PDA

View Full Version : Please reply if you have played the new EA's NCAA...

Bakeman
07-24-2002, 10:31 PM
Hey guys!

there isn't a video store around that is renting EA's NCAA Football 2003... and it's really driving me nutz.. I DO NOT have the cash to buy it.. and even if I like it I probably won't buy it.. it's College.. BUT I STILL WANT TO PLAY IT!...

Anyways can you guys that have played it tell me abit about it PLEASE!?!?!?!

Anything you want,
Graphics? GamePlay? ANYTHING PLEASE!

How about Gang Tackling???

CharlieHustle
07-25-2002, 07:20 PM
i just got it last night. I have only played like 3-4 games against my homie. It plays just like a polished madden 2002. But ill give my personal review tonight. If you want a ya or nay as far as gettin it. i would say get it, because it is soo fun. Fight songs, mascots, cheerleaders, and the CANES run out in a cloud of smoke.

SlightlySycho
07-25-2002, 08:16 PM
NCAA just came out like two days ago, right? I don't think most rental places get games in stock until the weekend of the release. Check your local place at around four o'clock tomorrow and again on Saturday. They should have it in by then.

Bakeman
07-25-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
NCAA just came out like two days ago, right? I don't think most rental places get games in stock until the weekend of the release. Check your local place at around four o'clock tomorrow and again on Saturday. They should have it in by then.

The weekend after release eh? No one has ever gave me a time frame when they should have them. Thanks for the info.....

BUT I don't think our video stores go by that lol The still don't have any of the soccer games. And they didn't get Tetris until the following week.

Hopefully they'll get them soon I need to play football soooo bad!

But ill give my personal review tonight

Looking forward to it :)

Marc
07-26-2002, 11:18 AM
I played one game of it against a friend. I used Clemson and he used UNC. I beat his ass like 55-14. The game is great, probably the best college football game ever made. I'm not going to review it until I've played it more though. The only negative thing is no online play. Still, NCAA 2003 is a masterpiece.

SlightlySycho
07-26-2002, 01:27 PM
Sweet.:cool:

By the way, I heard that you can choose a fight song when you create a school. I was curious if you're allowed to use a song you recorded on the Hard Drive. I doubt it, but it'd be quite cool.

Zion
07-26-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
Sweet.:cool:

By the way, I heard that you can choose a fight song when you create a school. I was curious if you're allowed to use a song you recorded on the Hard Drive. I doubt it, but it'd be quite cool.

Hmm..you bring up an interesting point. The Imperial Death March from one of the Star Wars soundtracks WOULD make a sweeeeet fight song!

studepaber
07-26-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Zion

Hmm..you bring up an interesting point. The Imperial Death March from one of the Star Wars soundtracks WOULD make a sweeeeet fight song!

ha!! nice mental pic there, I think I'm gonna go ahead and pick this one up despite all the criticism (most likely from EA-haters) as I somewhat enjoyed 2002. From the posts I've read most people believe it's alot better than that version. Some people have complained about slowdown though, is this just true with the defective copies (hate that 1:4 defective ratio!) or with every copy?

Keltiks
07-26-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Marc
I played one game of it against a friend. I used Clemson and he used UNC. I beat his ass like 55-14. The game is great, probably the best college football game ever made. I'm not going to review it until I've played it more though. The only negative thing is no online play. Still, NCAA 2003 is a masterpiece.

This game either must be unrealistic or your friend sucked alot becasue UNC would never get beaten that bad. If I recall from last year they beat FSU 41-9, the beat NC State, Virginia, and even Clemson!

SlightlySycho
07-26-2002, 07:34 PM
Well, I rented it today. Unfortunately, the answer to my question is no.:( Shame. I was really looking forward to having Paint it Black play as I enter my stadium. Oh well. The music is still better than Madden.

