PDA

View Full Version : Fame Rating

CALzinger
07-26-2002, 01:36 PM
I've been playing this game for a while and practically every single NPC's disposition in the game is about 95, so everybody knows me. I was surprised to look at my reputation (fame rating) and see that it was 0.

- HOW DOES YOUR REPUTATION GO UP?
- WHAT IS YOUR REPUTATION IN MORROWIND?

Professor Kaos
07-26-2002, 02:02 PM
my rep is only 13 it went up when i did lots o guild quests and killed ppl

CALzinger
07-26-2002, 02:49 PM
what does the reputation do for you?

Professor Kaos
07-26-2002, 03:05 PM
i have no idea on what ur rep does

xtr0n187
07-26-2002, 03:57 PM
I think your reputation affects if someone is going to "seek" you for a quest...oppossed to asking for duties or jobs....at the same token if your bounty is high enough i think people "seek" to catch you.....i dont know i dont have the strategy quide or anything, but this is what i think.

Keltiks
07-26-2002, 04:02 PM
Get reputation 100 and you have conquered the game in the best way possible. Mess up one or two quests you might only be able to get a 99. Do everything in the most righteous way.

CALzinger
07-26-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Keltiks
Get reputation 100 and you have conquered the game in the best way possible. Mess up one or two quests you might only be able to get a 99. Do everything in the most righteous way.

so if i beat the main quest, then how high does my reputation go?
how do i get a reputation of 100?

Tkf5000
07-26-2002, 05:11 PM
mines 2 lol. i heard someone say they beat the main quest and it boosted up to like 70 or sumthin, someone posted this a while ago.

CALzinger
07-26-2002, 05:25 PM
so should i just beat the main quest, and then boost EVERY SINGLE PERSON'S DISPOSITION?

Tkf5000
07-26-2002, 05:29 PM
i dunno. im not sure if it also raises disposition but you did save vanderfall, they should like u more. but like i said im not 100% sure because i havent completed the main quest. im going to wait to start the main quest.

CALzinger
07-26-2002, 05:32 PM
i already started the main quest. i got some of it done. so far, it seems pretty straight forward and easy. i wanna fight some BIG A$$ BOSSES! AND SOME POWERFUL MAGES and stuff like that. its probably comin though.

Tkf5000
07-26-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger
i already started the main quest. i got some of it done. so far, it seems pretty straight forward and easy. i wanna fight some BIG A$$ BOSSES! AND SOME POWERFUL MAGES and stuff like that. its probably comin though.
your not gunna kill any big bosses. they are normal size people. its not zelda or sumthin where u fight 20ft stuff. but u do encounter powerful mages.

Applesauce
07-26-2002, 05:51 PM
my rep goes up whenever i get promoted in the morag tong. Do people treat you like a god or an emporer if you complete the main quest

CALzinger
07-26-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Applesauce
my rep goes up whenever i get promoted in the morag tong. Do people treat you like a god or an emporer if you complete the main quest

probably, but people already treat me like a god. and my disposition is Zer0. so what would the difference be? people say: "it would be an honor to speak with you" and "speak freely outlander". their disposition is like 100 or around that, 95 that range.

reguarding the 20ft things, DAMN IT.

frostedflakes
07-26-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger

probably, but people already treat me like a god. and my disposition is Zer0. so what would the difference be? people say: "it would be an honor to speak with you" and "speak freely outlander". their disposition is like 100 or around that, 95 that range.

reguarding the 20ft things, DAMN IT.

if you have a good rep they'll say something along the lines of: "your reputation preceeds you. it is an honor."

the reason everyone has such high disposition for you is probly cause you have high speechcraft.

btw, my rep is 3. ha!

