PDA

View Full Version : Xbox On Japanese Top 10

PROUDXBOXOWNER
07-26-2002, 04:03 PM
News out of Japan for Xbox isn't usually good, the daily sales charts are usually nothing to write home about on the Xbox front, but today seems to have taken a turn, perhaps a turn for the better. In todays daily software sales charts for Japan, both From Software’s Murakumo and Crazy Taxi 3 were able to grab spots on the top 10 by taking the 3rd and 7th spots respectively. Of course, while Murakumo wasn’t able to touch Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure 5 for PlayStation 2, the top title, it was able to surpass Super Mario Sunshine, a game that took home 4th place. While these games aren’t likely to stay on the charts long, it’s certainly a breath of fresh air for those that have had to read up on nothing but negative Japanese Xbox news.

JimmieDoogan
07-26-2002, 04:12 PM
Right on... maybe Murakumo is a bit better than it seems. Like it says though, I doubt they'll be there for long. I've read japanese reviews of various games, and they just seem to hate american themes, not to mention they don't seem to have the hand eye coord americans do (just a bit of bullshiet, I don't really mean that). They complained that you have to use both analog sticks in Halo. Sounds like someone has a problem with carpotunnel ;). But seriously, I certainly hope they can bring out some games in Japan that will show these guys that MS does actually have the best system out and that American's can code with the best of em. Cheers.

thebruce
07-26-2002, 06:01 PM
It probaly outsold Mario because Mario sold out, but lets not think about that :D