PDA

View Full Version : The future of XBOX

eman
10-29-2001, 08:00 AM
You see deep down inside my gut, I beleave MS wants for the moment, to associate pc games with his Xbox project. Sort of like munchs oddworld theory. Feed the public promising looking games, like Halo for instance, I like halo very much. So I’ll wait for the pc version, so billy boy’s campaign, would be based on how well the success of Xbox would be. Providing all goes well, the bate is set. Now stage two. As you can see from reading the opinion post’s, the consoles, almost if not, surpass the pc. As far as games go that arena is takin care of. In short, from what I’ve seen over the past, it wouldn’t surprise me that MS, will eliminate or make the fix very limited. The syringe, XBOX.

MensurB
10-29-2001, 11:01 AM
I was thinking to wait for halo to come out on the PC, but my PC sucks, there's no way I would enjoy the game...it would coast me more than 500 dollars just to upgrade my PC.

eman
10-29-2001, 11:23 AM
If you had a descent pc it would not cost you 500.00 to upgrade, plus as I mentioned before. If the window of opportunity, is right, the pc will be passé. In billy boy’s head.

SquirrelJam
10-29-2001, 10:19 PM
eman, at the risk of proving you right, I'm going to fall into Microsoft's diabolical trap, be the sheep that I am and buy into the dooms-day xbox scheme. :eek:

I'm sorry, forgive me cruel world.

SciFi
10-29-2001, 10:27 PM
how do you figure this eman?:confused:

kboy
10-30-2001, 02:26 AM
so i should spend $500 to play halo later when i can play halo in two weeks with $300?

RedFive
10-30-2001, 03:14 AM
Last I heard, Halo was an XBOX *only* title.

Microsoft has been very, very specific about their XBOX games *not* coming out for the PC. I doubt that Halo will ever make it to the PC -- that would take the entire "XBOX exclusive" idea right out of the picture. Now why would MS want to do that? Just a thought...

=w= RedFive =w=

Plasticman
10-30-2001, 06:41 AM
It will be on Mac and PC. I talked to a lot of people about it, and many of my co-workers feel the PC and Mac versions wouldn't look or play anything like the Xbox. Xbox blows away PC games in my opinion. PC games look too blocky and blurry textured. Max Payne seems to be the PC's flag title, and it doesn't impress me one bit.

Nope, the way I look at it, for games, consoles are the best. Makes me wonder why people always say they'll get the PC version of a game to avoid buying the better version? I bet if Halo was on PC and PS 2, eman would probably buy the PS 2 version. This makes no sense as the Xbox version of PC titles are clearly the more quality choice.

eman
10-30-2001, 06:42 AM
Redfive you just answered your own question.

eman
10-30-2001, 07:15 AM
SquirrelJam some people also fell into hitlers diabolical trap, don’t get me wrong maybe I sound a bit extreme. But as an adult gamer its only normal for me to keep tabs on my interest. And now this titan of greed, will soon be in my backyard. Just my thoughts.

XBOX Dude
10-30-2001, 10:43 AM
your comparing hitler with the XBOX i think that does sound extreme. and for christ sake look at the PS2 and all there crap and tell me that isn't a TRAP you some guy in sony said "hey let's sell them cheap software and then charge them for add ons will make a kill"

l Maximus l
10-30-2001, 11:08 AM
Eman...you call yourself a gamer, yet, you probably spend more time mocking the XBox instead of playing your *precious* PS2 which you already have chillin' in your living room...which is, most likely, gathering dust...as it should.

By the way, "Exclusive" means "exclusive". Prove me wrong when Halo comes out for the PC...but, just to save you time from wondering, it will not be available on the PC. If for some reason it does, it will be a long time from now...and by then, Halo will be old news....something better (if one can possibly imagine) will come out.

:rolleyes:

-Max

eman
10-30-2001, 03:36 PM
It seems everybody agrees with me.

JranZu
10-30-2001, 05:56 PM
To clear things up Halo was originally planned for the PC and Mac. Then about a year ago MS purchased Bungee (The company that made Halo) with the intention of releasing it on Xbox -- But also (to appease the mass amount of upset PC/MAC people) the intention of releasing it on the PC/Mac about 1 year later. Microsoft still claims they will do this but several persons believe they will not.

