PDA

View Full Version : Umbra

mticha_21
07-24-2002, 01:32 PM
hey guess compared to ordinators should umbra be more easier than an ordinator or harder/?and by how much im a level 13

RudedogX
07-24-2002, 01:46 PM
it depends on what you have, He's supposed to be very hard compared to the ordinators, but if you strategize and are good enough, you should be able to handle him. I went in stealth mode and took him out before he knew what hit him b/c my atronach was in front of him and I was behind him with a nice sword to his back.

davidx
07-24-2002, 02:03 PM
Why can't I find this chump with the Umbra?

I must have circled Caldera's mountains a zillion times...

X

SlightlySycho
07-24-2002, 02:13 PM
He's east of Suran, not Caldera.

Head South from the city, following the path near the water. It'll loop back North. You'll come to a little open area with some steam vents. Beyond that you should find a fork in the path that goes into the mountains. Take the left path. If you keep the hills on your left, you should find the path that he's on.

Alien
07-24-2002, 03:33 PM
He's pretty easy, but way harder than guards. I would say about 4 Imperial Guards is equal to one of him? Maybe, that's a very rough estimate. I didn't use a Levitation Spell and then shoot him with arrows like most people say to do. Makes it not a challenge. I just used my sword and my Vampiric Ring....sweetness...and a Warrior's Wish Scroll.

davidx
07-24-2002, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

What's a scroll of warrior's wish? Interesting....

I've created a bunch of spells that'll kick Umbra-dude's a$$ (I hope).

X

btw: where can i find a constant-effect gem?

Alien
07-24-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by davidx
Thanks for the info guys.

What's a scroll of warrior's wish? Interesting....

I've created a bunch of spells that'll kick Umbra-dude's a$$ (I hope).

X

btw: where can i find a constant-effect gem? Warrior's Wish does a whole bunch of messed up stuff, like it fills your health, fatigue, and I think it fortifies your strenght. I'm not sure.

SlightlySycho
07-24-2002, 08:20 PM
You need an empty Grand Soul Gem (or Azura's Star) and a Soul Trapping spell, scroll, or item. Next, find a Golden Saint (a golden female daedra that usually has a weapon), or an Ascended Sleeper (a Dagoth Ur minion that looks like a giant squid in a robe), cast the Soul Trap spell on it, and kill it (I wouldn't try this before level twenty at the bare minimum). The soul will go into the Soul Gem. Unless your enchant skill is incredibly high, I'd advise going to an Enchanter next (otherwise you can do it yourself for free, but at a risk of failure). Remember, you'll have to know the spell type you wish to enchant on the item. On the enchanting screen, highlight the box that says "cast when used" and press A to cycle through options until you find constant effect. The only catch is that you can only enchant an item so much. Exquiste items tend to have the highest threshold for enchanting.

davidx
07-24-2002, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the lesson in enchantment. Too bad you can't go crazy with it though.

I was thinking of having a 'longbound sword" combo with summon skeletal warrior and bonewalker. That'd be nutty.

So if you trap a golden saint, can you summon her as your backup?

X

SkoalMint
07-25-2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by davidx
So if you trap a golden saint, can you summon her as your backup?

Trapping a golden saint has nothing to do with summoning one. You have to know the summon golden saint spell. Then you can cast it yourself or enchant an item with it.

If you want to mess around and exploit a glitch in the game you can try this (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17643&highlight=glitch). I tried it myself and it was kinda cool watching 20 golden saints do my bidding, but it got to be a pain as they run to slow to keep up. It was cool tho when I would shoot one of them with my crossbow and all of the rest of them would begin attacking it like a bunch of piranhas having a feeding frenzy.