PDA

View Full Version : Problem: Constant Effect on Enchantment

CALzinger
07-26-2002, 07:43 PM
When I went to go enchant, I wanted to give it a constant effect. I was trying this on armor. Actually, the constant effect didn't work on ANYTHING.

WHY CAN'T I PUT CONSTANT EFFECT ON ANY ENCHANTMENTS I MAKE?

SlightlySycho
07-26-2002, 07:48 PM
It only works if you have a Soul Gem that contains an Ascended Sleeper or Golden Saint (I'm guessing Vivec would work too). Anything other than that and you won't be able to make an item with a Constant Effect.

Also, is it me or do certain constant effect spells not work? I created a Robe that had a Detect Animal enchantment on it and it didn't work.

CALzinger
07-26-2002, 07:50 PM
thanks, ill try to find that, u said it was in vivec?

also, where can i find a fortify spell? i have another post on it. i just need a spell that fortifies ANY ATTRIBUTE. u know where i can find one?

SlightlySycho
07-26-2002, 07:53 PM
I meant that Vivec's soul could be used to make a Constant Effect item. You won't find any Golden Saints or Ascended Sleepers in Vivec.;)

CALzinger
07-26-2002, 07:56 PM
durrrrr common sense
::slaps himself::

but uh...vivec's soul? i dont think ive heard of this. im probably understanding this wrong

frostedflakes
07-26-2002, 08:16 PM
vivec is a god who lives in vivec (what a coincidence!).

you can find his shrine at the temple canton. his door is locked 100 pts, and i don't think enchanted items/scrolls/spells will open it (so use a lockpick).

CALzinger
07-26-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by frostedflakes
vivec is a god who lives in vivec (what a coincidence!).

you can find his shrine at the temple canton. his door is locked 100 pts, and i don't think enchanted items/scrolls/spells will open it (so use a lockpick).

ah, i got a 100 pt open spell anyways. thanks. so uh..he ummm...sells these uh...gems?

frostedflakes
07-26-2002, 08:24 PM
no, you catch him in a soul gem (use a grand gem). good luck killing him though. if you are a good archer, you might stand a chance. one day i took him on just for kicks. i just dodged his fireballs and pumped him full of arrows. unfortunately i ran out of arrows before i was able to take him down.

CALzinger
07-26-2002, 08:31 PM
1st problem, i can't find the temple canton
2nd problem, where can i get an open grand soul gem?

frostedflakes
07-26-2002, 08:55 PM
1. it's the farthest south of all the cantons. if all else fails, try asking around (if you're really having a tough time finding it, ask the lady in the top floor of arielle's trade house in seyda neen about it. she'll mark all the cantons on your map for you).

2. eh, i'm not sure. maybe try looking around at some apothecaries or in the mages guilds. i found 3 of them in a temple on one of my quests (the one to find the bitter cup). the temple is in the northernmost area of vvanderfell (just south of vos i think).

CALzinger
07-26-2002, 09:09 PM
no no, i know where the temple canton is, but where is the room?

illill first try apothecracies, then that temple near vos

Shadow20002
07-26-2002, 10:36 PM
I think you can soul trap Lord Vivec. He is very very tough guy. Before you fight with him, buy a lots potions of quality healing (a least 20 in my way). When he strikes you, you are damage by all four spells for unlimited time (fire, frost, poison, shock) even if you are resist. Soul trap are only for 60 sec. You can kill this guy in 60 sec.

frostedflakes
07-26-2002, 10:38 PM
try fighting him with the umbra sword, cause each time you hit him it will cast soul trap.

CALzinger
07-27-2002, 07:41 AM
i could probably beat him, but i can't even find an empty grand soul gem!!!

WHERE CAN I FIND AN EMPTY GRAND SOUL GEM?
CAN I TRAP A DREMORA INSTEAD AND STILL HAVE CONSTANT EFFECT?

daedric warrior
07-27-2002, 08:21 AM
you can find 2 empty grand soul gems at tel fyr right across from to the left of sadrith mora on your world map. there is also one at the dren plantation villa. anything else let me know.

CALzinger
07-27-2002, 08:48 AM
hmm...ill check tel fyr. ive been there before, got the crescent. i dont remeber seeing one though. is it near fyr upstairs? or in the corpusarium? or just in the hallways? i give it a look. otherwise, ill go to drens.

DO YOU THINK A DREMORA COULD GIVE ME CONSTANT EFFECT?\

[EDIT] i dont want to kill vivec, maybe he is a part of the main quest or somethin

[EDIT AGAIN] ok, i found the grand soul gems

but my question still remains: DO YOU THINK A DREMORA IN A GRAND SOUL GEM COULD GIVE ME A CONSTANT EFFECT?

