rehash after rehash. I like Madden and think it's a great game, but by far 2K2 IS superior and if fever can make all the improvements promised, Madden 2003 will be in the bargain bin sooner than expected. I think EA knows that. They have been giving PS2 owners rehash after rehash and getting away with it. Us Xbox owners expect more than a rehash. Xbox is an online machine and Madden being without it is a major mistake. It's inexcusable, makes no sense and flat out LAZY REHASH PROGRAMMING:cool:

bluace98
07-24-2002, 09:07 AM
its hard to be innovative when you have no competition....EA has had no comp for nearly 6 yrs b4 2k2 came out...but you guys have to admit...2k/Fever are just adding modes that madden has had for a while(franchise with salary caps/easy mode/training). If i were EA, why change what works(u saw what happened when they tried to change nba live, garbage game). The only reason people are talking bad about madden is because they finally have some comp. i bet none of you guys were talking this Madden sux stuff 3 yrs ago. No i don't work for EA or anything but to me...the other football games are Finally catching up to Madden after 10yrs in the biz, ya know? but i'm still buying 2k3, hopefully you can play pass d on this game.

Bakeman
07-24-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by bluace98
its hard to be innovative when you have no competition....EA has had no comp for nearly 6 yrs b4 2k2 came out...but you guys have to admit...2k/Fever are just adding modes that madden has had for a while(franchise with salary caps/easy mode/training). If i were EA, why change what works(u saw what happened when they tried to change nba live, garbage game). The only reason people are talking bad about madden is because they finally have some comp. i bet none of you guys were talking this Madden sux stuff 3 yrs ago. No i don't work for EA or anything but to me...the other football games are Finally catching up to Madden after 10yrs in the biz, ya know? but i'm still buying 2k3, hopefully you can play pass d on this game.

I have been been talking trash on madden since 2000, I have owned so many Madden's... not all of them but most of them. And everytime I would always talk trash on it and would always be mad that someone couldn't do better. Now I don't have to play madden :)

robnyack
07-24-2002, 06:24 PM
I think in the end, EA will be the ones who are sorry they did not go with xbox live, not xbox gamers. I have a feeling that with NFL2k3 and Fever 2003 both online playable, and both looking to be great games, madden 2003 will quickly be forgotten about by xbox gamers.

In the end, EAs loss, not ours is my prediction.

Marc
07-25-2002, 12:13 PM
I hope you're right, but a lot of it might come down to release date. I will miss MAdden though, I've always loved that game.

Bluace, ITA with your argument. Those are valid points that most everyone overlooks. If Madden Had online play this year I would buy it in a heartbeat.

GRAVEDIGGER
08-04-2002, 08:07 PM
You all made some pretty dam good points, and the biggest one of all that i've been saying since i got here is Madden has been at it since Way back in 1989, of course they have to get the ***** right by now. I think they took out online play for madden because they are a slew of non-heterosexuals bent on ****in the rest of the XBOX sports gaming world off.

*On a side note*
I'm tellin you EA is out to screw the BOX, they cancelled Medal of Honor: Allied Assault(which they promised ago) and are giving us a port of Medal of Honor: Frontline instead. So its only natural that they would do something like this when it comes to the XBOX. No wonder thousands of XBOX owners have signed that Boycott form, agreeing to only buy their games by way of trade or used so now they will feel some pain and pay attention to the XBOX.

Untill next time...:mad:

robnyack
08-05-2002, 09:57 PM
I think they took out online play for madden because they are a slew of non-heterosexuals bent on ****in the rest of the XBOX sports gaming world off.

what the f*** are you talking about?

my god.

GRAVEDIGGER
08-10-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by robnyack

what the f*** are you talking about?

my god.

*Sigh* I feel like i'm in english class again...Take Note:
Calm Down son, relax and read it to your self aloud and it might sound like another person's(me) opinion:rolleyes:

robnyack
08-10-2002, 07:34 AM
i could care less what you thought you were saying. It was just a stupid-ass thing to say.

CrazyCougar
08-10-2002, 05:46 PM
Well I am very disappointed Madden did not come to the Xbox with online play. And yes porting is kind of a let down too. But, EA is a large company and doesn't have the time to make each game indivual for each system. They want to ship, and ship in bulk. So little changes between each platform makes it very easy for them to get copies to every system. You will not see EA cater to only one platform out there, not a good practice for them at all.

Anyway, I will still buy Madden as I have since 1990...mostly because of its association with NCAA 2003. It will always be one of the best football sims out there. Notice I said ONE of the best, there are some very promising titles coming forward. Fever could be one if they step back and take a look at it a little. And 2K3 will definitely be a great competitor. As a diehard footabll fan, competition between companies is very exciting to me. This means I am going to get better football games each year as they try to out do each other with another option. Looking forward to all the years ahead.

Okay I'm done rambling..LOL!:eek:

peejay2288
08-10-2002, 06:00 PM
Yes what I'm hearing is true. Madden has been putting out rehashes for the last few years and are finally getting some competition. I think the guys in the EA office are running arouund pi$singing their pants right now. I can see Madden being dethroned in the near future. But in my opinion NFL 2K3 would be the first to do it. Sega has really been on their toes with making 2K3 a better game while the guys at EA have been sleeping. GO SEGA!!!

3 MORE DAYS!!!!

lllSmokelll
08-10-2002, 06:34 PM
they dont support XBL cause they dont support XBOX! :mad:

GRAVEDIGGER
08-10-2002, 06:56 PM
i could care less what you thought you were saying. It was just a stupid-ass thing to say.

I take it you're in love with EA, well while your in bed with em' tell them i said **** you. We're just never gonna agree on this one. You have you're opinion of them, and i have mine. And i dont think it was a stupid thing to say young-1:rolleyes: And i hold my position.

They dont support XBL ;cause they dont support XBOX:mad:

Thats exactly what i think goldberg. Untill they show that they are in this for the long haul like they clearly are with the PS2 then maybe my opinion and many others opinions' of them will change.

robnyack
08-10-2002, 07:12 PM
I take it you're in love with EA

man, you are dense. I have stated many times on these boards that I am pretty POed with EA concerning several of their recent Madden decisions.

GRAVEDIGGER
08-10-2002, 07:21 PM

...I have stated many times on these boards that I am pretty POed with EA concerning several of their recent Madden decisions.

Hmm, well why didnt you make that point in the first place, now i see where you're coming from. I didnt know that because this is one of the first times i've ever seen you in these forums even though you've been here(Registered) for so long. So of course i wouldnt know you're feelings about EA. Anyways, of course i recognize that they can make good games, i'm not oblivious to that fact. But they do so and then turn around and short change the XBOX, thats the part i dont understand and will not accept and or condone.