PDA

View Full Version : donkey kong for xbox

Snapple
07-24-2002, 04:47 PM
i thought about this earlier when i was thinking about donkey kong on the n64 and thought that it would be pretty awsome to have a donkey kong game for xbox cause i like the donkey kong games:eek:

POD13259
07-24-2002, 06:15 PM
I'm a big fan of DK myself, and I think that would be a great idea.

greggp666
07-24-2002, 11:40 PM
donkey kong is cool but it well never be on the xbox.

SkoalMint
07-25-2002, 06:01 AM
Ahh - Donkey Kong. Brings back alot of fond memories from my arcade days. While I always loved DK as a kid, I was less than impressed with the DK game on the N64. I don't think there is much chance of this coming to Xbox tho as DK is a Nintendo character right up there with Mario and Zelda.

By the way, wasn't the original DK where Mario first made his gaming appearance?

Hugh_Jass
07-25-2002, 11:28 AM
This is why we need MAME for the XBOX.

cityson
07-25-2002, 11:33 AM
No way it's gonnna be on Xbox....Nintendo is not taht stupid giving other companies the first chance....Of course DK will be on GameCube first!

Marc
07-25-2002, 12:07 PM
We need one DVD with 100 games...old arcade games including Mat MAnia, Tag Team Wrestling, Wrestlefest, and all the standard faves like DK, Pac Man, Dig Dug, and Galaga.

shrew king
07-25-2002, 08:35 PM
Donkey Kong is exclusive to Nintendo, but i dont see why, DK64 wasnt very good, the super nintendo one was really the best, I really would like to see the one comin out for GC though, if they push the graphics to the max.

Tkf5000
07-26-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Marc
We need one DVD with 100 games...old arcade games including Mat MAnia, Tag Team Wrestling, Wrestlefest, and all the standard faves like DK, Pac Man, Dig Dug, and Galaga. there is gunna be a dvd with classics on it. but its namco museum and i think it only has 11 games and theres 2 versions of every game and 3 version of pacman or sumthin so theres only like 4 games. and i dont really care for donkey kong. if there is a dk game im sure itll be on gamecube and we have way better games. if dk ever did come out i doubt i would buy it.

TZalos
07-26-2002, 12:02 PM
The only way you ever see DK on the box is if M$ bought out or merged w/ Nintendo..(never happen)

symposiumx
07-26-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Marc
We need one DVD with 100 games...old arcade games including Mat MAnia, Tag Team Wrestling, Wrestlefest, and all the standard faves like DK, Pac Man, Dig Dug, and Galaga.

Namco is coming out with a Namco Museum game disc for Xbox, with pac-man (including variants), dig dug, pole postion, etc.

not 100 games...more like 14 or so

I would liek to see a party game like a game show (you dont know jack but spuced up and more exciting

how about a game like "nickelodeon's double dare" where you have teams that answer questions AND do litte activities....it would be a good mix of like fuzion frency with you dont know jack.

it would be something too "nitchy" maybe....but fun if done right

Supperdog
08-02-2002, 09:54 AM
dude forget DK

if we get DK, that means we get RARE

if we get rare that means we get their

goldeneye (remake? xbox? PLEASE!?!?!)
perfect dark (drool)
jet force gemini (might be cool)

o yeah and perfect dark again :)

Integra Man
08-02-2002, 09:40 PM
donkey kong brings back the greatest memories ever! my favorite is the one for snes. i didnt really like the one for n64 cause i found it too hard to play. but donkey kong is one of nintendos trademark so that would be a no no. i doubt it would come

Supperdog
08-03-2002, 10:12 AM
well if nintendo decides to go the way of sega and quit hardware and go all out on multiplatform software (they are actually considering this, in case you haven't heard!!!) we would probably end up getting rare which would be sweet!!!

shrew king
08-03-2002, 06:34 PM
and where did u hear this Superdogg? link?

y2kash_14
08-03-2002, 11:38 PM
you guys must not have heard the news (referring to the posts by supperdog). Rare is no longer Nintendo exclusive, although the DK Liscence is. Rare is now gonna make multi-console games. I think right now Microsoft and Sony is fighting for right to Perfect Dark Zero.

Supperdog
08-04-2002, 08:35 AM
is that official or is that the old rumor thing about the christmas presents shaped like different systems?

y2kash_14
08-04-2002, 09:03 PM
It's official, its been in numerous magazines

cityson
08-07-2002, 03:18 PM
I know, why are ppl desiring for the impossibles? Donkey Kong, obviously it's from NINTENDO.....NINTENDO have their own systems, so Xbox will NEVER be able to recieve Donkey Kong. End this thread already....