Personally I think that the Xbox is going to be the standard in gaming in the years to come. It is very much like a PC but with on large advantage. Developers know that every person running there game will have the same piece of hardware under the hood... So they can press the envelope without having to worry about weather or not it will run on 75% of the peoples computers... This makes it very easy for developers to write to, add in the Win2K kernel, Intel CPU, and Nvidia GPU and you have a system that is easy to develop for and powerful enough to blow away anything out there at this moment.

Another interesting thing to note it that the Xbox already has the about twice the games to be released by next summer as PS2 plans to have released by next summer. So even on that end they are covered... Get an Xbox -- in 5 years there will be nothing else....

Oh and incase your wondering go here:
http://www.microsoft.com/PressPass/press/2000/Jul00/MacGamesPR.asp

if you would like to read about Microsoft's plans for releasing halo on Mac and PC. Granted it's old -- according to MS it is still in there plans...

eman
10-30-2001, 07:23 PM
No s**t Sherlock , the question is will MS eliminate or possibly limit the games that would be released for the windows environment. Making pc gamers forced to buy xbox’s

kboy
10-30-2001, 10:25 PM
> It seems everybody agrees with me.

i guess i'm not part of "everybody"... :p

> the question is will MS eliminate or possibly limit the games that would be released for the windows environment.

xbox is not the microsoft's only product. as far as it stands now, windows and office products are still their money-making products. as for xbox, microsoft probably won't make profit for the next couple of years (it'll depend on the sale of the hardware and software licenses).

for those games they own (e.g., halo), i am sure they will try to do whatever to make sure that those games help the sale of xbox's. however, i doubt they can do anything about the 3rd party developers deciding to go multi-platform (well, microsoft _can_ buy exclusivity, but it's all up to the game developers to take the deal or not).

b1edjz79
10-30-2001, 10:40 PM
Halo will be on PC but it will not be better.

eman
10-31-2001, 08:13 AM
kboy So you do agree with me.

chelios
10-31-2001, 08:57 AM
I don't care who makes it.

I don't care if one is better than the other.

I have a PS2. I like it.

I have an XBOX reserved. I will get it.

I may end up with a GC. For the Star Wars game alone.

I have a high end PC already.

I think I am like a lot of gamers out there. I like games. I don't care what they are on, I just want to play them. This little debate is a bit pointless. I understand that a lot of people hate Bill and Microsoft. That is fine. Presonally, I could care less about the guy. I just want to say that Sony went out of their way to crush a lot of competition on their rise to the top. That is how big business works. I find it hard to fault someone for doing what is pretty much standard practice in the business world. To succeed, you find an opponents weakness and go after them. It may be horrible and ruthless, but that is how it works.

If you want one, get one. If you don't want one, why bother. Are some poeple so bored that they spend all their time trying to goad others into baseless arguments? If that is what you like to do with your time, so be it.

rivalius13
10-31-2001, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Plasticman
It will be on Mac and PC. its actually only on xbox (and maybe PC not sure) since MS bought Bungie

eman
10-31-2001, 09:40 AM
Hey, mother Theresa what do you think these forums are for.

JranZu
10-31-2001, 09:59 AM
N.E.wayz -- If all you really want to know is weather MS will limit the games on the PC and make mostly for the Xbox -- I think that is what will happen. The Xbox will be easier to create games for and MS will make more money doing it...

MMORPG will still be mainly PC based games (Although I wouldn't mind seeing WOW com out on the Xbox) mainly because of the amount of typing that is required in one of those games and MS says there will be not Keyboard...

So as I said previously -- in about 5 years the Xbox (or Xbox 2 or 3) will be the only "real" gaming platform around... PC's coming in second.... But then again 5 years ago nobody ever thought a consol would be competition for a PC so who knows what we will see in 5 years... Perhaps something completely different....

chelios
10-31-2001, 10:08 AM
Apparently these forums are a place for you to continually rag on a console you don't like and have no intention of buying. What a wonderful waste of time. Do you get paid by the hour?

eman
10-31-2001, 10:14 AM
So why do you answer me if it’s a waste of time, do you get paid by the hour ?

ok i fixed it smart ass

chelios
10-31-2001, 11:06 AM
No, I'm just bored at work. And it's paid, not payed.

l Maximus l
10-31-2001, 06:39 PM
lol

ChodoBoy
10-31-2001, 08:08 PM
Either way halo is going to be a killer game for the Xbox theres no doubt about it. Im gonna buy and play it for hours straight no matter what every one else says.