PDA

View Full Version : Freezing

shrew king
07-25-2002, 04:47 PM
OK, I have been playing Morrowind for a couple of weeks, and recently it has been freezing a lot, im a afraid to go to long without saving it because if i dont ill be screwed over, is there any way to prevent this? I have like no scratches and it still does it, i blow the dust out, still does it, i thought freezing was gone along time ago? wtf is it doing on the xbox?

Alien
07-25-2002, 05:07 PM
If you're getting the dirt disc error message, here's something from Bethesda-

We have had a few reports from users who experience a dirty disc message even though their disc and Xbox seem to be working properly. We’re doing our best to investigate this problem, but as it is so rare, we have not been able to isolate it. If we do find a cause and solution for you, we’ll let you know immediately. Some users say that wiping their cache solves this problem.

Wiping your Morrowind Cache

This can be done in two ways:

1) Play 3 other Xbox games
Play 3 other games, before playing Morrowind again. You simply must load the 3 other games on your Xbox, then load Morrowind again.

Different games cache at different times, so there is no guarantee that every Xbox game out there will cache at the initial load up. The Xbox needs 3 other games to cache their information before Morrowind’s cache gets cleared.

2) Delete Morrowind from your Xbox Hard Drive
You will need an Xbox memory unit for this. To clear your cache with a memory unit, follow these steps.

1. Turn on the Xbox console with no disc in the disk tray.
2. Select MEMORY, and then select Xbox Hard Disk.
3. Select the specific individual saved game name in the collection of saved games.
4. Select COPY to move that saved game to an Xbox Memory Unit.
5. After the save game you want to keep is safely stored on your memory
card, select the Xbox Hard Disk again.
6. Select Morrowind from the list of games, then select Delete.
7. After Morrowind is deleted, select your memory card again, and select your save game.
8. Select Copy and copy it to the Xbox Hard Disk.
9. Insert your Morrowind disk and play from your save.