PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone beaten this guy?

tennyson
07-24-2002, 03:33 PM
I can't remember the name of the tribe offhand, but it starts on a "U" and it's located just to the east of Khuul, on the north shore of Vvardenfell. Anyway, if you go into this tribe's camp, and go into one of the huts, a guy is in there that is not too pleased to see you. If you keep talking to him he will eventually attack.

Maybe it's because I'm a Breton, but has anyone else found this guy to be belligerent and attack on site? When I first saw him, he already hada barrier spell up and kicked my butt multiple times. Is he worth trying to beat? Again sorry for the vagueness, but I can't seem to remember the exact name.

Alien
07-24-2002, 03:35 PM
I also ran into him.....I just blocked his attacks, and then walked out. He might be needed for the Main Quest to become leader of the Ashlanders or whatever....that's why I didn't kill him.

Shadow20002
07-24-2002, 04:37 PM
The two of you are in critical scene of game...but if the main quest is nothing for you so by pass what i"m talking now. First this guy is really in the main quest, second there are no chance for you to continue the main quest if this guy is dead. Try to charm him anyway by the mean...You need to talk to anybody first before talking to him.

Alien
07-24-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
The two of you are in critical scene of game...but if the main quest is nothing for you so by pass what i"m talking now. First this guy is really in the main quest, second there are no chance for you to continue the main quest if this guy is dead. Try to charm him anyway by the mean...You need to talk to anybody first before talking to him. Eh, he can't resist my 100 Personality and bag of gold to bribe him....:p He'll be kissing my feet in less than a minute flat. :D

SlightlySycho
07-24-2002, 05:50 PM
Possible *SPOILER*

You'd be right about that, Alien. If you follow the main quest, you'll find out that Ashlanders give gifts upon meeting somebody new as a sign of trust. Pretty much every Urishlaku you find in a yurt prefers gifts of gold (ie. bribes).

However, my question is if there's any way to advance your standing with the Ashlanders once you've joined? I just can't figure out how to do it. Maybe through the Ahemussa clan, since they don't have an Ashkhan?

Similar question with the Blades. After Caius leaves you sorta lose your single means of advancing in the guild. Is there anybody else who will give you orders?

StudioAlex
07-24-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
Possible *SPOILER*

You'd be right about that, Alien. If you follow the main quest, you'll find out that Ashlanders give gifts upon meeting somebody new as a sign of trust. Pretty much every Urishlaku you find in a yurt prefers gifts of gold (ie. bribes).

However, my question is if there's any way to advance your standing with the Ashlanders once you've joined? I just can't figure out how to do it. Maybe through the Ahemussa clan, since they don't have an Ashkhan?

Similar question with the Blades. After Caius leaves you sorta lose your single means of advancing in the guild. Is there anybody else who will give you orders?

I know you're standing in the Ashlanders is supposed to go up (from clanfriend to hearthfriend and so on) but I'm not sure if it just happens as you complete the trials or if you ask for advancement. I haven't seen anyway to bring it up so I'm assuming it just happens.

As for the blades, i think you weren't paying attention. You're rank as operative pretty much means you're boss of the blades while Caius is gone. You can't really make the other blades do anything but you do outrank all of them. You don't need anyone to assign missions to you because you have the big mission directly from the emperor himself; become the Nerevarine. To do so you basically just take orders from the people at the Urshikalu Camp intsead of Caius himself.

SlightlySycho
07-25-2002, 12:40 PM
Yeah, but the ranking system says I can progress higher in both the Blades and Ashlanders. There has to be some means of advancing in these guilds.

tennyson
07-25-2002, 12:50 PM
Do you have to formally join the Ashlanders or do you automatically have a standing with their faction? What person can you go to to join them?

SlightlySycho
07-25-2002, 01:02 PM
*SPOILER*

When Caius sends you to the Urishilaku camp, they'll give you a quest to see if you're really strong enough to be the Nerevarine. You'll have to retrieve the Bow of Sul Senipuul from a nearby tomb. Once you've done that, the Ashkahn declares you a Clanfriend which inducts you into the starting level of the guild. I think it will occassionally go up as you progress, but I've finished the main quest and I still haven't reached the top level.

vic2003
07-25-2002, 02:02 PM
When Caius sends you to the Urishilaku camp, they'll give you a quest to see if you're really strong enough to be the Nerevarine. You'll have to retrieve the Bow of Sul Senipuul from a nearby tomb. Once you've done that, the Ashkahn declares you a Clanfriend which inducts you into the starting level of the guild. I think it will occassionally go up as you progress, but I've finished the main quest and I still haven't reached the top level.\

im excatially on this same quest. the only problem is that i cant find the bow, its a big @$$ tomb.. can u please tell me where it is located. thanks.

SlightlySycho
07-25-2002, 03:32 PM
Keep going into the tomb (I think it's called the Urishlaku Astral Vaults) until you find a room that has a big waterfall and a large stone pillar in it. There should be a stone ramp that goes arond the column. Keep climbing until you reach the tomb at the very top (I think it's the fourth tomb along the ramp). You should find the Ghost of Sul Senipuul at the very end of that tomb. Kill it and loot the bow.

Keep in mind, the tombs are very dark. You might want to invest in a light source or Night Eye potion. Or you could always just crank up the brightness on your TV.;)

daedric warrior
07-27-2002, 09:45 AM
the bow is at the very top. also if you have levitate or something you should check the mummies out the have glass weapons and armor on them.