CALzinger
07-27-2002, 09:51 AM
ehh, dremora wont work
so u guys say that a golden saint would work

um..WHERE CAN I FIND A GOLDEN SAINT DUDE?

Dulacc
07-27-2002, 10:35 AM
You can get a summon golden saint spell from a guy in Tel Branora. Check the 'Summoning glitch' thread for a good way to summon a creature permanently. Then, its just a matter of soul trapping your summoned golden saint.

There is one on an island NE of Dagon Fel. You kill it as part of the quest to get Azura's Star(the best soul gem in the game. re-usable and can hold any soul).

To make a constant effect enchantment, only golden saints and ascend sleepers(and vivec himself) will work. However, there is a trick that once you have everything set for a constant effect, you can switch out the grand soul gem for another and still get the constant effect(as long as the 'charge cost' isn't higher than the number of charges the gem gives).

CALzinger
07-27-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Dulacc
You can get a summon golden saint spell from a guy in Tel Branora. Check the 'Summoning glitch' thread for a good way to summon a creature permanently. Then, its just a matter of soul trapping your summoned golden saint.

There is one on an island NE of Dagon Fel. You kill it as part of the quest to get Azura's Star(the best soul gem in the game. re-usable and can hold any soul).

To make a constant effect enchantment, only golden saints and ascend sleepers(and vivec himself) will work. However, there is a trick that once you have everything set for a constant effect, you can switch out the grand soul gem for another and still get the constant effect(as long as the 'charge cost' isn't higher than the number of charges the gem gives).

for this erm...azura's star quest, what is it from? the main qeust? what guild quest? cause i want to get this gem but i dont want to ruin the prophecy.

mticha_21
07-27-2002, 11:01 AM
apothecracies what is that? and where in drens villa is one i took out the whole place and didnt see one,and how do u get to tel fyr ?

CALzinger
07-27-2002, 11:28 AM
apothecracies is like a place to heal, dren's villa is east of pelagiad i think. for tel fyr, u got to sadrith mora and the travel west, it is one of the bigger islands.

also, where can i find a daedric TOWER shield? i need an item with the enchantment over 165, and the daedric shield seems like the only one i have.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A DEADRIC TOWER SHIELD?
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND AN ITEM WITH A ENCHANT HIGHER THAN 165?

Dulacc
07-27-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger

for this erm...azura's star quest, what is it from? the main qeust? what guild quest? cause i want to get this gem but i dont want to ruin the prophecy.

It's actually just a miscelaneous quest. If you go to Azura's Shrine and hit the A button at her statue, she starts talking about a bet she made with another god. Blah, blah, blah, the point is if you go kill Staada(the afore mentioned golden saint) and bring the ring he has on him back to Azura's shrine and talk to her again, she gives use Azura's Star. It has nothing to do with the main quest or any guild quests at all.

CALzinger
07-28-2002, 03:52 PM

It's actually just a miscelaneous quest. If you go to Azura's Shrine and hit the A button at her statue, she starts talking about a bet she made with another god. Blah, blah, blah, the point is if you go kill Staada(the afore mentioned golden saint) and bring the ring he has on him back to Azura's shrine and talk to her again, she gives use Azura's Star. It has nothing to do with the main quest or any guild quests at all.

AWESOME!

please excuse my newbieness, but where is azura's shrine?

ScorpionX
07-28-2002, 04:02 PM

AWESOME!

please excuse my newbieness, but where is azura's shrine?

If you look on your map, it is directly east of Molag Mar or northeast of Tel Branora. You have to walk along the coast to get there. Go inside and talk to Azuras statue to get the quest.

BTW- I am having a problem with trapping Vivec in a sould gem. I have an empty grand soul gem and put the soul trap on him, but I can never trap his soul. What do I have to do to trap Vivec soul?

CALzinger
07-28-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by rage1mj7

If you look on your map, it is directly east of Molag Mar or northeast of Tel Branora. You have to walk along the coast to get there. Go inside and talk to Azuras statue to get the quest.

BTW- I am having a problem with trapping Vivec in a sould gem. I have an empty grand soul gem and put the soul trap on him, but I can never trap his soul. What do I have to do to trap Vivec soul?

ok, ill check for the statue.

reguarding vivec's soul, are you sure the soul trap spell didn't run out? cause the soul trap spell does have limited time.

CALzinger
07-28-2002, 08:32 PM
just wondering, does azura's star have constant effect?