CALzinger
07-26-2002, 08:13 PM
yes, must be the speechcraft. its at like 85. my personatlity is at 100. so must all add up. time to get my rep up, it makes me proud :p

xtr0n187
07-26-2002, 10:20 PM
Imperial Race + Sign of the Lady+ Level 1

=Dark Elves would wipe your ass.

shrew king
07-27-2002, 12:28 AM
how can u tell what yur disposition is with people? i pi$$ people off to get my products low, i pi$$ the booksellers off, and basically anyone who dares barter with me, but i have never seen anything for disposition.

frostedflakes
07-27-2002, 12:33 AM
disposition is the meter at the top right of the screen when you talk to a person. it's blue and should have a number out of 100 (higher the number is, the more that person likes you).

daedric warrior
07-27-2002, 08:34 AM
my rep is 9. i got it there by doing odd jobs for people i found along the paths. i also completed a couple guild quests and that boosts it too. people brown-nose me every where i go. i wear the masque of clavicus vile which boosts your personality 30 points.

davidx
07-27-2002, 11:09 PM
I'm Mr. Popularity in Vanderfell. My 'fame' rating is a whooping 8!

Question: Since it's possible to re-enter House Hallu (after being expelled), is it possible to get back into the blades?

Question #2: If I go and kill Dragoth (without doing Main Quest) what happens? How do I finish the game??

confused

Kraft
07-28-2002, 04:20 AM
Well, my rep is at a solid 35 right now. Im a Master theif, an Agent in the Blades, a hearthfriend amongst the Ashlanders and a white thrall with the morag tong. I also have some other cool titles under my belt, but Im not going to say just because I don't want to ruin the story for others.

As to the prior questions: I have no idea about the blades, I have never been kicked out of an organization.

You can't defeat Dagoth Ur, its pointless to try. You can find him, but he pretty much tells you to **** off because you haven't yet fulfilled the prophecies. If you fight him, you will die. you can't teleport with intervention spells, and you have to have.... special equipment to dispose of him.

Duke
07-28-2002, 11:28 AM
After finishing the main quest my rep is at 68 or 69.

I hold these -

Arch-mage of the mages' guild
Master Thief of the thieves guild
Grandmaster of the Morag Tong
Acolyte of the Imperial temple
House Cousin of House Redoran
I'm either apprentice or just over in the Fighters' Guild
Hearth-Friend of the Ashlanders (anyone know how to improve this?)
Agent of the Blades

Right now just working on the Temple quests, got screwed and don't think I'll be able to advance any farther in House Redoran. I killed some guy at the beginning of the game that I can't complete one of the quests without.

After that Fighter's guild, although I'm not sure how far I can advance as I completed the Thieves guild quests first.

Imperial guard too. Saving that one for last, just because I'd more or less finished it up before I had to restart.

Anyway, not looking for a pat on the back or anything, but if someone has higher rankings or knows how to advance in the Blades or Ashlanders, please post since I can't really see me gaining another 30 points with what I have left. Maybe I missed something?

preetz16
07-28-2002, 11:53 AM
Well, I've found that sometimes just random events that happen to you while exploring can raise your reputation. For example, just the act of me going to the underground Ebonheart caves and killing the guy to get the lords mail was enough to increase my rep. by one. So maybe there's a lot of things you can do that are just "out there", nobody asks you to do them, but they help...just a thought.

mother
07-28-2002, 09:21 PM
im at 32 reputation

im grand master of the morag tong
aprentice or sumthing in the blades
house father of hlaalu
and ive done millions of favors for people.

im also level 48.
woodelf.

CALzinger
07-29-2002, 08:12 AM
frame rating here is 3, but im sure it will go up as a keep on doing the main quests. ive noticed that it goes up when i do the main quest.

Nato King
07-29-2002, 10:05 AM
My fame rating is now 11. Like CALzinger said it mostly went up for me when I was playing the main Quest.:)

SciFi
07-30-2002, 01:36 PM
where did you check your fame ?

Duke
07-30-2002, 05:04 PM
Go to the screen where it lists your skills rating and scroll to the bottom of the skills.

The very bottom box has your fame rating and any bounty that might be on your head.

SciFi
08-02-2002, 11:39 AM
oh, cool....
thanks, tha'll help a lot...:)