PDA

View Full Version : Sega's mistake...

faceoff508
07-26-2002, 03:16 PM
Can someone tell me why sega supports Sony when it has been beaten buy it two times. Sony"s Playstation defeated the Sega Saturn and Sony's Playstaion 2 beat up Sega Dreamcast. Yet Sega is giving the PS2 40 games. While the Gamecube 20 and xbox 14. This doesnt make sense. Can someone clear it up for me?

Keltiks
07-26-2002, 03:31 PM
If you can't beat em, join em.

DBXNY
07-26-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Can someone clear it up for me?

Sure....it's called M-O-N-E-Y. That's what business is all about.:)

PROUDXBOXOWNER
07-26-2002, 03:38 PM
thats what made me mad until i told myself that they would come around we should all just be happy that we are getting 14 games from a top notch dev/pub like sega.

P-Rock
07-26-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Keltiks
If you can't beat em, join em.

Keltiks, you said it all right there. Sega just wants in on Sony's business because they know that Sony is reliable and consistent.

Sega has very little expierence dealing with Nintendo and Microsoft, so they choose the one they know best, Sony.

faceoff508
07-26-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by WolverineX

Keltiks, you said it all right there. Sega just wants in on Sony's business because they know that Sony is reliable and consistent.

Sega has very little expierence dealing with Nintendo and Microsoft, so they choose the one they know best, Sony.

The games that they made for Nintendo were best sellers. Nintendo's #1 publisher/developer is Sega. While they are 3rd publisher in Sony. And 5th with the Xbox. So there games are doing better on the Gamecube than on the Playstaion 2. Its all because Sega gives thier good developers to Gamecube and medicore developers to work on Xbox games.

CRAIG123
07-26-2002, 03:47 PM
Sega are really licking sony's ass.. They need money and popularity and what better way than to promote throguh sony.

Keltiks
07-26-2002, 03:50 PM
Games take along time to create. Alot of sega's games that are about to come out probably started initial production over a year ago. A year ago, no one knew exactly how well the xbox and gamecube would perform. Alot more security comes with making games for the PS2. In a year from now, if the ratio is the same, I will be suprised.

Caliadar
07-26-2002, 04:49 PM
We may only be getting 14 games, but those include Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue 2, Toe Jam & Earl 3, etc... all top notch games. I have seen nothing on PS2 other then Shinobi that looks any good.

Snapple
07-26-2002, 05:17 PM
and there probly staying with sony cause sega is so poor right now they cant even make there own system so they have to make games and sell them to get more money to make a top notch system:D and they probly went with ps2 cause its the best selling system out there right now

POD13259
07-26-2002, 06:13 PM
The underlying factor in corporations is that they will bend over backwards for any amount of money.

cityson
07-26-2002, 06:45 PM
Sega supports PS2 with more games cuz....
1) PS2 is D@mn old.....Obviously more games are on it.
2) PS2 is getttin' weak....I mean Sony makes bad games and other developers made junky games. So Sega is the only helper.
3) PS2 does not have many online games.....So far only ONE. FFXI. So Sega is the other and only online helper.

Dyslexic Chaos
07-26-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by cityson
Sega supports PS2 with more games cuz....
1) PS2 is D@mn old.....Obviously more games are on it.
2) PS2 is getttin' weak....I mean Sony makes bad games and other developers made junky games. So Sega is the only helper.
3) PS2 does not have many online games.....So far only ONE. FFXI. So Sega is the other and only online helper.

Ummmm, FFXI isn't the PS2's only online games, what about Tribes:Arrial Assault, Socom, Frequency(Yay), Madden, Twisted Metal: Black online, etc. etc.? It's easy how some people so easily forget. While the Xbox DOES have the best online plan, Sony's is still pretty good. Oh, and I would'nt call Sega in need of monet, because last year it still made over a Billion dollars, the only reason they aren't making consoles anymore is because, even though the Dc was a kick ass console, it didn't sell all that well, and Sega realized that after the Sega CD, 32X, Game gear etc., that most people had just lost faith in them.

wweomaniac
07-26-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Can someone tell me why sega supports Sony when it has been beaten buy it two times. Sony"s Playstation defeated the Sega Saturn and Sony's Playstaion 2 beat up Sega Dreamcast. Yet Sega is giving the PS2 40 games. While the Gamecube 20 and xbox 14. This doesnt make sense. Can someone clear it up for me? yes.. if you can't beat them, join them. I would do that also if I got screwed over. They are obivously looking for the biggest and best market to make games for. it's a financial decision...

Evil_Dr_Beefy
07-28-2002, 02:04 PM
i think about money, sony has the most consoles out there. the playstation 2 may be showing it's age..but the old girl can still put out some great games. a lot of people are still on the fence about the xbox...i think you have to go where the sales are...

faceoff508
07-29-2002, 11:11 AM
So every comapny wants money? I see.