CAUSE THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Dulacc
07-29-2002, 12:25 AM
1) The ability to make 'Constant Effect' items is not determined by the soul gem involved. It's determined by the value of the soul. So you could make 'Constant Effect' items with Azura's Star, as long as the value of the Soul was over 400(Soul Value=Value divided by the value of the gem itself. Example: A grand soul gem with a Golden Saint in it is worth 80,000. 200(empty grand soul gem)*400(value of Golden Saint Soul)=80,000. That's why you'll see that when you have ANY soul in Azura's Star, it's value goes through the roof, seeing as Azura's Star empty is worth 5000.)

2) I believe you can only trap Vivec with Azura's Star. His soul is too big for even grand soul Gems, I think. I have trapped him in Azura's Star, but I haven't tried with a grand soul gem. You could experiment with it. Get an empty grand soul gem and Azura's Star, and try and trap Vivec. It will try and put him in the grand soul gem first, before putting him in Azura's Star.

CALzinger
07-29-2002, 08:11 AM
ok, i get it now about the constant effect. so now i can trap golden saints (my summoned ones) into azura's star and get constant effect. this is great, i figured out how constant effect works!

now, its enchanting time!!

also, i got another question.
i want to have a constant effect minion. so do u know where a dude sells a lot of summon (conjuration) spells? i already checked tel boramora.

Dulacc
07-29-2002, 09:08 AM
Well, aside from the guy in Tel Branora, the only other two that have more than a couple of summon spells are the guild duide in Balmora and one of the guys in the mage guild in Ald'Ruhn.

As for the constant minion: They require a LOT of enchantment points(the amount of enchantment a particular ITEM can hold). I'm talking most of them are over 100, and golden saints are over 200. Not to mention, guards will attack your minion and you upon site. But, whatever.

You also might check the Telvanni people in various places.

http://www.m0use.net/~uesp/morrow/hints/mwspells.shtml

This is a link to a list of spell merchants. It lists the type of spells they sell, too. I suppose you could look for conjuration merchants.

CALzinger
07-29-2002, 09:53 AM
cool, but what i need in particular is a dremora lord summon spell, but i haven't found one. do u know where i can find oen?

Dulacc
07-29-2002, 01:21 PM
cool, but what i need in particular is a dremora lord summon spell, but i haven't found one. do u know where i can find oen?

There isn't a 'Summon Dremora Lord' spell in the game.

CALzinger
07-29-2002, 02:47 PM
oh...well um...do u know any good summon spells that summons a fast dude? my dremora can't even keep up.

Tkf5000
07-29-2002, 03:45 PM
the fastest things in the game are probly cliff racers. but i dont belvive there are any cliff racer summons but im not sure, im a warrior not a mage.

Dulacc
07-29-2002, 04:02 PM
Here's a list of creatures you CAN summon:

Ancestral Ghost
Bonelord
Bonewalker
Centurion Sphere
Clanfear
Daedroth
Dremora
Flame Antronach
Frost Antronach
Golden Saint
Greater Bonewalker
Hunger
Scamp
Skeletal Minion
Storm Antronach
Winged Twilight

I got this from a spell list located:

http://www.m0use.net/~uesp/morrow/hints/mweffects.shtml

I don't know who has which ones(with the exception of the golden saint). Check the spell merchant list I gave earlier to find people who sell conjuration spells and try them.

Tkf5000
07-29-2002, 04:11 PM
that would be cool if u could trap humanoids into soul gems or monsters into soul gems nad pay to learn how to summon that monster\humanoid. thatd be funny walking around with dagoth ur.

CALzinger
07-29-2002, 09:13 PM
Here's a list of creatures you CAN summon:

Ancestral Ghost
Bonelord
Bonewalker
Centurion Sphere
Clanfear
Daedroth
Dremora
Flame Antronach
Frost Antronach
Golden Saint
Greater Bonewalker
Hunger
Scamp
Skeletal Minion
Storm Antronach
Winged Twilight

I got this from a spell list located:

http://www.m0use.net/~uesp/morrow/hints/mweffects.shtml

I don't know who has which ones(with the exception of the golden saint). Check the spell merchant list I gave earlier to find people who sell conjuration spells and try them.

darn, i already have all those spells. and all of t
yes, that would be cool if u could trap NPCs, there was a thread about it somewhere else i believe

Tkf5000
07-30-2002, 10:09 AM
i mean trap ANY npcs and then go to a a spellmaker and they coud use the gem with the soul to create a summon "X" spell.

SciFi
07-30-2002, 01:27 PM
how had are golden st.s to kill (what level ought one be at b4 they atempt it???)