CharlieHustle
07-27-2002, 12:34 AM
Aiight, im back with my review. Ive had the for 3 days now, and this game is probably the best put together football game there is. Like i said before, the game is like a tweaked madden engine. Gameplay wise, is fun as hell. Graphics wise, xbox?.. the *****. I was playin tonight, with North Carolina A and T univ and my friend was playin with OU. Mind you , this was his first time even in the presence of an xbox. He kicked my ass due to the fact that the talent level of the sooners was significantly higher than my 1-aa team (Im a FAMU GRAD, but i wanted to play with a more run oriented team). He said that after he left my crib that he was gettin an xbox. And i didnt even show him morrowind. This game is built around the college atmosphere, you would swear that you was watching an ABC or an ESPN college football game on a sat. Its everything from madden with improved running(at least in my opinion) . If you think the franchise mode in madden is deep, then you should check the dynasty mode out. It is unbelievable. In the season mode you have games in a particular week that is regional or national or not broadcasted at all( By the time of the game there will be a logo, TV is regional, satellite is national) . If it is broadcasted then you will get the commentators of Brad Nesseler, Lee Corso, And kirk Herbstreit(Gameday Crew minus Fowler). If it is not Broadcasted The PA announcer will call the game. Also i named all the CANES(UM) starters, and even the PA announces the names. Like , " Dorsey is back to pass". My ONLY gripes about the game is the the button layout should had the option to be like madden, many times i threw or pitched when i didnt want to. But i will get accustomed like i did from nfl 2k to madden. Give this game a try, you will see that this is the best game out to date period.

Bakeman
07-27-2002, 12:57 AM
I called blockbuster last night and they said it would be in today...
I got up early and called and they didn't get it yet.. I called like 3 more times and they finally got it at like 2pm.. so took off down there and there wasn't any left! I couldn't believe it.. but I turn to the guy and asked if they were all out already.. and he was like "nope, got it right here" he was just barely putting it out on the shelf lol...

Anyways I've been playing it all day..

I like it.. it's a very good game...

one thing I thought was funny, was playing at Nebraska during an extra point I decided to run into the net to see what would happen.. I ran through the net.. then I decided to keep going.. I then ran through the STADIUM!! LOL I was busting up.. I could see my number floating around with no guy around.. lol

LBzrule
07-27-2002, 10:28 AM
I've been playing it since Monday the 22nd, and I cannot stop playing it. It is really deep. I will be posting my full review at football-gaming.com sometime before August first.

robnyack
07-27-2002, 01:07 PM
The dynasty mode.

It sounds like the "borrowed" heavily from "The College Years". A GREAT text based college football game that was out for the pc last year. And that was a GREAT game.

I am still holding out to see what Sega's version has to offer.

Marc
07-28-2002, 08:59 AM
Keltiks: My frined doesn't suck, but he played a bad game. I returned three interceptions for touchdowns. I took it easy on him once and he beat me, so I don't take it easy on him.

consolegamer
07-28-2002, 08:42 PM
I bought the game yesterday. The one problem i see in the game so far is THE HOT ROUTE PASSING IS WAY OFF! I will lead my receivers out and they'll stay in.If i lead them left they go right. I don't know what's with that. Also, the first time I popped it in, after a game it froze at the loading screen. Overall it's worth the money, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had route passing issues or freezes.

Marc
07-30-2002, 01:45 AM
I haven't had those problems yet. Here's hoping I don't.

chili325
08-01-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by consolegamer
I bought the game yesterday. The one problem i see in the game so far is THE HOT ROUTE PASSING IS WAY OFF! I will lead my receivers out and they'll stay in.If i lead them left they go right. I don't know what's with that. Also, the first time I popped it in, after a game it froze at the loading screen. Overall it's worth the money, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had route passing issues or freezes. Ive never really understood what hot route is, and i own the game. How does it work?

robnyack
08-01-2002, 09:49 PM
the game is real nice. got it yesterday. Was trying to hold out for Sega's release, but I snapped :eek:

Game looks real good, plays very nice, and dynasty mode looks to be the bomb!

very good game commentary too.