PDA

View Full Version : ok now I want to know once and for all ...Pgr

odpr
07-24-2002, 01:35 PM
I don't get it, some people say it's the best racing game ever some say it's the worse! I don't get it, what is going with this game?

can somone explain to me about this game and why it get such a mix report ? ? ? ?

anothr thing
can I play it with another person on the same screen ?

bye
o

Snoopy7548
07-24-2002, 01:44 PM
its so awesome. it takes a while to learn it. its really hard at first, but you become much better at it. im really good at it. it lasts you a really long time too. i got it on nov. 15th, and i still havent beaten it (i only have a few more races left in the bonus kudos level). this game is awesome. i highly recommend you buy it. you cant play it with another person on the same screen, its just split screen.

Spaztic
07-24-2002, 02:03 PM
This game blows it is honestly one of the worst racers ever! I rather play the test drive port. Do yourself a favor and rent it!

thebruce
07-24-2002, 02:41 PM
It takes a while to get used to it, but when you do it's great :)

Zion
07-24-2002, 03:24 PM
It's fun at first, but after a while it really blows. It gets to the point that it's so difficult that it's frustrating which takes all the fun out of it.

If you want to race stuff, get Rallisport and Moto GP. They are just in a different league all together.

tennyson
07-24-2002, 03:25 PM
The best thing to do in a situation like this is to rent the game first. I personally think the game is great - it's easy to learn, hard to master, the music is cool and the gameplay and graphics are fantastic.

The general concensus, from what I can tell, is that more people like it than don't. Spend $5 and rent it, that way if you don't like it you're not out the full price of the game.

odpr
07-24-2002, 03:44 PM
how is rally then ?

and still write more about the pgr...
bye
o

thebruce
07-24-2002, 03:58 PM
Rallisport challenge is fantastic... photo-realistic and a sweet drive :)

Plewis
07-24-2002, 04:06 PM
PGR is fun at first... and it just keeps the fun coming... yes... its definitely a hard game... but not frustrating IMO. I love the game. The graphics are also great in my opinion... but I guess you should rent it and find out for yourself!

faceoff508
07-24-2002, 04:11 PM
I dont think you can rent in Isreal. But I might be wrong.

Alec
07-24-2002, 04:13 PM
Out of all my 10 X-Box games this is the only game that drives me over the edge... I have to have a punching bag pretty close to me to take out my anger.....

If you want a good racing game you should wait until Midtown Maddness 3 comes out those games have always been the best in my opinion. It offers you so much freedom.

Plewis
07-24-2002, 04:17 PM
well, he could get a mod chip and download it then play it... then if you like it buy it... or just play the ripped version... but thats illegal:)

odpr
07-24-2002, 04:22 PM
mmmmm...
where can I dl it exectly? :)
bye
o

Plewis
07-24-2002, 04:49 PM
youd have to buy the mod chip... and check out some of the later pages on the "POW Impressions" thread. Thats where shaggy has told us all about mod chips and stuff.... and mod chips go for $30(us dollars) to $70 as what I have seen so far

Snapple
07-24-2002, 05:00 PM
pgr is a fun game and good graphics but the judos part of the game makes you want to beat any person in your path

rili sport is a fun and good looking graphics game but some of the matches will make want to kill(like the hill climb:eek: )

motogp is your best beat this game is easy to play and the graphics are wonderful

get motogp

Zion
07-24-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
well, he could get a mod chip and download it then play it... then if you like it buy it... or just play the ripped version... but thats illegal:)

Don't forget the $400 DVD burner that he'd have to buy. It would probably be cheaper to just rent/buy the game.

Plewis
07-24-2002, 05:27 PM
dont forget that it supports cdr and cdrw's... I was gonna say he needed a cd burner... but I forgot in the last post... those are pretty cheap nowadays and most people already have one at least in the US. I dont know about Israel

Afro Aura
07-24-2002, 07:35 PM
DAMN PIRATES just buy the damn games, you know you'll have a lot of dead games just sitting around in your house not being used

anyway odpr both games are pretty cool it just depends on what sort of game your looking for PGR is just for style and it doesn't give you any lee way RSC is great, as it just crazy in 4 player muli mode as you just can't see the damn corners and you'll see ya friend doing a quick trip over the side of a cliff

but as I said both games are really cool and I'd rent them both to see which one you like the most

PGR also has 4 player muli mode

tWoTOMA
07-24-2002, 07:36 PM
It all depends on your taste.

It's a beautiful game, with great audio, and a hell of a lot of replay value, which are great things...unless all of the tracks are tiny and force you to make a 90 degree turn every few seconds. If you like arcade style racings games then you'll love this.

I personally am more of a GT, SegaGT, and Motor City Online fan, where you have customizable cars and such. I like simulation racing, where cars simply don't take sharp turns at over 100 mph.

Rent the game and see if you like it. Also give Rallisport Challenge a shot. It looks a lot like PGR, but plays a bit better in my opinion. You only have to get over the fact that it's a rally racing game. My money is going to my favorite developer, Sega, for SegaGT in a few months.

To each his own.

Plewis
07-24-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
DAMN PIRATES just buy the damn games, you know you'll have a lot of dead games just sitting around in your house not being used

anyway odpr both games are pretty cool it just depends on what sort of game your looking for PGR is just for style and it doesn't give you any lee way RSC is great, as it just crazy in 4 player muli mode as you just can't see the damn corners and you'll see ya friend doing a quick trip over the side of a cliff

but as I said both games are really cool and I'd rent them both to see which one you like the most

PGR also has 4 player muli mode

did i ever once say I had a mod chip? huh? And I dont... so there!:mad:

well, I am gonna get a mod chip though:D Not to rip off ms... but sony. I am gonna have a PS2 emulator and maybe GCN:)

Bakeman
07-24-2002, 08:00 PM
I was playing PGR last night..
on a 1on1 race two races in a row coming around the last turn (really hard sharp turn, kinda u turn) the computer car would slam into me and send me spinning..

TWO races in a row on the last lap :( I was only slightly TICKED OFF!

I think I did the race like 10 times before I passed it.. after I got so mad at it I just started sucking really bad..

Now I finally am up to the Endurance races..

Afro Aura
07-24-2002, 08:04 PM
Plewis dude I'm not picking on you man it's just the fact that pirates are just everywhere thats all, it would be nice to know that some pirates actaully buy games from the shops and not get all there game on pirate thats all, I'm not against modding so you can play MAME games and imports it's the pirate I'm pi55ed off with

and yes sure you go on and rippppp into Sonys PS2 pockets and bleed them dry the arrogant bastards:)