PDA

View Full Version : Lock Splitter scroll

tennyson
07-26-2002, 09:14 AM
I found a few scrolls that have the Lock Splitter spell on them (open 100pt on touch) and then tried to open to main temple door in Vivec. I used 5 scrolls and they alkl seemed to fizzle out and the door stayed locked. Is it possible that a scroll would not work like that, I though they worked no matter what. Plus, I know that my casting abilities are far beyond the requirements, but I'm not sure if that really matters. Any help? Thanks!

Tkf5000
07-26-2002, 10:19 AM
i belive there are a few doors that u need to open with a key. like the box next to fyr that has the amulet. i used all my lockspliters and it didnt open. theres probly a few doors it doesnt work on. like sacred stuff. vivic is a god afterall, he needs to be protected. try getting as close as u can to the door cuz it only goes short distances too.

Yannie Boy
07-26-2002, 10:37 AM
Same happened to me but then i picked it with a grandmaster lockpick

Professor Kaos
07-26-2002, 10:41 AM
y do u guys do everything the hard way, enchant a exquisit amulet to do 100-100 opening i call it lock buster. it doesnt always work on the first try put with a golden saint u get A LOT of tries, thats how i opened it

feejeean
08-08-2002, 11:31 PM
Where oh where can I find an exquisite amulet and a golden saint and how do I get "constant effect" thingamajingi ?????????????/

shrew king
08-08-2002, 11:50 PM
why not just get training in security? then you can just get a lockpick and open it, my security is at 98 and i can open a door with 100 pts. with an apprentices lockpick. its alot easier.

feejeean
08-08-2002, 11:55 PM
AHA !!!!!!! thank you .... I did not realise the door lock rating related to skill !!!!!!

shrew king
08-09-2002, 01:16 AM
seriously? the higher training in security, the higher the lock you can unlock with ease.

frostedflakes
08-09-2002, 01:30 AM
no, impossible! it has to be some kind of trick question or something.

seiously, go to the high elf in balmora (hercedine, i think) and train your security up to about 60 (probly cost you 10k at the most), then buy about 40 apprentice lockpicks. that should hold you over for quite a while.

Black_Tek
08-09-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by shrew king
seriously? the higher training in security, the higher the lock you can unlock with ease.
Yo,,,,thanks for your reply about the "Legion Job"....talking about getting my security level to this rating, It will take ages.....especially If you are a scout or a warior.......:)

shrew king
08-09-2002, 08:32 PM
nah, just trap some expensive soul, sell it, then you got enough money to get your security pretty damn high, once you do, theres no door that can stop you, but you need a good way to sneak, i recommend the amulet of shadows.

Supperdog
08-16-2002, 06:01 PM
or just enchant a ring with 100% chameleon like me...

constant effect of course :eek: